My EDC - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My EDC

This is a discussion on My EDC within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; @Prepared One , as for a common load-out, I'm pretty much with your picture. However, I just never liked an IWB holster. I'm slim enough ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: My EDC

@Prepared One, as for a common load-out, I'm pretty much with your picture. However, I just never liked an IWB holster. I'm slim enough to wear an OWB holster and just cover it with shirttails. This time of year I also wear a denim jean vest, mostly for the wide, deep, inside pockets.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tourist View Post
    @Prepared One, as for a common load-out, I'm pretty much with your picture. However, I just never liked an IWB holster. I'm slim enough to wear an OWB holster and just cover it with shirttails. This time of year I also wear a denim jean vest, mostly for the wide, deep, inside pockets.
    I'll wear inside or out depending on what I am wearing and the weather. I wear inside more often then not however. I sometimes forget it's there I have done it so long.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I'll wear inside or out depending on what I am wearing and the weather. I wear inside more often then not however. I sometimes forget it's there I have done it so long.
    I agree. My issue is that I never want to forget to wear defensive tools. As I've often stated, the city of Madison is no longer that "happy, hippie college town." You can thank the easy-rider trash from Chicago making their way north for that. I will admit that I down-sized my choice in pistols. I started out lugging my 3-inch Kimber .45 ACP and realized that P238 was the handgun I would always carry daily.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

This is my typical load out, I usually have a “normal” chapstick instead of the goofy pink egg, but it is what I had.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My EDC-f5dfe6a2-d980-43d6-bf07-bc6831fbcdb5.jpeg  

Thinking about all this stuff to keep from thinking about something else, isn’t that what secret police are all about?

Quote Originally Posted by jim-henscheli View Post
    This is my typical load out, I usually have a “normal” chapstick instead of the goofy pink egg, but it is what I had.
    Well, if this is the stuff you actually use/need, I see no problem. Over time I have used most of the stuff, except for the lighter. What I strive to achieve is deciding realistically what I must have. For example, if I have ID, a credit card and some cash, at least one knife and a SW 640 and an HKS, I'm pretty good-to-go even to the mall.

There's a method to my madness. I think lots of guys pack implements assuming they are going to ensconce themselves and shoot it out. The more practical thing is to grab your wife, check your six and leave the area! I would only pull the trigger in this scenario if I had to stop or dissuade the guy making me run.

About one hour ago my wife and I left the mall. The only thing open was the cafe' where we bought coffee. As you can guess, the entire strata of mall rats also entered this business, and upon examination they were mostly high school kids. Given that, we finished our coffee, got the free refill, and drove leisurely home.

Sounds boring, doesn't it? Well, that's also part of being observant. How do you know what's out there if you don't make an honest and succinct visualization of your surroundings? What if some Milwaukee Cripps decided to knock over the only mall business that was open with a cash register full of new money? You wouldn't be able to make a realistic decision if you didn't open your eyes and look.

I like this mall, it's run by some very honest tradesmen that have become my friends. Social flotsam is going to happen. I also know that MPD make it a regular and in-depth check to ensure the place isn't robbed.

...I also know where the exits are located...

My edc is a 9mm, a buck knife, fire steel and a tin of laundry fluff.
    “What could I say to you that would be of value, except that perhaps you seek too much, that as a result of your seeking you cannot find.”
    ― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

I have some “extra” stuff that I carry for work. I probably don’t NEED three pairs of gloves and two knives, but I have to touch gross things multiple times a day Andy eyes suck so there is never enough light, so I carry gloves and an extra light. I carried a j frame forever, loved it, but I carry so much in my pockets now that I have to carry IWB, so an auto just made sense. The fixed blade is pure paranoia
    Thinking about all this stuff to keep from thinking about something else, isn’t that what secret police are all about?

Banned

My EDC-edc.jpg

Nothing special.
    Car Keys
    CRKT
    Wallet
    and a Glock 26 gen 5 with a spare magazine.
    Slippy likes this.

@Honkerhunteronhoth is that a crkt m16? Great knife. Also your handle is deep nerdery haha
    Honkerhunteronhoth likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jim-henscheli View Post
    @Honkerhunteronhoth is that a crkt m16? Great knife. Also your handle is deep nerdery haha
    Close! It is the M21-14DSFG. Great knife! You can field dress a deer or speed goat with it if you need to.
    To thine own self be true, might as well be a nerd!
    jim-henscheli and Elvis like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links