Iraq Mosul ISIS Stuff
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Iraq Mosul ISIS Stuff

This is a discussion on Iraq Mosul ISIS Stuff within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; I havn't seen a thread on this, is there one somewhere in the forum. For those that don't know Most of Northern Iraq has been ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Iraq Mosul ISIS Stuff

Banned

Iraq Mosul ISIS Stuff

I havn't seen a thread on this, is there one somewhere in the forum.

For those that don't know Most of Northern Iraq has been conquered by more radical than Al Qaeda (the conservative wing of Al Qaeda).

Apparently Mosul is now under de facto control of the Islamic State of Iraq.

Not sure what is really happening but apparently 500,000 people have become localized refugees, and there is even some speculation that if Baghdad is introduced to the dilema, that Kurdistan may declared independence from Iraq.

Not really sure what is likely to happen with this. Anyone have an insight into what is going on?

It seems this has been escalating for the last 5 days particularly.

I thought Iraq had a really massive army? It use to be like one of the largest in the world, apparently these are people both fighting in Syria and Iraq.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=48007
    Last edited by Will2; 06-10-2014 at 07:35 PM.

This is going to be the same thing as the fall of Saigon. Same thing. Pull out and let them defend themselves yea sure. All for nothing. Makes me angry honestly. This happened once before. They lost control of a city in iraq. And guess who is going to sit and watch. Just like all of the stuff in Syria? Surrender to assad. Yes like that is a guy to be trusted. My rant.

Edit: I forgot to mention benghazi! But what difference does it make now....

Let Them All Shoot Each Other. Produce Our Own Energy. If They Try To Case Us Harm Kill All Of Them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

i say we just blow up the whole area, make a massive crater fill it with water and call lake America. lol
    Michael_Js likes this.

My personal favorite was always "a glass floored self lighting parking lot" I have never seen one but as I think about it it would be very interesting.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    This is going to be the same thing as the fall of Saigon. Same thing. Pull out and let them defend themselves yea sure. All for nothing. Makes me angry honestly. This happened once before. They lost control of a city in iraq. And guess who is going to sit and watch. Just like all of the stuff in Syria? Surrender to assad. Yes like that is a guy to be trusted. My rant.

Edit: I forgot to mention benghazi! But what difference does it make now....
    It is not quite "fall of Saigon" time yet, but that is on its way.
    I have seen this movie before.
    The fall of Saigon was preceeded 3 years earlier by the 1972 Easter Offensive.
    For years the DMZ had been defended by the US Marines, and the US Army. In December 1969 the Marines were withdrawn as part of Nixon's Vietnamization plan. That left just the US Army, and to a limited extent, the ARVN (South Vietnamese Army). The US Army was withdrawn in August 1971, leaving just ARVN and ARVN Marines.
    Just like what happened in Iraq.
    Less than 9 months later, the North Vietnamese Army poured across the DMZ. The ARVNs threw down their weapons and knocked old women and children to the ground running away. Just like what I heard went down in Mosul.
    The ARVN Marines, to their credit, tried to stand fast, but were out numbered.
    My old base camp, north of Quang Tri City, fell on the 6th day. I was safe at home, but everything we had done was for naught.
    Yep, I have seen this movie before. I know how it ends.

I am sad for our troops that suffered so much for the Iraqis. Especially those who fell, and their families.
    They did not deserve this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I feel strongly because i was supposed to join right before the iraq invasion but never made it. I do have a friend from college who was in iraq who now has ptsd.

Please, someone explain to me why our country has this need to be MR. Nice Guy. After a war it seems the U.S. wants everyone to like us and therefore goes out of its way to "win the hearts and minds" of the people of the country we were FORCED to enter to stop the bad guys. If the country allows bad guys to operate of its territory, they are guilty of aiding and abetting. The U.S. had gone out of its way to keep collateral damage to a minimum. Afghanistan has cost the blood, limbs and minds of a lot of good men/women over the last 14 years. I say go in, clean house, get out. If it happens again, go in, clean house, get out. Repeat as necessary. Eventually they will learn. If not they will loose the chance to learn.
    oldmurph58 likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Lightbulb Sunni Muslim v. Shiite Muslim divides the entire Muslim world

Debka website keeps current on Mid East affairs.

Al Qaeda forms up to march on Baghdad, gathering up Iraqi Sunni rebels. Maliki cries treason

The Sunni Muslim v. Shiite Muslim divides the entire Muslim world across the Borders that were drawn by the British after WWI.
    This revolt is a Sunni minority that used to rule Iraq under Saddam Hussein being subjugated by the Shiite majority fighting back along with AL QAEDA in Syria and the levant coming up against a brick wall in Syria and finding a soft Target: Iraq. If Iraq breaks up the KURDS in the north will be invaded by Turkey who do not want an independant Kurd state independent of an Iraqi government.

Keep in mind there are no real nations where the borders were drawn after WWI. There never were any. British drew lines on the map where their commercial interests were back then.
    Watching it all change is interesting as long as Americans aren't being killed, I would keep USA military powder dry. Terrorist controling the oil fields in the area is not a big concern because nobody can pay them money for oil.
    Last edited by Hawaii Volcano Squad; 06-12-2014 at 07:13 AM.

I'm just over all the bad news, I predicted this pattern when Obama announced his withdrawal plans, and the wars there will never be over, Israel understands this, Churchill preached this, we need to learn this
    Ripon and rice paddy daddy like this.
    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them

Lest we forget

Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links