What is your Holster of choice? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What is your Holster of choice?

This is a discussion on What is your Holster of choice? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I use a Serpa for my XD and a Crossbreed IWB for my Taurus 24/7 OSS. I also ordered this for my XD. https://www.kholster.com/products.ph...kable+Holsters...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What is your Holster of choice?

I use a Serpa for my XD and a Crossbreed IWB for my Taurus 24/7 OSS. I also ordered this for my XD. https://www.kholster.com/products.ph...kable+Holsters
    Last edited by sargedog; 12-10-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNightPrepper View Post
    In case any LEO's are curious, I do have a permit.

Galco (nylon) ankle for Beretta Tomcat,

Serpa for Glock30+FN5.7 retention isn't for everyone but I like to ride motorcycles. Someone hits you on purpose it's great to know when they turn around to run you over again they won't be shooting you with your own gun.

Galco Paddle IWB, for Para P-1045,
    Anytime you get a IWB holster it's important to make sure it fits in your pants (unless you wear BDU's all the time like me (adjustable waist).. I use to wear small of back on motorcycle until someone punched me there, while after that got a pickup which horribly uncomfortable.

Love cross-draw while driving for my Taurus Judge..

It's always nice to have options.

I also have a triangle shaped pack from 5.11 that has a detachable waistpack, which let's me put a full size .45 in the waistpack and a AR-pistol on my back.

Comfort matters a lot, after that retention is super important, I find it easier to defend a gun grab with a high-ride holster but that's personal preference. I hate shoulder Holsters, but that's preference to lol.
    I would guess that like myself most of the LEO's here dont think permits are something the constitution requires.

Super Moderator

I would like to think most LEOs here do not care, as there are no statutes requiring a carry while posting permit.

Sorry, I think I over caffeinated, this morning!
    sargedog likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

OWB: Blackhawk Serpa (Springfield XD-40, 1911)
    CC: Remora (Sig P238, Springfield XD-40, 1911) <--99.9% of the time)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    -- The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security --
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

I carry my SR40 in a Crossbreed supertuck and from time to time I shoulder carry the .357 in a Barsony. I carry a P345 Ruger in a Blackhawk IWB.
    Denton likes this.

Another loaded question. Depending on how I am carrying and what .My DeSantis (brown)What is your Holster of choice?-desantis2medium.jpgWhat is your Holster of choice?-lc9-320x200-.jpgUS made IWB tuck is outstanding and the long the weapons in it the better it forms to it Low cost effective .I will as make a plug for a man in TN that makes the for you . Price is on par with others his work is top of the line and they are molded holsters The black one is one of a few I have it is an IWB tuck you can swap it from a clip to a loop type retainer depending on your needs. His gun belts are the best you pay but they are what you need and last a life time. He will also refit them for you free if you lose weight.
    Gun Holsters
    And then there is the Kangaroo carry I use this with my SR9C it has it's place some women like it rather than the Bra carry.
    Kangaroo Carry
    Last edited by Smitty901; 12-10-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Another loaded question. Depending on how I am carrying and what .My DeSantis (brown)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desantis2Medium.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LC9 [320x200].JPG 
Views:	483 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	894US made IWB tuck is outstanding and the long the weapons in it the better it forms to it Low cost effective .I will as make a plug for a man in TN that makes the for you . Price is on par with others his work is top of the line and they are molded holsters The black one is one of a few I have it is an IWB tuck you can swap it from a clip to a loop type retainer depending on your needs. His gun belts are the best you pay but they are what you need and last a life time. He will also refit them for you free if you lose weight.
    Gun Holsters
    And then there is the Kangaroo carry I use this with my SR9C it has it's place some women like it rather than the Bra carry.
    Kangaroo Carry
    Great links, Smitty. I've been shopping for an OWB.

Sr40ken same companys make great out of waist band also. With CC I have pretty much gone all tuck there are just so many out there I never did like the Nylon ones no madder what they callit have tried them . They are all in the bad idea box.
    Except one from Uncle Mikes I use for a 6 inch barrel 357 OWB open carry on rare occasions
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

King Holsters for $25.00
    What is your Holster of choice?-leatherbeltholstermed.png
    KingHolster.com

Perfect? No.
    But for $20 to $25? Well worth the money. Even if all you do is learn how to carry and then upgrade this is the holster to start with.
    I bought mine two years ago and it is my every day carry holster IWB over my right butt cheek.
    KG7NDC

The only thing that separates man from animal is our affinity for toilet paper.
    Once we as a society lose that affinity we begin to descend back into the animal kingdom, and after three or more days you will find the food chain beginning to invert on itself.

Serpa for open carry, Crossbreed Supertuck for concealed. Both carry my PT24/7 Compact. Love 'em both; they're very comfortable to me.
    I believe in gun control - a good shooter's grip should be taught at a young age.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links