Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Anyone who knows me knows that I love my firearms. When it comes to self-defense, there really isn't anything better. I wouldn't advise any preppers ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce

Anyone who knows me knows that I love my firearms. When it comes to self-defense, there really isn't anything better. I wouldn't advise any preppers to plan on not having them in SHTF. But there may be times when lethal force isn't advisable or required. In my group there would likely be people such as my very liberal sister in law and mom who would refuse to use firearms for their own stubborn reasons. There would also be young kids who wouldn't have any firearms experience and be too young to teach. Even if you stockpile lots and lots of bullets, during a long term TEOTWAKI situation bullets may eventually run out. There would also be the real prospect of gun confiscation in a long term civil conflict of any kind. For all these reasons, I think it makes sense to have some kind of nonlethal self-defense tech on hand.

Anyone who has used bear mace or pepper spray knows that they actually pose a threat to the user. In the wrong wind someone using spray could easily end up disabling their own vision and ability to fight back.

Water guns are cheap. You can get a decent one for ten bucks. Hot sauce in your eyes is just as disabling as pepper spray. It seems like stocking up on several restaurant sized bottles of hot sauce and enough water guns to arm a small army could be done for about a hundred bucks. Another great thing about hot sauce is that it is a renewable resource. The ghost pepper, one of the hottest peppers in the world, was developed by the Indian military to be used as a source of pepper spray. Peppers are easy to grow and produce prolifically. The capsaicin in the peppers acts as a natural preservative. Ghost pepper juice, due to it's incredibly high capsaicin content, will keep for the better part of a decade if stored properly. So as long as your water guns hold up, if you had a place to grow the peppers, you could have a renewable source of ammo and a lot of hot sauce, which will likely be a valuable trading commodity in SHTF. Nothing makes beans and rice taste better than some hot sauce.

It's likely that murder would remain a criminal offense even in a long term SHTF situation. The local governments would still do their best to prosecute and make examples of murderers. You can't ever get a murder or attempted murder charge for spraying someone with a water gun full of hot sauce. You could put a water gun in the hands of a small child and they would be way better off against attackers than if they remained unarmed.

Of course, in any kind of self-defense situation it is way preferable to have actual firearms at your disposal. But what about people who you don't trust enough to hand a firearm? In SHTF every person you give a firearm or bullets to could end up being a threat to you or your family. There could be someone with valuable skills, like a doctor, who you need in your group. You may encounter someone who you are moved to help for whatever reason. A water gun full of hot sauce would be a weapon you could put in their hands on day 1 and you could know that they could at least try to aid in defense if such a situation arose. Even if the government started confiscating guns, you could bet that they wouldn't be enacting water gun control.
    bigwheel likes this.

May not work well in below freezing temperatures. I am not arming anyone I do not trust with anything. They die, they die. You really need pepper spray for your mom and sister in law? In most imaginable SHTF situations if I have to use force, I have no intention of playing around.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

saw this stupid crap on DoomsDay Preppers - next to throwing bottles of vodka for a weapon it was dumb as hell ....

if I had no intention of killing anyone - got squirted by some dumbazz - you'd be dead and it wouldn't even have to be SHTF time ....
    Slippy and Jayhawker like this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

OK now Jayhawker,

You just messin' with us!?!?

I've written and said some pretty stupid crap but for real? Not a good idea.

Thanks for listening,

Slippy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Anyone who knows me knows that I love my firearms. When it comes to self-defense, there really isn't anything better. I wouldn't advise any preppers to plan on not having them in SHTF. But there may be times when lethal force isn't advisable or required. In my group there would likely be people such as my very liberal sister in law and mom who would refuse to use firearms for their own stubborn reasons. There would also be young kids who wouldn't have any firearms experience and be too young to teach. Even if you stockpile lots and lots of bullets, during a long term TEOTWAKI situation bullets may eventually run out. There would also be the real prospect of gun confiscation in a long term civil conflict of any kind. For all these reasons, I think it makes sense to have some kind of nonlethal self-defense tech on hand.

