An oar to the head - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

An oar to the head

This is a discussion on An oar to the head within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I would also talk to your lawyer and serve them with a notice that if their dog ever comes on your property or threatens your ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: An oar to the head

I would also talk to your lawyer and serve them with a notice that if their dog ever comes on your property or threatens your family again they will be on the receiving end of a lawsuit. Might make them think twice about trying to sue you over their bullshit, if they decide to sue anyway make sure to counter sue. I think you would walk out of court the victor with video evidence of multiple encounters.
    shotlady likes this.

Hope it all ends well for you.

We have a contemptuous little poodle across the street. When ever it is out and I come home, the little furball actually runs into my yard and up my front steps to attack before I get to the door. I have kicked it back down the steps before. I almost cleared leather last time and the neighbor lady did have a cow, came running over screaming "No don't, I'll get him"! I told her the dog has no business charging us in our own yard and if it actually bites one of my grandchildren, it's a goner.
    shotlady likes this.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

Pepper spray??

I'd back off with all the lawsuit crap. That's what is turning our country into a bunch of sue happy idiots. I'll sue, is that really the answer?? You still have to live next to these people. Starting up an expensive lawsuit over a dog really?? It may just turn into a bigger problem than you anticipated.

Hopefully they got the hint that precious is a wacko aggressive dog. You have your video and a paper trail from the cops. Next time your attacked it will be in your rights to defend yourself. Bang flop... End of problem. Keep the camera rolling.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    Lucky it came after you instead of some helpless person. Could of turned out bad. I imagine packs of dogs like this roaming after shtf.
    The dogs have been roaming "The Motor City" since the SHTF there in the mid '80's
    shotlady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepperDogs View Post
    .......The sheriff won't do anything unless he actually bites someone.......The sheriff arrives and after reviewing my video surveillance determines that the dog is dangerous........I have video proof of every encounter with her dog.
    I would argue that the problem is more with your County Sheriff.

If the dog is vicious and bites I would shoot it. If you are on your own property or on a public sidewalk/roadway I think that is perfectly defensible. I would have no compunction about using a live trap or a Ketch Pole if he is on my property and turning him over to the local Animal Control shelter. If he does bite someone most state laws prescribe a 10 day observation period at the owners expense at the certified shelter/kennel of their choice. The owner will also be cited for allowing a vicious dog to roam at large in a bite situation. I have two dogs and love them. The pit bull is a sweet dog but afraid and unpredictable until he gets to know you. The lab is allowed to go out from time to time. He's as gentle as they come.
    shotlady likes this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Is the oar still useable?
    I kid, I'm glad you and the wife are ok.
    If anything was attacking my wife, I would be onit. A bear, a dog, anything.
    Lesson learned, video system saves huge headache.
    Denton and shotlady like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

I'd dig a hole in the front yard and put a wooden cross on it with the name of the neighbors dog on it. When the neighbor comes over to complain, I'd whack her on the head with the oar to get her attention. Not really, but I can't say what I would really do. Sorry for your inconvenience and do not hesitate to kill that dog if it is too aggressive.
    Jeep and shotlady like this.

I love dogs but I don't blame you for defending yourself.Its not the dogs fault it was not trained well.some people should not have pets.
    TG, shotlady and Hemi45 like this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

my little brother was mauled pretty bad by a pitbull when we were at the park when we were little. had a couple of surgeries to fix him up right. its not the dogs, its the owner. just like bad assed little kids. its not so much them, its their parents fault.

sorry you were put in a position to hurt an animal because of the owner. she could use an oar to the head too for putting you and her pup in that position.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links