What is your Holster of choice?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What is your Holster of choice? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Trying to determine whats best for my Glock 23/Gen4 in terms of comfortable positions, concealment, ease of taking it off, safety and such. I normally ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What is your Holster of choice?

Trying to determine whats best for my Glock 23/Gen4 in terms of comfortable positions, concealment, ease of taking it off, safety and such. I normally don't wear a belt, but looks like I'll start having to do so. Also I wear all shirts outside my pants. I want to get a good one, but don't want to drop 50-100 bucks on something that I don't like and many of my friends don't carry, so I cannot "test" theirs. What works for you, what do you like/dislike about a particular holster that you have tried/used?

miami classic for winter and cotton leather for edc

I prefer a wallet holster for my everyday concealed carry. Here is one that I like:
    "What Goes Around Comes Around...I Just Make Get There Faster"

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kyletx1911a1 View Post
    miami classic for winter and cotton leather for edc
    The issue with the Galco Miami Classic Horizontal Shoulder Holster,besides the $160ish price, is that the muzzle of the Glock would be pointed at whoever is behind you. And we all know how Glocks just discharge all by themselves. When you do draw the gun, you have to be careful not to shoot yourself in the artery, or sweep innocents. I do like mine for driving in a car though.

I have homemade kydex, Tagua leather quick draw open top belt holster, . I use a Uncle Mikes IWB holster that's $15 , it's comfy, but difficult to reholster and the trigger isn't real protected in the flimsy fabric.

You'll probably wind up with a drawer full of holsters you don't use until you find a good one.

Raven concealment and Crown Holsters make qualtily kydex

i have the galco for my beretta fs92 9m. for my m&p 9 i went with a cheap assed uncle mikes as as i can put that on my left. i also went galco for my sr22 ruger. for my M&p 40 got uncle mikes as well. and my walther ppks is something custom that came with it. i am also going galco for the springfield milspec 1911 45. but that that point im running out of spots on my belt and have slings for my rifles. even the ruger 10/22.

RIP Johnny

I carry a Glock 23 on duty and use a Blackhawk Serpa , also have a similar type made by Taurus that came with my 1911. It's comfortable,safe, and easy to draw from.
    Meangreen likes this.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    I carry my pistols (mostly my 92FS these days) in a variety of holsters. I prefer and find an open top 2 slot the most comfortable to wear throughout a day and fast to draw from. But even wearing the belt through the loops around the outside of the holster which pulls it in tighter it still prints on all but the loosest shirts of heavy material. So I wear IWB's most of the time and a Blackhawk black leather IWB with open top most. It pulls the pistol in tighter and sits lower so the print is much less. Not as comfortable to wear all day, but it has to be. In winter/fall when I can wear a coat no matter how light over my cover shirt, thanit's the OWB 2 slot every time. It's hard to find a good open top 2 slot for a 92FS/M9,(I'm also a lefty) but the one I got from Tagua leather is great and was a great price for top quality also.

</title> <meta charset="utf-8"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1"> <meta property="og:image" content="http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/img/tagua.png"/> <title>TAGUA GUN LEATHER

RIP Johnny

I'm also partial to Gould and Goodrich holsters

I have a Blackhawk Serpa for owb and Galco summer comfort for iwb.

Asking what my holster of choice is kind of like asking what kind of clothes I like best. It depends on the occasion.
    LunaticFringeInc likes this.
    “Every person's life is theirs by right. An individuals life can and must only belong to himself, no to any society or community, or he is then but a slave."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links