Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce

This is a discussion on Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; @ Krystof Like you I try to think "outside the box" and look for other alternatives but as "preppers" we generally prepare for a time ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce

@Krystof
    Like you I try to think "outside the box" and look for other alternatives but as "preppers" we generally prepare for a time without hospitals and the ability to call the police. Chasing a bad guy away with pepper spray may work for a few hours which is ok if you can immediately have the police show up and arrest the guy but most people here prepare in case the police are unable to show up and we must provide our own long term defense against dangerous looters.

As preppers many of us keep a bit of extra food, something likely to attract desperate people if food becomes scarce.

Don't bring pepper spray to a gun fight; you'll never get close enough to use your pepper spray.
    Last edited by Elvis; 11-06-2020 at 07:18 PM.
    stevekozak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Anyone who knows me knows that I love my firearms. When it comes to self-defense, there really isn't anything better. I wouldn't advise any preppers to plan on not having them in SHTF. But there may be times when lethal force isn't advisable or required. In my group there would likely be people such as my very liberal sister in law and mom who would refuse to use firearms for their own stubborn reasons. There would also be young kids who wouldn't have any firearms experience and be too young to teach. Even if you stockpile lots and lots of bullets, during a long term TEOTWAKI situation bullets may eventually run out. There would also be the real prospect of gun confiscation in a long term civil conflict of any kind. For all these reasons, I think it makes sense to have some kind of nonlethal self-defense tech on hand.

Anyone who has used bear mace or pepper spray knows that they actually pose a threat to the user. In the wrong wind someone using spray could easily end up disabling their own vision and ability to fight back.

Water guns are cheap. You can get a decent one for ten bucks. Hot sauce in your eyes is just as disabling as pepper spray. It seems like stocking up on several restaurant sized bottles of hot sauce and enough water guns to arm a small army could be done for about a hundred bucks. Another great thing about hot sauce is that it is a renewable resource. The ghost pepper, one of the hottest peppers in the world, was developed by the Indian military to be used as a source of pepper spray. Peppers are easy to grow and produce prolifically. The capsaicin in the peppers acts as a natural preservative. Ghost pepper juice, due to it's incredibly high capsaicin content, will keep for the better part of a decade if stored properly. So as long as your water guns hold up, if you had a place to grow the peppers, you could have a renewable source of ammo and a lot of hot sauce, which will likely be a valuable trading commodity in SHTF. Nothing makes beans and rice taste better than some hot sauce.

It's likely that murder would remain a criminal offense even in a long term SHTF situation. The local governments would still do their best to prosecute and make examples of murderers. You can't ever get a murder or attempted murder charge for spraying someone with a water gun full of hot sauce. You could put a water gun in the hands of a small child and they would be way better off against attackers than if they remained unarmed.

Of course, in any kind of self-defense situation it is way preferable to have actual firearms at your disposal. But what about people who you don't trust enough to hand a firearm? In SHTF every person you give a firearm or bullets to could end up being a threat to you or your family. There could be someone with valuable skills, like a doctor, who you need in your group. You may encounter someone who you are moved to help for whatever reason. A water gun full of hot sauce would be a weapon you could put in their hands on day 1 and you could know that they could at least try to aid in defense if such a situation arose. Even if the government started confiscating guns, you could bet that they wouldn't be enacting water gun control.
    Interesting topic. I was pretty well trained on continuum of force escalating violence and anything short of lethal that gets the job done works for me. The mailmen carried water pistols full of ammonia back when I was a kid so it not a new idea. Most crappy water guns leak so be careful..also tiny flecks of caynenne pepper can plug up a tight conduit quick. Learned that when I added red pepper to my nasal spray. Two quirts was it. Would venture to point out a big difference in Mace and pepper spray..other than the ingredients. Mace comes out as an aerosol and can get on everybody. Pepper spray comes out as a pencil thin ballisic stream. Stays pretty much where it lands. Recall when they first stated passing out pepper spray..aka Oleo-resin Capsicum to the cops around DFW early to mid 90s. Guys at Hurst got it before us and said.."We aint had to fight anybody since they gave us that stuff." We got it shortly after. Never did squirt a human with it but it dont work worth a caca on dogs.
    Elvis likes this.

I think the hot sauce should be saved for when all the food runs out. It would make the democrats taste much better.
    Denton, SOCOM42 and bigwheel like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Anyone who has used bear mace or pepper spray knows that they actually pose a threat to the user. In the wrong wind someone using spray could easily end up disabling their own vision and ability to fight back...
    Water guns are cheap. You can get a decent one for ten bucks. Hot sauce in your eyes is just as disabling as pepper spray.

Yeah, a solid jet of liquid can be aimed with precision and has a longer range than a spray, and the liquid can be anything that makes somebody's eyes water bad.
    Many years ago I filled a water pistol with watered-down vinegar to snipe the cheeky kids next door from my snipers nest in bushes and they ran off rubbing their eyes.
    I still feel a bit guilty about doing it, but at least I never used full-strength vinegar..

(PS- and I suppose vinegar would also be good at breaking the hold of a pitbull on our leg)
    bigwheel likes this.

I’m usually a nice guy but if provoked I quickly turn into the
    “Glock Nest Monster “.

TMH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    bigwheel and Eyeball like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TenMileHunter View Post
    I’m usually a nice guy but if provoked I quickly turn into the
    “Glock Nest Monster “.
    TMH

Yeah a man's gotta do..
    In 'Panic in Year Zero' (1962) Ray Milland shows us how to do it when nuclear war hits the fan, turning from a mild-mannered family man into a born survivor.
    Dunno if it's on youtube any more apart from a few clips like this one-

StratMaster and TenMileHunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    Yeah a man's gotta do..
    In 'Panic in Year Zero' (1962) Ray Milland shows us how to do it when nuclear war hits the fan, turning from a mild-mannered family man into a born survivor.
    Dunno if it's on youtube any more apart from a few clips like this one-

Great old movie. Demonstrates how panicked people will struggle and fight for resources if they are unprepared.
    stevekozak and TenMileHunter like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Here's another great piece of advice for a SHTF situation-

TenMileHunter and StratMaster like this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links