North Korea at it again - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

North Korea at it again

This is a discussion on North Korea at it again within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by NKAWTG At the moment Japan can't to anything except defend itself until they change their Constitution. And this doesn't constitute defending yourself? ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: North Korea at it again

Quote Originally Posted by NKAWTG View Post
    At the moment Japan can't to anything except defend itself until they change their Constitution.
    And this doesn't constitute defending yourself? I am all for doing something about NK, but others need to get involved pronto. The days of sitting back and seeing what the good ole US is going to do, then criticizing them for it needs to be over. I noticed Kim decided not lob them over Guam, wonder why? This needs to be a response from many countries, starting with Japan. Everyone's wanting to sit back with their hands clean waiting for good old Uncle Sam is BS.
    sideKahr and Gunn like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Stupid bastard just doesn't get it. Some suggest it is a negotiating ploy to get talks going.
    I tell exactly what I think he's doing, he's being such a pest, that the rest of the world will allow him to keep his nukes, if he'll just settle down. Very risky chance he's taking, but perhaps he isn't such a DUMB kid after all? If allowed to become one of the nuke countries, they'll join and all exclusive club, and the ballgame changes for his country.
    EDIT
    I think China is butthole deep in this with NK, otherwise no way they'll allow some loose cannon on their border with nukes.
    Last edited by Moonshinedave; 08-29-2017 at 06:53 AM.
    Prepared One and sideKahr like this.

Japan has been working at revising Article 9 related to offensive military operations.
    Here is an article from The Diplomat.
    Japan?s Path to Constitutional Amendment | The Diplomat
    Semper ubi sub ubi

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    I tell exactly what I think he's doing, he's being such a pest, that the rest of the world will allow him to keep his nukes, if he'll just settle down. Very risky chance he's taking, but perhaps he isn't such a DUMB kid after all? If allowed to become one of the nuke countries, they'll join and all exclusive club, and the ballgame changes for his country.
    EDIT
    I think China is butthole deep in this with NK, otherwise no way they'll allow some loose cannon on their border with nukes.
    Dave is right. China knows exactly what he is doing and has their full approval. This may end up being a "Proxy War", between the US and China by way of NK and Japan.
    Moonshinedave and sideKahr like this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum.
    NRA Life Member
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's to late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards" Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by NKAWTG View Post
    At the moment Japan can't to anything except defend itself until they change their Constitution.
    There's a LOT of talk about doing just that. I lived in Japan for 6 years, and it chafes their military's ass, the whole "defense force" thing. Chafes them BIG TIME. Threats like this may make the difference.

I gotta be honest, you REALLY don't want the Japanese pissed at you, they go a bit bonkers and the do NOT like Koreans to start with.
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshinedave View Post
    And this doesn't constitute defending yourself? I am all for doing something about NK, but others need to get involved pronto. The days of sitting back and seeing what the good ole US is going to do, then criticizing them for it needs to be over. I noticed Kim decided not lob them over Guam, wonder why? This needs to be a response from many countries, starting with Japan. Everyone's wanting to sit back with their hands clean waiting for good old Uncle Sam is BS.
    Exactly, and I'm telling you Japan can and WILL defend it's self, hard core.

They are the people that need to deal with NK, after all NK is the ones shooting at Japan.

Japan is our allies and we help them in any way they need, set up missile defense batteries, training, share intelligence, the whole meal deal.

The planes that do the attacks, however, need to be Japanese F-2's (their version of the F-16), F-4's (yeah, they still use the Phantom) and F-15's.
    Check out my prepping/survival website for my podcast, down to earth reviews, advice and a bit of humor thrown in as well.

Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Salt-N-Pepper View Post
    There's a LOT of talk about doing just that. I lived in Japan for 6 years, and it chafes their military's ass, the whole "defense force" thing. Chafes them BIG TIME. Threats like this may make the difference.

I gotta be honest, you REALLY don't want the Japanese pissed at you, they go a bit bonkers and the do NOT like Koreans to start with.
    I was thinking about that a couple days, ago.

The continent has history with Japan, and it isn't good. The Koreans and the Chinese have had pain inflicted on them by Japan. They'd be smart no to ask for some more.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

If it is Japan that initiates the attack on NK then it would be better for the US. Right now, if the US initiated the attack, we will look like bullies. I do not know about you, but if a hostile nation just lobbed an ICBM over and in my territory, that is a declaration of war.
    SGG, Denton, Moonshinedave and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioPrepper View Post
    If it is Japan that initiates the attack on NK then it would be better for the US. Right now, if the US initiated the attack, we will look like bullies. I do not know about you, but if a hostile nation just lobbed an ICBM over and in my territory, that is a declaration of war.
    Without a doubt, if someone is shooting at you, you can assume you are being attacked, and not wait to be hit.
    Denton and Prepared One like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt-N-Pepper View Post

I heave heard the theory that we say enough to China. We help the Japanese and SK develop their own nuclear capabilities and Japan changes their constitution to allow an offensive capable military, or you squash the bug in your bathroom. China sure as hell does not want a militarized Japan let alone nuclear capable, and they don't want nukes on the peninsula unless it's their finger on the button. Might not be a bad idea. China would have an two economic power houses and a militarily dynamic duo at their doorstep.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links