An oar to the head
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

An oar to the head

This is a discussion on An oar to the head within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I'm having issues with my neighbors dog. To be blunt, the dog is an untrained asshole. When he gets out, which is about once a ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: An oar to the head

An oar to the head

I'm having issues with my neighbors dog. To be blunt, the dog is an untrained asshole. When he gets out, which is about once a month, he runs over to my property. He takes an aggressive stance, teeth baring, and hackles raised. Most of the time he runs off when called by his owner before I can take defensive action.

So far we've been lucky that he hasn't bitten me, the wife, or my dogs. The sheriff won't do anything unless he actually bites someone.

Today was the last straw as my wife and I were washing the boat after an outing. I was climbing down the stern ladder when I saw a black flash out the corner of my eye. I yelled to the wife to be on guard and grabbed the only thing close, an oar.

The bastard tried to jump up on the ladder and bite. He took an oar to the side of the head. He yelped and backed off. I jumped down to a more stable fighting platform. He lunged again. Again he took an oar to the side of the head. A small whimper and he was knocked out. I checked and he was still breathing.

While the wife was calling 911 the neighbor came out screaming and hollering. "What did you do" she screamed over and over.

I told her to stay off my property until the sheriff handled the matter. She wouldn't listen. She wanted her dog...her baby. The dog was slowly coming to, but quite groggy.

I didn't realize that my wife had armed herself and reasserted to the neighbor to stay off our property. She complied but only after threatening us with a lawsuit.

The sheriff arrives and after reviewing my video surveillance determines that the dog is dangerous and is immediately quarantined for 21 days. The neighbor didn't realize that I have video proof of every encounter with her dog.

While I am an affirmed dog lover and have a few myself, I will not tolerate an aggressive dog.

Moral of the story: always keep an oar within arms reach.
    The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to
    time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thanks for the info... I also like dogs but agree with you
    shotlady likes this.

I broke an oar on a neighbors Pit. It knocked him groggy.
    The B**ch Pit didn't like that and almost got impaled with the broken handle part.
    I now carry everywhere,even just to the barn or mailbox.
    shotlady likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

I had a pitbull come after me once when I was an animal control officer nearly 25 years ago, and all I had was a pine club (old police baton). I squared off and when that thing jumped, I hit it square on top of the melon with everything I had. I knocked it straight to the ground, it sat back dazed and confused for a second, blinking its eyes and seeing stars I'm sure. One of the guys I worked with showed up about the same time and when he opened his door, that dog took off, jumped over top of him, landed in the passenger seat and rode there all the way back to the shelter.
    BagLady, Jeep and shotlady like this.

Thank God you and your wife are okay. Hopefully it learned its lesson. I doubt your neighbor did though.
    shotlady likes this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Lucky it came after you instead of some helpless person. Could of turned out bad. I imagine packs of dogs like this roaming after shtf.
    TG, AquaHull and shotlady like this.

Long over due. Your neighbor is an idiot. She has a legal responsibility to control her animal at all times. You would have been well with in your rights to have shot the damn thing. I love dogs but this is not a reasonable situation. If she will not control it or tie it, shoot it if it attacks. That video was the best thing ever plus she is now in the police report as being the aggressor who is in the wrong. May not be a bad idea to consider having an attorney of your own send her an letter stating that she will be sued and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law if her, husband or dog trespass, threaten or caused bodily harm or property damage. That should end this BS.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by PrepperDogs View Post
    ...While the wife was calling 911 the neighbor came out screaming and hollering. "What did you do" she screamed over and over.

I told her to stay off my property until the sheriff handled the matter. She wouldn't listen. She wanted her dog...her baby. The dog was slowly coming to, but quite groggy...
    My reply would have been a sincere "What the Hell I wish I never had to do and wouldn't have if you took better care of 'your baby' ... asshole!"

I've said it again and again, people are stupid and their dogs pay the price.
    BagLady, shotlady and Ripley like this.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with pit bulls, it's the assholes that own them...
    shotlady likes this.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Can you show me your oar technique? My neighbor's boys are such damn....
    shotlady likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links