What is your Holster of choice? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

What is your Holster of choice?

This is a discussion on What is your Holster of choice? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I have leaf gear in my bag and in my truck. Quick change and doesn't add a bunch of heat to ya. Solves the problem ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What is your Holster of choice?

I have leaf gear in my bag and in my truck. Quick change and doesn't add a bunch of heat to ya. Solves the problem real easy.
    Fuzzee likes this.
    “Every person's life is theirs by right. An individuals life can and must only belong to himself, no to any society or community, or he is then but a slave."

Blackhawk SERPA for vests, chest rigs and war/duty/gun belts.

Safariland Level III drop legs.

Concealed is Blackhawk Italian leather with built-in spare mag holder.

For basic pistol holsters, for semi-autos I use Blackhawk ballistic nylon with attached mag holder, or Uncle Mikes Sidekicks. I don't wear those -- they just protect the guns from moments of being only human and dropping them on hard surfaces.

Holsters and carry options depend on the season as well as location. When I lived in AZ I was pretty limited in the size of gun I could comfortably conceal. Now that I live in VA I have a lot more options.

But I have to agree with Lattice!

Quote Originally Posted by Lattice View Post
    Asking what my holster of choice is kind of like asking what kind of clothes I like best. It depends on the occasion.
    Lattice likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I use SERPA holsters for tactical style rigs (drop legs, vests, paddle, etc). Safariland would be nice, but very pricey. Might pick one up when I upgrade to a better 1911, but until then, it's SERPA.

For concealed carry, I use either a sholder holster and a jacket, or a IWB holster at the 4 o'clock position. I currently have a Galco King Tuk for my 1911, and a Front Line IWB holster for my Jericho 941/Baby Eagle.

I realized I never answered the original question......my leather of choice is Mitch Rosen (Express Line), I've had his leather for years and it wears really well.

Summertime in AZ I would carry a Ruger LCP in a cheap Uncle Mikes pocket holster, cause it's hot as hell. I really like my S&W 442 in an Galco ankle holster when it's jeans and a t-shirt. When it really cools off I can carry however I want.

Quote Originally Posted by midtnfamilyguy View Post
    I carry a Glock 23 on duty and use a Blackhawk Serpa , also have a similar type made by Taurus that came with my 1911. It's comfortable,safe, and easy to draw from.
    Blackhawk Serpa III is the best holster made in the last thirty years! Same with the off duty Serpa.

Super Moderator

Paddle holster for the MilPro or pocket holster for the TCP 738.

Going to splurge for some nice leather holsters this coming year, assuming there is a this coming year.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

What is your Holster of choice?

In case any LEO's are curious, I do have a permit.

Galco (nylon) ankle for Beretta Tomcat,

Serpa for Glock30+FN5.7 retention isn't for everyone but I like to ride motorcycles. Someone hits you on purpose it's great to know when they turn around to run you over again they won't be shooting you with your own gun.

Galco Paddle IWB, for Para P-1045,
    Anytime you get a IWB holster it's important to make sure it fits in your pants (unless you wear BDU's all the time like me (adjustable waist).. I use to wear small of back on motorcycle until someone punched me there, while after that got a pickup which horribly uncomfortable.

Love cross-draw while driving for my Taurus Judge..

It's always nice to have options.

I also have a triangle shaped pack from 5.11 that has a detachable waistpack, which let's me put a full size .45 in the waistpack and a AR-pistol on my back.

Comfort matters a lot, after that retention is super important, I find it easier to defend a gun grab with a high-ride holster but that's personal preference. I hate shoulder Holsters, but that's preference to lol.
    Typos courtesy of "Auto-Correct" software.

How 'bout a belly band or smart carry rig? No belt needed..comfort is questionable
    Freedom Fighter
    Guns kill people like pencils make mistakes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links