Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce

This is a discussion on Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; A squirt gun as a back up??? Nawww, I think if I run out of 5.56 I will switch to 308 or 9mm or 45 ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Water Guns Full of Hot Sauce

A squirt gun as a back up??? Nawww, I think if I run out of 5.56 I will switch to 308 or 9mm or 45 or 12 gauge.................
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    Anyone who knows me knows that I love my firearms. When it comes to self-defense, there really isn't anything better. I wouldn't advise any preppers to plan on not having them in SHTF. But there may be times when lethal force isn't advisable or required. In my group there would likely be people such as my very liberal sister in law and mom who would refuse to use firearms for their own stubborn reasons. There would also be young kids who wouldn't have any firearms experience and be too young to teach. Even if you stockpile lots and lots of bullets, during a long term TEOTWAKI situation bullets may eventually run out. There would also be the real prospect of gun confiscation in a long term civil conflict of any kind. For all these reasons, I think it makes sense to have some kind of nonlethal self-defense tech on hand.

Anyone who has used bear mace or pepper spray knows that they actually pose a threat to the user. In the wrong wind someone using spray could easily end up disabling their own vision and ability to fight back.

Water guns are cheap. You can get a decent one for ten bucks. Hot sauce in your eyes is just as disabling as pepper spray. It seems like stocking up on several restaurant sized bottles of hot sauce and enough water guns to arm a small army could be done for about a hundred bucks. Another great thing about hot sauce is that it is a renewable resource. The ghost pepper, one of the hottest peppers in the world, was developed by the Indian military to be used as a source of pepper spray. Peppers are easy to grow and produce prolifically. The capsaicin in the peppers acts as a natural preservative. Ghost pepper juice, due to it's incredibly high capsaicin content, will keep for the better part of a decade if stored properly. So as long as your water guns hold up, if you had a place to grow the peppers, you could have a renewable source of ammo and a lot of hot sauce, which will likely be a valuable trading commodity in SHTF. Nothing makes beans and rice taste better than some hot sauce.

It's likely that murder would remain a criminal offense even in a long term SHTF situation. The local governments would still do their best to prosecute and make examples of murderers. You can't ever get a murder or attempted murder charge for spraying someone with a water gun full of hot sauce. You could put a water gun in the hands of a small child and they would be way better off against attackers than if they remained unarmed.

Of course, in any kind of self-defense situation it is way preferable to have actual firearms at your disposal. But what about people who you don't trust enough to hand a firearm? In SHTF every person you give a firearm or bullets to could end up being a threat to you or your family. There could be someone with valuable skills, like a doctor, who you need in your group. You may encounter someone who you are moved to help for whatever reason. A water gun full of hot sauce would be a weapon you could put in their hands on day 1 and you could know that they could at least try to aid in defense if such a situation arose. Even if the government started confiscating guns, you could bet that they wouldn't be enacting water gun control.
    Good plan on the water pistol full of hotsauce. Straight ammonia also works well. The mailmen used to carry it back when I was a kid to fend off mean dogs. Now having clowned around with modern oleo resin capsicum pepper spray quite a bit it tends to come out in what is called a ballistic narow pencil stream..meanng its not bad about getting onto the wrong target. Now back in the old days we had some crap called Mace which was a tear gas derivative I think. It came out in a wide aresol spray which got on everybody involved. Fortuantely it wasnt very incapacitating.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mace_(spray)
    Last edited by bigwheel; 01-08-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    Slippy likes this.

Super Moderator

If you don't have any water guns laying around, use your imagination...Rubber bands dipped in hot sauce could do the trick, or how about hot sauce "water balloons"? Hot sauce tennis balls is another possible option.

Sorry, Jayhawker, just funning you. Couldn't help it!
    “Our business is to gain heaven. Everything else is a sheer waste of time.”
    -St. Vincent DePaul

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We used to fill these to 150psi and soapy water, then blow shitting feral cats off our porch.

Might be unwieldy but you could certainly deliver a blast of pepper spray.

But would not be my first choice.....
    Slippy and bigwheel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    If you don't have any water guns laying around, use your imagination...Rubber bands dipped in hot sauce could do the trick, or how about hot sauce "water balloons"? Hot sauce tennis balls is another possible option.

Sorry, Jayhawker, just funning you. Couldn't help it!
    Ah ha!!! I told ya you were one of the guys!
    bigwheel likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

I tried driving squirrels out of the attic of the man cave with Tennis Balls soaked in ammonia just like the cute dog catcher lady said to do. They are still up there having hootenannies.
    Annie likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Ah ha!!! I told ya you were one of the guys!
    Please. I'm your little sister. That's all.
    bigwheel and A Watchman like this.
    -St. Vincent DePaul

I guess I'm the outlying boogyman here. For whatever reason, coons come from miles around to crap on OUR roof... so much that it has to be regularly SHOVELED off, and the gutters clogged with coon poop as well. I see a coon on the roof, I don't squirt, spray, shout, or toss a balloon. They get jacklighted with a .22 rifle.
    bigwheel, Annie and stevekozak like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    I guess I'm the outlying boogyman here. For whatever reason, coons come from miles around to crap on OUR roof... so much that it has to be regularly SHOVELED off, and the gutters clogged with coon poop as well. I see a coon on the roof, I don't squirt, spray, shout, or toss a balloon. They get jacklighted with a .22 rifle.
    What is it about your roof that attracts them? I can understand them liking your garbage cans, but the roof? That's odd....I've been told they like shiny things. They also like to wash their food. Here's a cute clip of a racoon trying to wash off cotton candy,

StratMaster and A Watchman like this.
    -St. Vincent DePaul

Most States would consider that a weapon. And treat it as any other pepper spray device . Get caught with it use it and not being in compliance with the law could get messy.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links