what do you recommend in a bob binocular?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on what do you recommend in a bob binocular? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; I have been giving this some thought lately to some new binoculars. I have a Swarovski EL Range Rangefinding Binocular that is phenomenal. Now to ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: what do you recommend in a bob binocular?

I have been giving this some thought lately to some new binoculars. I have a Swarovski EL Range Rangefinding Binocular that is phenomenal. Now to me a GHB and a BOB are about the same thing because of the distances I travel to the office. I am looking for great imaging in all weather, durability and low light functioning. I can not see having a 3 or 4 thousand dollar pair of binoculars in a pack in my trunk for months for just in case. Any recommendations and what features do your recommendation have that would make them worthy. Something I will not cry in my soup over if they are stolen or something happens to them in GHB or BOB. I am thinking $250 to $500 range.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I like Nikon optics on a performance for dollars spent basis. They are not the very best, but they are good and you have to spend quite a bit more before there is a real noticeable increase in quality. I think their prostaff 10x42 runs just under $150.

I am using Orion binocular which I bought from Reecoupons.
    It is gives a sharp and high-quality image. They have a large range of quality telescopes and binoculars.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

If you don't want a load to carry I'm happy with stiener 8 X 20, very compact.

But I'm in the noreast where 100 yds is a long shot unless you are in a farmers field.

When I'm on the lake ice fishing, and some tipups are on other side, I use 10 X 50
    Last edited by Mad Trapper; 04-05-2019 at 09:19 AM.

I have mid-priced 8X20 binocs, not happy with my old eyes. Been thinking a smaller dimension spotting scope of greater power. I have wondered sometimes about the power factor, 10x should make target at 100 yards look like its 10 yards away? I have old eyes but does not seem correct to me. Maybe my optics are too low rent. I don't seem to have the same issue with my leupold 3x9. Think I need to spend more money to get the quality I want.
    stowlin likes this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/kilo3...-10x42-mm.html

These are the binos I use. They are nice, and combine your lrf with your glass. Makes it more efficient to spot game and pass along information in a timely fashion to other members of the party.

My BOB will forever be without binoculars. There's only so much I can carry. Even though I walk with a weighted pack, I don't ever anticipate, as a small, older woman, being able to realistically carry more than 20-25 pounds if I need to go more than a few miles.
    Honkerhunteronhoth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    My BOB will forever be without binoculars. There's only so much I can carry. Even though I walk with a weighted pack, I don't ever anticipate, as a small, older woman, being able to realistically carry more than 20-25 pounds if I need to go more than a few miles.
    And you sir understand the problem the infantry soldier has always faced. That is why weapon had to get lighter ammo lighter. Every little bit adds up.
    As for Bino's I would keep an eye on Camera land ( sight Sponsor ) when you find what you are looking for give them a call they can often work with you. Watch their sales.
    paulag1955 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

If I might, point out a small alternate that is rather weight friendly.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-solo...monocular.html

You can find them for about 50 bucks on Ebay. I had one before the daughter took it over, in the vehicle. They work well.

If I might, point out a small alternate that is rather weight friendly. Should you ever decide you need something.

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-solo...monocular.html

You can find them for about 50 bucks on Ebay. I had one before the daughter took it over, in the vehicle. They work well.
    paulag1955 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links