God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts... - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts...

This is a discussion on God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts... within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Better pic...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts...

Better pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts...-e44925e2-b6bc-47a5-8f22-6246621ee1f7_1580954718595.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    We had a cattle dog/German shepherd mix that was a wonderful guy. The wife found him as a tiny mange infested young puppy, in the roadside ditch, thrown away.
    What a wonderful dog he was.
    The size and coloring of an Australian cattle dog, with the appearance of a shepherd.

He lived to be 16, been gone about 5 years now. I still have scars on my arm from his claws when we used to play fight.
    Hell you ain't really enjoyed a dog till you've had it bite you all over the arms as you play fight....pushing his nose down in the grass, and watching it try to get its front paws up above its head to scratch at you!!!!

I got scars that bring me the greatest memories....but those who don't know better would think I was a cutter as a teen.
    Denton and rice paddy daddy like this.

Cattle Dogs are funny. If Mrs S goes to the basement pantry and I'm upstairs, our ACD will wait at the top of the basement stairs.
    God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts...-img_1830-002-.jpg

If I go to the basement, our Cattle Dog will race down the stairs (after my release command from the top of the stairs) and "Clear The Room" especially at night. Same for the garage or shop. But not the barn? Why doesn't she go to the barn with me? Hell-If-I-Know but she doesnt!

If Mrs S goes out to work the garden, the dog goes with her. If I go to work the garden, the dog stays on the porch. If I am on the tractor, the dog follows and barks. If I'm on the 4Wheeler, she stays on the porch, but if Mrs S is on the 4Wheeler, the dog goes with her. If Mrs S goes to the bathroom, the dog follows. If I go to the bathroom, the dog stays where she was.

This is one funny dog and we love her!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Think I got a photo of Bowzer the Service Dog around here somewhere. Here he is posing as an airplane on Halloween
    God Bless Cattle Dogs and Personal Protection Thoughts...-bowzer-halloween.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Think I got a photo of Bowzer the Service Dog around here somewhere. Here he is posing as an airplane on Halloween
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bowzer halloween.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	103667
    I'm glad you told me it was Bowzer, I thought it was a picture of a real fast airplane at one of those air shows! Bowzer looks like he is enjoying the attention. I bet Ol Bowzer would take a piece of bacon out your hand faster than you can say SHIT-ZU! Good dog!

Yes. Hes an eager eater who dont have any problem biting mean little kids who he thinks wants his treats.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    ..... If I go to the bathroom, the dog stays where she was.
    I'm guessing it only took one time following you in for that decision to be made.
    Chiefster23 and Slippy like this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Super Moderator

Dogs are wonderful creatures. One of Gods great gifts to us.

Service dogs are even more so. Did you know that service dogs are more effective in alleviating post-war ptsd than psych meds? Yes, it's true.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

Definitely miss my cattle dog for sure, he was a blue fiesty little guy who wouldn't back down from anything! He loved my wife as long as she respected his tough guy persona.
    Slippy likes this.
    A man never truly knows how good he is with a gun until that gun is his last resort to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Did a little work on the tractor and driveway this afternoon, also worked on the Barn; Siding and Interior Storage. Red Dog stays on the porch when I work in the barn but follows the tractor around a bit.

Weather came in late this afternoon and temps dropped a bit so I started a fire in the fireplace and tossed a polka dot fleece over myself after a hot shower. Red Dog cuddled up and wouldn't let Mrs S or Mrs S's Rat Dog near me or her. She'd fight a bear to protect me I think.

God Bless Cattle Dogs!

Attachment 103335

PS; 1911 in .45ACP, SW MP 9MM and 12 Gauge all within a few feet of us as well!
    Is that a lump or ar you happy to see me? queer....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links