Anyone who has used bear mace or pepper spray knows that they actually pose a threat to the user. In the wrong wind someone using spray could easily end up disabling their own vision and ability to fight back.

Water guns are cheap. You can get a decent one for ten bucks. Hot sauce in your eyes is just as disabling as pepper spray. It seems like stocking up on several restaurant sized bottles of hot sauce and enough water guns to arm a small army could be done for about a hundred bucks. Another great thing about hot sauce is that it is a renewable resource. The ghost pepper, one of the hottest peppers in the world, was developed by the Indian military to be used as a source of pepper spray. Peppers are easy to grow and produce prolifically. The capsaicin in the peppers acts as a natural preservative. Ghost pepper juice, due to it's incredibly high capsaicin content, will keep for the better part of a decade if stored properly. So as long as your water guns hold up, if you had a place to grow the peppers, you could have a renewable source of ammo and a lot of hot sauce, which will likely be a valuable trading commodity in SHTF. Nothing makes beans and rice taste better than some hot sauce.

It's likely that murder would remain a criminal offense even in a long term SHTF situation. The local governments would still do their best to prosecute and make examples of murderers. You can't ever get a murder or attempted murder charge for spraying someone with a water gun full of hot sauce. You could put a water gun in the hands of a small child and they would be way better off against attackers than if they remained unarmed.

Of course, in any kind of self-defense situation it is way preferable to have actual firearms at your disposal. But what about people who you don't trust enough to hand a firearm? In SHTF every person you give a firearm or bullets to could end up being a threat to you or your family. There could be someone with valuable skills, like a doctor, who you need in your group. You may encounter someone who you are moved to help for whatever reason. A water gun full of hot sauce would be a weapon you could put in their hands on day 1 and you could know that they could at least try to aid in defense if such a situation arose. Even if the government started confiscating guns, you could bet that they wouldn't be enacting water gun control.

Super Moderator

I wonder if a capsaicin/water mix would work or would it clog the gun.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Well I can't say I'm surprised at the general reaction. LOL. I haven't seen that particular doomsday prepper episode. Obviously real guns are preferable, but I honestly do think this idea has some merit. You need a backup plan for your backup plan. If this was someone's primary plan I would laugh, but it's a backup plan. This post is not a troll. I really think it isn't a horrible idea to have some water guns and hot sauce around. Even if not for defense, hot sauce will be highly sought after during any long term food shortages. So if you've got a bunch of hot sauce anyway, why not have some water guns? That being said, I of course expected a bit of heehawing at this.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I wonder if a capsaicin/water mix would work or would it clog the gun.
    Anyone who is contemplating filling a squirt gun with hot sauce and wondering if it will clog the gun....know this...that there is someone who is not giving a second thought that his 12 gauge shottie will clog or not....
    Jayhawker, Michael_Js and SGG like this.

Super Moderator

That wasn’t the question. Jerk.
    Play along, for once in your cranky life.
    Another thought - all my squirt guns leaked. I don’t think I’d want it in my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Anyone who is contemplating filling a squirt gun with hot sauce and wondering if it will clog the gun....know this...that there is someone who is not giving a second thought that his 12 gauge shottie will clog or not....
    Slippy likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    That wasn’t the question. Jerk.
    Play along, for once in your cranky life.
    Another thought - all my squirt guns leaked. I don’t think I’d want it in my pocket.
    At our age, a leaky squirt "gun" in our pocket is...oh nevermind...

Super Moderator

I'm not going to poo poo the idea but I will say it would be my last resort.

As for the kids, I could already see them squirting each other. Then you have a bunch of crying kids to beat...uh I mean, deal with.

If you're going to store hot sauce just be advised it does deteriorate over time. So you may load a water gun with hot sauce thinking it'll by you some time and really you're just hitting a bad guy in the eye with red water.
    Deebo likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links