USS McCain Collides with Oil Tanker - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

USS McCain Collides with Oil Tanker

This is a discussion on USS McCain Collides with Oil Tanker within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Denton @ Robie This guy has been making a lot of vids about the Fitzgerald. You'll find them interesting. I watched the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: USS McCain Collides with Oil Tanker

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    @Robie This guy has been making a lot of vids about the Fitzgerald. You'll find them interesting.

I watched the one video you posted, 10NM off of an estimated position, (no coordinates) stretched into some grand conspiracy is .... pretty..... a stretch in my opinion. Second, I love when he says sarcastically "this incredibly busy channel, I don't see any ships" then literally 20 seconds later at the 7:40 mark there are 6 other vessels near the Crystal. Watching boats on Vessel finder or Marine traffic doesn't make you an ELINT expert. The Navy messed up running into stuff i'll give him that.... but to stretch it into some grand conspiracy, give me a break.

Also, as the video author noted if you go to the actual Youtube page, in his top comment he admits he messed up and used Statute Miles not Nautical Miles...... they are different by about the 10% he said the Navy was off... again... credibility blown.
    Denton likes this.
    "There, comrades, is the answer to all our problems. It is summed up in a single word--Man"

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PrepperLite View Post
    I watched the one video you posted, 10NM off of an estimated position, (no coordinates) stretched into some grand conspiracy is .... pretty..... a stretch in my opinion. Second, I love when he says sarcastically "this incredibly busy channel, I don't see any ships" then literally 20 seconds later at the 7:40 mark there are 6 other vessels near the Crystal. Watching boats on Vessel finder or Marine traffic doesn't make you an ELINT expert. The Navy messed up running into stuff i'll give him that.... but to stretch it into some grand conspiracy, give me a break.

Also, as the video author noted if you go to the actual Youtube page, in his top comment he admits he messed up and used Statute Miles not Nautical Miles...... they are different by about the 10% he said the Navy was off... again... credibility blown.
    I didn't watch this one. I watched his first few videos and then drifted off.
    PrepperLite likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I didn't watch this one. I watched his first few videos and then drifted off.
    I do that a lot on Youtube , but mine usually turn into one educational video at 5pm.... then it's 3am and i'm watching videos of cats jumping on trampolines and wondering what i'm doing with my life.
    "There, comrades, is the answer to all our problems. It is summed up in a single word--Man"

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Collision Avoidance 2.0 - BoatUS Magazine

BTW were not talking hi tech really in ship avoidance. We have a 2 watt AIS for use anytime within 12 miles of shore or out if we wanted. There are times to turn it off for safety as you prefer not to be broadcasting your position but that's in an area with no shipping activity.
    PrepperLite and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    Collision Avoidance 2.0 - BoatUS Magazine

BTW were not talking hi tech really in ship avoidance. We have a 2 watt AIS for use anytime within 12 miles of shore or out if we wanted. There are times to turn it off for safety as you prefer not to be broadcasting your position but that's in an area with no shipping activity.
    More or less, vessels over 300 Gross Tons are required to broadcast AIS. It's great to have either way if operating in congested areas.
    Denton likes this.

Regardless, John McCain sucks, tell all your friends.
    Denton, Inor, Prepared One and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Regardless, John McCain sucks, tell all your friends.
    And he runs into stuff and breaks shit...

From reading the stories when he was a Navy Flyboy in Vietnam, he damn near killed more sailors than the entire NVA. And that was just one crash! That was before he got taken prisoner and became the "Songbird" as our pal Dwight points out.

Right here; right now... I am declaring my new Political Action Committee! I am calling it the Deport John McCain Right F%$!ing Now (or DJMRFN pronounced Der-jer-mer-firn). So join my coalition today and help me hire Space X to shoot John McCain to the moon (Permanently). Deporting him to another country does not solve the problem.
    stevekozak, Denton, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Hate to say it & hate to paint a generation is such a broad stroke, but my experience as a veteran who now runs a business is that a lot of these youngsters of today just don't give a shit about much of anything beyond posting & reading on social media. They don't care if they come into work late, & don't care if their taking a day off, when others in their department are already off, hurts the business. It is all about them & not the big picture. As a Minuteman Missile Launch Officer from the early 80s, we did a very boring job well. Now they have all these issues motivating the launch crews & are worried about morale. The crews aren't doing well on evaluations & there have been instances of widespread cheating on tests. What the F? Grow a pair and do your damn job!
    rstanek, Denton and Slippy like this.

Naming a war ship the John McCain is akin to naming one the Titanic. The navy needs to get their shit straight, they may be needed soon.
    stevekozak, TG and Inor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Was the tanker owned by Exxon?
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links