Plague. I didn't know about it already being in the US.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Plague. I didn't know about it already being in the US. within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; The first link is for the US. The second link is for Madagascar. It seems to be a matter of when not if. I find ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Plague. I didn't know about it already being in the US.

The first link is for the US. The second link is for Madagascar. It seems to be a matter of when not if.
    I find the second link more scary than the first one.

The plague in Madagascar was caused by one person traveling through a city.

https://www.cdc.gov/plague/maps/index.html

EarthLink - International News
    Last edited by No Body; 10-16-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    RedLion likes this.

First welcome aboard. Plague during the middle ages was like the flu in the 1918/19. Folks didn't know what to do to prevent it (stop contact) or treat it (we have antibiotics now that knock it down pretty fast). So while it may be a scary death, it's kind of like rabies - yeah it's there; yeah folks get it; and yeah some folks will die of it. but it's not something that ought to be a life changing event for a whole bunch of people.

Again welcome
    RedLion and Denton like this.
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

Not sure why it likes the area north of me so much AZ and 4 corners states. CA I can understand.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It's bound to happen when we have all these 3rd world bestiality lovin' muzzies and the ground zero of all diseases, Africa and the crap whole of central America invading us with their diseases.
    Announcing Our New web-site 100% CBD products
    Hidden Content

Its similar to what killed off so many american indians, they had no resistance to white man's diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    Not sure why it likes the area north of me so much AZ and 4 corners states. CA I can understand.
    hot and dry.
    we have a vaccine to prevent it when I was active all GI's headed to the middle east and or Africa got it.
    oops

Quote Originally Posted by Urinal Cake View Post
    It's bound to happen when we have all these 3rd world bestiality lovin' muzzies and the ground zero of all diseases, Africa and the crap whole of central America invading us with their diseases.
    FALSE INFORMATION. Bubonic Plague spread by fleas not people it has been on the North American Continent for a very long time . Has not hing to do with immigration or religion Everything to do with sanitation/ food storage - keeping the number of rodents down. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

Quote Originally Posted by RJAMES View Post
    FALSE INFORMATION. Bubonic Plague spread by fleas not people it has been on the North American Continent for a very long time . Has not hing to do with immigration or religion Everything to do with sanitation/ food storage - keeping the number of rodents down. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague
    My information is not False. This is why I add links and why I said this one scares me more than the Bubonic Plague.

If you had bothered to follow the link I left and actually read it. Instead of jumping to conclusions you would have seen that Madagascar is dealing with the Pneumonic Plague. Not the Bubonic Plague.

Most of the cases in the current outbreak are pneumonic plague, a more virulent form that spreads through coughing, sneezing or spitting and is almost always fatal if untreated. In some cases, it can kill within 24 hours. Like the bubonic form, it can be treated with common antibiotics if caught in time
    Last edited by No Body; 10-16-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by No Body View Post
    If you had bothered to follow the link I left and actually read it. Instead of jumping to conclusions you would have seen that Madagascar is dealing with the Pneumonic Plague. Not the Bubonic Plague.

Most of the cases in the current outbreak are pneumonic plague, a more virulent form that spreads through coughing, sneezing or spitting and is almost always fatal if untreated. In some cases, it can kill within 24 hours. Like the bubonic form, it can be treated with common antibiotics if caught in time

My comment was in responded to Urinal Cake and his anti immigrant / rabid religious bullshit and how he thinks a disease was brought to the US. The disease organism Y. pestis
    is and has been for perhaps a million years present in what is now the US.

If a patient bitten by an infected flea becomes infected in the lungs it is called Pneumonic same organism infects the lymph glands it is called Bubonic plague . Same disease different part of the body.

While it is possible for a person to become infected from a pneumonic plague patient by the airborne route it is very unlikely. Two things - you need very close contact with the infected person and the other when a person has plague they are not going to be able to travel . They cannot walk far, won't be able to travel by plane, train , bus, ship or any other means that makes them go thru a terminal. They are sick- look sick and will get pulled to the side by the employees that work there.

So no Urinal Cakes idea that the US has plague is not due to folks of a certain religion coming to America .

If you are treating a plague patient (regardless of where there infection is ) you get infectious material into a break in your skin and it becomes infected - this infection would most likely be in the lymph nodes - Bubonic . Same patient and you manage to breath infected material into your lungs you would develop pneumonic plague.

You have to use PPE when treating a Plague patient - tyvek suit, gloves and N-95 mask, shower then disrobe start with taking off gloves then suit, end with washed hands taking off mask while in the shower. Then shower again.

Be ready to take antibiotics as soon as you get a fever.

https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/plague/factsheet.asp
    [1]Survival: Actions I need to do NOW to live another 5 minutes to 3 days.[2] Prepping: What I do to insure my family makes it thru an adverse event lasting 3 days to 3 months [3] Seeds and livestock: What you need for long term subsistence.

Quote Originally Posted by RJAMES View Post
    My comment was in responded to Urinal Cake and his anti immigrant / rabid religious bullshit and how he thinks a disease was brought to the US. The disease organism Y. pestis
    is and has been for perhaps a million years present in what is now the US.

If a patient bitten by an infected flea becomes infected in the lungs it is called Pneumonic same organism infects the lymph glands it is called Bubonic plague . Same disease different part of the body.

While it is possible for a person to become infected from a pneumonic plague patient by the airborne route it is very unlikely. Two things - you need very close contact with the infected person and the other when a person has plague they are not going to be able to travel . They cannot walk far, won't be able to travel by plane, train , bus, ship or any other means that makes them go thru a terminal. They are sick- look sick and will get pulled to the side by the employees that work there.

So no Urinal Cakes idea that the US has plague is not due to folks of a certain religion coming to America .

If you are treating a plague patient (regardless of where there infection is ) you get infectious material into a break in your skin and it becomes infected - this infection would most likely be in the lymph nodes - Bubonic . Same patient and you manage to breath infected material into your lungs you would develop pneumonic plague.

You have to use PPE when treating a Plague patient - tyvek suit, gloves and N-95 mask, shower then disrobe start with taking off gloves then suit, end with washed hands taking off mask while in the shower. Then shower again.

Be ready to take antibiotics as soon as you get a fever.

https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/plague/factsheet.asp
    Incubation period is 1 to 3 days for Pneumonic Plague. How many people do you think could be infected in 3 days and then 3 more days after that and so on. Take a look at Madagascar. It would depend on whether or not it was a hermit infected or a party goer or someone in the middle. And then there are some who would infect others just because they can.

https://www.cdc.gov/plague/faq/index.html

Admittedly less likely to happen here but not impossible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links