what do you recommend in a bob binocular? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

what do you recommend in a bob binocular?

This is a discussion on what do you recommend in a bob binocular? within the Personal Protection, Gear, Mods, Accessories forums, part of the Weapons, Protection, Self Defense, Hand to Hand Combat category; Originally Posted by Honkerhunteronhoth How much ammo do you plan on hupping around? Not a lot. A box of .380 and a box of 9mm. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: what do you recommend in a bob binocular?

Quote Originally Posted by Honkerhunteronhoth View Post
    How much ammo do you plan on hupping around?
    Not a lot. A box of .380 and a box of 9mm. A box of 5.56 if I'm traveling with my AR. I could probably cut that down to 25 rounds each of .380 and 9mm. But keep in mind, I'm only working with about 20 pounds, so a box of ammo is significant.

I travel regularly by myself (with the dogs, of course) between eastern and western Washington. If I happened to be stranded (i.e. EMP disables cars) exactly in the middle. I'd have to travel about 107 miles to reach either house. The 107 miles, however, aren't equal. The western 107 miles includes a mountain pass, so if I were anywhere on the east side of the pass (other than just a mile or two from the summit, I'd go east, which would be 150 miles max on down to just a few miles. So I need a well equipped pack and am woefully aware of my own inability to carry it.
    Honkerhunteronhoth likes this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Not a lot. A box of .380 and a box of 9mm. A box of 5.56 if I'm traveling with my AR. I could probably cut that down to 25 rounds each of .380 and 9mm. But keep in mind, I'm only working with about 20 pounds, so a box of ammo is significant.

I travel regularly by myself (with the dogs, of course) between eastern and western Washington. If I happened to be stranded (i.e. EMP disables cars) exactly in the middle. I'd have to travel about 107 miles to reach either house. The 107 miles, however, aren't equal. The western 107 miles includes a mountain pass, so if I were anywhere on the east side of the pass (other than just a mile or two from the summit, I'd go east, which would be 150 miles max on down to just a few miles. So I need a well equipped pack and am woefully aware of my own inability to carry it.

Mind if I ask why you don't just ditch the .380 and stick with 9mm?? How many magazines per weapon do you plan on keeping with you? Sounds like a long walk friend, hopefully that never happens!

Mind if I ask why you don't just ditch the .380 and stick with 9mm?? How many magazines per weapon do you plan on keeping with you? Sounds like a long walk friend, hopefully that never happens!
    My .380 is my EDC and relatively easily concealed on my person. I have that with me all the time. My 9mm is a CZ 75B. Too big and heavy for my EDC, but something I would definitely want with me in an emergency situation. I'm accurate with it out to a decent distance. I have five magazines for each weapon. The boxes of ammo are for peace of mind.

Yes, it's a long walk and would be brutal if I had to make it in the winter. Eastern Washington gets very cold.
    Prepared One likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    My .380 is my EDC and relatively easily concealed on my person. I have that with me all the time. My 9mm is a CZ 75B. Too big and heavy for my EDC, but something I would definitely want with me in an emergency situation. I'm accurate with it out to a decent distance. I have five magazines for each weapon. The boxes of ammo are for peace of mind.

Yes, it's a long walk and would be brutal if I had to make it in the winter. Eastern Washington gets very cold.
    It sounds like you are lugging around to many firearms and magazines, which add on quite a bit of weight for that kind of hike. Ditching a firearm or even a few magazines will help out significantly, and you could replace that weight with calories. Do you also carry around an AR?

It sounds like you are lugging around to many firearms and magazines, which add on quite a bit of weight for that kind of hike. Ditching a firearm or even a few magazines will help out significantly, and you could replace that weight with calories. Do you also carry around an AR?
    I don't always carry the AR with me. It depends on whether I expect to shoot it or not which ever place I'm heading. I can't/won't dispense with either of the handguns. I don't carry all the magazines full. In fact, I carry the CZ unloaded with all the magazines empty when I travel. The boxes of ammo would be used to load the extra magazines in the event of an emergency.
    Honkerhunteronhoth likes this.

I also use Orion binocular, I'm quite satisfied with their binoculars.

stiener 8 X 20

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links