Body armor that is quick to put on (takes very little time)
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Body armor that is quick to put on (takes very little time) within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; If the armor takes too long to put on, it won't work. I tried a couple Kevlar vests and adjusted them appropriately, but I don't ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Body armor that is quick to put on (takes very little time)

If the armor takes too long to put on, it won't work. I tried a couple Kevlar vests and adjusted them appropriately, but I don't think that I would have time in many home invasion situations. Is there a decent vest that is quick to put on?

Body armor...... for home invasion?

Slippy likes this.
    Keep calm and try setting SCE to AUX.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Try this: https://www.ar500armor.com/ar500-arm...-lw-11x15.html

Cut the sleeves off a sweatshirt, . . . sew a pocket on the front to hold this plate, . . . hang it where you can get it.

Will stop up to and including 7.62 x 51, . . .

Price is not bad either.

If and when I decide to go up to steel plate, . . . this is THE one I'll get.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Armor4Real View Post
    If the armor takes too long to put on, it won't work. I tried a couple Kevlar vests and adjusted them appropriately, but I don't think that I would have time in many home invasion situations. Is there a decent vest that is quick to put on?
    You don’t sleep in your body armor pjs?

There is really no instant on Kevlar vest.

With just a shirt on my top, I can have my level II on in 15 seconds and adjusted in another 15.

Only one side needs adjustment, other side is preset.

Again with just a shirt, the level III on in less than 60 seconds.

Is that fast enough???

If you worried about getting it on in a home invasion, I suggest wearing it to bed, or armor plate bedroom door and wall.
    dwight55 likes this.

Line your house with ½" steel plates.... like those expecting the zombie apocalypse do. Make the entire structure armored.
    dwight55 and KUSA like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Line your house with ½" steel plates.... like those expecting the zombie apocalypse do. Make the entire structure armored.
    I heard that if you substituted diamond plate stainless, . . . with the diamonds on the outside, . . . it would also work as a whole house faraday cage.

Don't know if that is true, . . . may be an internet rumor, . . . but it'll stop most rounds from coming in as well.

Ma Barker, . . . and Bonnie & Clyde could have used that.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    I heard that if you substituted diamond plate stainless, . . . with the diamonds on the outside, . . . it would also work as a whole house faraday cage.

Don't know if that is true, . . . may be an internet rumor, . . . but it'll stop most rounds from coming in as well.

Ma Barker, . . . and Bonnie & Clyde could have used that.

May God bless,
    Dwight

Gold-pressed latinum works better. Plus, you'll get a few dilithium crystals in the process. Sell those to StarFleet and help fund the project. Win-win.
    dwight55 and spork like this.

I hear that star fleet shields work better than armor. The Borg have personal shields. You should be a Borg.

For quick don and doff, I'd go the minimalist route.
    AR500 Armor has an "Emergency Personal Carrier" that can be purchased as a front OR a back, and both can be affixed to one another.
    In a home invasion situation where armor would be needed, this presumes you are actively hunting the threat and always facing the unknown, with everything behind you already being cleared. So, a front panel is the only real need.
    For $50 and the cost of a single panel/plate of armor, you have a quick solution.
    https://www.ar500armor.com/plate-car...rrier-epc.html
    Armor Compatibility: 8" x 10", Standard 10” x 12”, 11" x 14", and 11" x 15" Body Armor in both soft and hard variants
    *Please Note: Level III+ Lightweight 11" x 15" Backpack hard armor DOES NOT FIT this carrier.
    Keep the neck strap set to the appropriate length such that when you put it on, the panel/plate covers all the way to the notch at the top of the sternum. Hopefully this means you won't need to adjust it to get it on or after it's on.
    Then there's only the waist buckle on your left side, and you're done. Even if you can't get that buckle secured, you still have coverage the moment the neck strap goes on.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links