Let's talk slings (AGAIN)
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Let's talk slings (AGAIN) within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Looking for a single point sling for my evil black rifle (that I may or may not have). Bought a 2 point sling on Amazon ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Let's talk slings (AGAIN)

Super Moderator

Looking for a single point sling for my evil black rifle (that I may or may not have).

Bought a 2 point sling on Amazon and it wasn't what I was looking for (I'll use it on another gun). It was cheap so I got what I paid for. Decided I wanted to go with a single point with some type of quick release.

Looking to spend $30-45. Any suggestions welcome.

Appreciate the help.
    StratMaster likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I have a couple of magpul quick connect gen 4 slings that work ok. I have not found the perfect sling yet. Sorta like holsters.
    StratMaster and SOCOM42 like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

@Sasquatch

You should be able to find an illegal to carry your evil black rifle (that you may or may not have) for waaaaaaay less than $30-40 (600 to 900 Pesos)

Slip
    Sasquatch likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Try to find a sling that floats so you don't lose the rifle again.
    Sasquatch likes this.

Are you SURE you want a single point sling?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    After doing quite a bit of research I think that will suit me best. I don't have a lot of experience with them since before I got the evil black rifle (that I may or may not have) I only had a shotgun.
    Hemi45 likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Kindly keep us posted on this issue. I would like a simple sling for my shotgun. I liked the one that Michael Douglas toted in Romancing the Stone. He carried it upside down over his right shoulder and just flip it up to shoot bad guys. Walking the streets in a end of the world scenario think a person would look less threatening to have a long gun over the shoulder than holding it in the hand. Not at tiring eiher most likely.
    Slippy likes this.

The Good Cop

Unless you are going to be doing a lot of foot patrolling through varied terrain while wearing 70+ pounds of other gear, all you need is a plain old GI web sling.
    Properly adjusted you can carry your rifle and immediately transition into what the Army calls the Combat Sling.
    Find an old soldier, and ask him to show you. Heck, there is probably youtubes on the subject.
    https://www.charleyssurplus.com/cata.../category/267/
    You can even use this to African Carry.

I prefer the WWII OD Green cotton web slings for the Garand and 1903A3, but they're almost gone now. The link above is for the same type sling.
    bigwheel and SOCOM42 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Kindly keep us posted on this issue. I would like a simple sling for my shotgun. I liked the one that Michael Douglas toted in Romancing the Stone. He carried it upside down over his right shoulder and just flip it up to shoot bad guys. Walking the streets in a end of the world scenario think a person would look less threatening to have a long gun over the shoulder than holding it in the hand. Not at tiring eiher most likely.
    Wearing the weapon on your weak side, hanging upside down under your arm, with one hand on the weapon is known as African Carry. You can instantly mount it to your other shoulder while simultaneously grasping the stock's wrist with your shooting hand.
    Is this what you're thinking of?
    bigwheel likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi45 View Post
    Please let me know the pros or cons of carrying with a single point. Like I said I'm new to this so any info you're willing to share is appreciated.
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links