truck strike next weekend 10-11to 10-13
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on truck strike next weekend 10-11to 10-13 within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; I'm preaching to the choir here,but you might want to stock up. http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=31249No This will get more folks than the Million Moose Limb march...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: truck strike next weekend 10-11to 10-13

I'm preaching to the choir here,but you might want to stock up.

http://dont-tread-on.me/?p=31249No

This will get more folks than the Million Moose Limb march
    Last edited by AquaHull; 10-05-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    BigCheeseStick and split like this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    I can't wait!
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

They should make it at least a week. Couple days won't have enough impact and most sheeple won't notice.

Unless they park their rigs and block the highways.
    BigCheeseStick likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

This isn't going anywhere, so the thought of using our preps because of it is baseless. From many of the Prepping Forums that I participate on most "Preppers" will be going about their daily lives and not offering substantial support for this.

Desert Marine
    inceptor and Arizona Infidel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Marine View Post
    This isn't going anywhere, so the thought of using our preps because of it is baseless. From many of the Prepping Forums that I participate on most "Preppers" will be going about their daily lives and not offering substantial support for this.

Desert Marine
    That's kinda the way I figure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Marine View Post

Desert Marine
    Have to agree, company drivers are not shutting down. So called owner operators are no more than company driver that buys his or her own job.
    Few can afford to shut down bills must be paid. This has been tried a few times and went no where. I support the effort but just see a dead end.
    Arizona Infidel and Denton like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

What it does do though, is raise awareness and give people the idea that something can be done. This trucker strike has been flooding my Facebook for the past week or two. While on its own it might not accomplish much, it might spark something more. The 2 million bikers are a good example...it didn't just stop at one ride.

Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    As someone who used to drive a big rig, a true large scale trucker strike could bring this country to a crying whimper of "Why aren't my favorite potato chips on the shelve? And where are all the meats and fresh vegetables?" Just about everything we buy out there is brought to the floor of the store by truck at some point. A long term strike would be a serious slap in the face to America and people would really know what hunger is. Obama can of course go f*** himself, and being so egotistical to think it's about him right off the bat and call the truckers racist and put them all on a list. But the reality is most truckers like most of America live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford to shut down and miss loads. Those truck and insurance payments aren't going to strike you can count on that. I doubt their companies would be behind it too. They'd likely piece by piece, look to replace those drivers that strike, if they could, but because good drivers are still in short supply they won't be able to.

I hope they do strike in mass though, because conditions for professional drivers whether company or owner operators in large, suck pretty bad. I couldn't do it any longer, living in box, driving with all the assholes out there, load after load, stressing over delivery appointments, going from truck stop to truck stop, when you could find them, if you could in the big cities which are the worst, in dangerous areas, with the rising costs of fuel and living expenses, to bring the little tards of this country their Xbox games and Doritos. I hope they do.
    Arizona Infidel and sargedog like this.

If they were heavily unionized and the unions got together and said go on strike. Then there would be a definite impact. As it stands they are not unionized and probably never will be. So it's an every man for themselves situation, some will stop for three days and some will not.

The Good Cop

As a warehouse manager in a wholesale distribution environment I've been dealing with OTR (over the road) truckers for many years.
    Nowadays at least 50% of them are foriegners, and a lot don't even speak much english. I do not know how they can get a license. Eastern Europe seems to be heavily represented. These guys are not going to idle their rigs. And if American truckers do they will be replaced with Bosnians before the motors even cool down.
    Long distance trucking is a cut-throat business.

If the average American knew what was often behind the wheel of that 80,000 pounds of truck and cargo beside them on the interstate they would soil their underwear.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links