Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Pittsburgh, nice visit

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  MisterMills357 
#1 ·
Visiting my son in Pittsburgh and surprised myself that this area was really enjoyable.

The wife and I visited a few small townships outside of the city while playing tourist and the abundance of resources for the prepper was obvious.

the terrain and countryside is beautiful, the very old houses unique and different but makes sense given the steep terrain and limited flat land.

I imagine outdoorsman would find it an enjoyable playground.

We leave tomorrow but today exploring awaits as the son of mine is off to work.

This post has been deleted
#4 ·
I've always enjoyed my time in and around the City of Bridges. Outside the city is beautiful but even downtown is very nice for a city. I hope you got to experience the Men's Room at Jerome Bettis' sports bar. Just that experience alone is worth the airfare.

#8 ·
That bad?

Good morning, I am not a city person either but did enjoy all the old architecture and local history. 2 things I did notice was people litter here and the locals are aggressive drivers.

We stayed in the Highland park area by the Zoo.

#10 ·
No bigs, car is packed and the wife and I are heading back to Colorado in a few after we visit the strip for some Italian fixens to bring back with us.

The meat deli here had the best cuts of Polish and Italian fixens, made some great dinners this week.

Reactions: Denton
#18 ·
In the Highland Park area I did see much change going on, some protest about gentrification. Never knew the people investing in the neighborhood was a bad thing.

Reactions: Hemi45
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.