The Wall (No, not Pink Floyd)
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on The Wall (No, not Pink Floyd) within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Trump's speech is such fertile ground for discussion. (If you want to see the science fiction version, read CNN Politics this morning. Their heads are ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By sideKahr
  • 1 Post By Illini Warrior
  • 1 Post By rstanek
  • 1 Post By Kauboy

Thread: The Wall (No, not Pink Floyd)

Trump's speech is such fertile ground for discussion. (If you want to see the science fiction version, read CNN Politics this morning. Their heads are exploding down there in Atlanta.)

One of his remarks re-promised to 'Build that Wall', even if it takes a shutdown of the government to force it through. I can't think of a better reason to do it. When the left screams about 'the children', throw it right back in their faces that their god Bill Clinton used shutdown as a political tool.

Man, that was a good speech last night.
    Moonshinedave and rstanek like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post
    Trump's speech is such fertile ground for discussion. (If you want to see the science fiction version, read CNN Politics this morning. Their heads are exploding down there in Atlanta.)

One of his remarks re-promised to 'Build that Wall', even if it takes a shutdown of the government to force it through. I can't think of a better reason to do it. When the left screams about 'the children', throw it right back in their faces that their god Bill Clinton used shutdown as a political tool.

in my opinion the rallies and speeches are becoming more & more dramatic - directed - meaningful overall .... not just re-election fodder ... the DNC and thus the Fake News are seeing them as advancing threat ..... you not advance the agenda but do a great bash job on the party problems like Flake & McCain - damn hard to stand up to hometown ridicule - Phoenix was no accident ....
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sideKahr View Post

in my opinion the rallies and speeches are becoming more & more dramatic - directed - meaningful overall .... not just re-election fodder ... the DNC and thus the Fake News are seeing them as advancing threat ..... you not only advance the agenda but do a great bash job on the party problems like Flake & McCain - damn hard to stand up to hometown ridicule - Phoenix was no accident ....

if the Phoenix mayor had a problem with this rally - he'll have plenty of company - loook out DNC mayors - Trump is on his way - expect to see him in the VERY VERY controversial cities and states soon - he'll be campaigning for those congressmen that need the boost .....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 08-23-2017 at 09:23 AM.
    sideKahr likes this.
    I llini WarriorHidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I agree. And expect plenty of "tweet storms" also, to bypass the "damned dishonest" media? Trump cracks me up.

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    A friend of mine and I were discussing Trump last weekend, he said he voted for him but doesn't like his speaking style, I responded by saying, well a lot of people may disagree with his style, but he is communicating just like we do, to the point, no political correctness BS, the general public isn't used to that......
    rice paddy daddy likes this.

If he gets The Wall & Kate's Law and Tax Reform and Repeal & Replace he will be the greatest president of the 21st Century .

A politican's number one job is re election. If he/she sees massive Trump support the number one thing is to get on that train. But it has to be convincing and overwhelming. Whip up the base.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

I think he's using these rallies in the way that Reagan used the Oval Office desk.
    They are his springboard to the people. He can speak directly to Americans, unfiltered and raw.
    Reagan would be piped straight into your homes during the evening news hours, and he was charismatic enough to connect with people, by himself, face to face like that.
    Trump is playing to his strengths, and getting a crowd involved. He's not eloquent or soft spoken, so he gets a big loud audience that can respond in real time to his message, and that resonates with his base watching from home.
    It's a great tactic.
    sideKahr likes this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Sponsored Links