Streaming Video of the White Settlement, TX, Church Shooting - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Streaming Video of the White Settlement, TX, Church Shooting

This is a discussion on Streaming Video of the White Settlement, TX, Church Shooting within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by Marica Hey Texans-- What's the law regarding carry in church in Texas? Do your CCW permits permit it in all churches, or ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Streaming Video of the White Settlement, TX, Church Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Marica View Post
    Hey Texans-- What's the law regarding carry in church in Texas? Do your CCW permits permit it in all churches, or only those whose pastor (or others) give it the okay? Asking b/c I think this church security is BS. Were these just regular parishioners who were carrying or did they have to be designated by someone at the church.

Can someone clear this up?
    It now appears the security guard was killed. If you watch the video closely, you can see someone who appears to be trying to draw from SOB or IWB.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Hey Texans-- What's the law regarding carry in church in Texas? Do your CCW permits permit it in all churches, or only those whose pastor (or others) give it the okay? Asking b/c I think this church security is BS. Were these just regular parishioners who were carrying or did they have to be designated by someone at the church.

I haven't been inside a church in 30 years but It's my understanding it is up to the priest and parishioners to decide on security. Some designate some parishioners to be trained and armed, some allow anyone with a license to carry. I think @Kauboy or @A Watchman may have more insight then I.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

https://dailysounder.com/firearms-in...church-gunman/

The hero speaks.

Also, according to PJMedia, Texas law was recently changed to allow CCW permit holders greater freedom in carrying in churches, etc.
    Prepared One likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

They were regular parishioners who volunteered to be security.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    If the MSM wants to do one thing right, they will agree to never mention the name of the scumbags who do chit like this. Take away the notoriety of being a mass-shooter, you take away some of their motivation.
    I understand what you mean but I want to know who he was, his background and if possible, the motive. His name isn’t important.
    Prepared One and A Watchman like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Here in Oklahoma, I went to my pastor and told him my wife an I carry everywhere. I told him, we will sit somewhere we can see the whole church and be inconspicuous. He told me thanks and let me know of the other 3 people doing the same thing.
    Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best
    Worry about the things you can control, Plan for the things you can't

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I haven't been inside a church in 30 years but It's my understanding it is up to the priest and parishioners to decide on security. Some designate some parishioners to be trained and armed, some allow anyone with a license to carry. I think @Kauboy or @A Watchman may have more insight then I.
    Hey Texans-- What's the law regarding carry in church in Texas? Do your CCW permits permit it in all churches or only those whose pastor (or others) give it the okay? Asking b/c I think this church security is BS. Were these just regular parishioners who were carrying or did they have to be designated by someone at the church.

There is no State law specifically governing open or concealed carry in Texas churches. Many pastors/deacons/elders welcome it and actively look for volunteers. Church's that hire police officers to maintain a presence on campus during services is becoming the norm, especially in larger churches.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    There is no State law specifically governing open or concealed carry in Texas churches. Many pastors/deacons/elders welcome it and actively look for volunteers. Church's that hire police officers to maintain a presence on campus during services is becoming the norm, especially in larger churches.
    I knew there was no law restricting concealed carry so I suspected that was the case. I know the big churches here in Houston have security and police officers. Smaller ones decide for themselves how they want to handle security
    A Watchman likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Lt Gov Dan Patrick relays the right to carry in churches was affirmed.

At a news conference Sunday night, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said the gunman was killed within six seconds of opening fire. Patrick, a Republican, praised the state's gun laws, including a measure enacted this year that affirmed the right of licensed handgun holders to carry a weapon in places of worship, unless the facility bans them.
    That law was passed in the aftermath of the deadliest mass shooting in Texas history, which was also at a church. In the 2017 massacre at First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, a man who opened fire on a Sunday morning congregation killed more than two dozen people. He later killed himself.
    Prepared One and MountainGirl like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

It's my understanding that Governor Abbott signed a measure into law earlier this year that allows firearms in churches. I was blown away that any state would have felt it was their place to dictate to churches whether or not firearms could be carried inside their walls.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links