The importance of bug out plans- TN wildfire.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on The importance of bug out plans- TN wildfire. within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...bnSpgzCeUw31Dg A large wildfire swept through Gatlinburg TN, last night. Destroyed hundreds of homes and businesses. Many of us, myself included feel bugging out is ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The importance of bug out plans- TN wildfire.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...bnSpgzCeUw31Dg

A large wildfire swept through Gatlinburg TN, last night. Destroyed hundreds of homes and businesses. Many of us, myself included feel bugging out is usually a bad idea. Sometimes you have no choice, at least for 24-48 hours. I live nearby, and can see and smell the smoke.

Praying for all those affected, and it is a reminder that a 24 hour bag is useful, as in cases like this it's not the end of the world, but still calls for quick decisions. A fire spreading across your yard is no time to decide what you need to grab!
    Slippy, sideKahr, Kat404 and 4 others like this.

Excellent reminder @PCH5150 ,
    I saw some footage of the Gatlinburg fire and it was horrifying.
    PCH5150 likes this.

Same thing applies to a tornado. If you have to run to the basement or safe room in the last minute everything you own could be gone and you will emerge with only those items you took into hiding with you.

Bug out bag, meds, weapon, leashes/carriers for pets, laptop, some food/water, important papers, cash, and any small sentimental irreplaceable items.

Wildfires were also a concern around here, we haven't had rain in something like 6 weeks. Got a good rain today so hopefully TN will get some too.
    Last edited by Sonya; 11-29-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    PCH5150 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

That is an Area we ride often we have a two week ride setup for may already. Sad ,we have been following it. Our prayers for the people in the area.
    PCH5150 likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Tennessee is getting some good rain. Too late for many, but I am glad it finally came.
    sargedog likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The mayor lost his home and business to the fire. He said what Gatlinburg needs now is you to come visit. Tourism is what keeps the area alive. I know we will be keeping our reservation . The view may be different this trip but we are still going.
    Denton and Slippy like this.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    The mayor lost his home and business to the fire. He said what Gatlinburg needs now is you to come visit. Tourism is what keeps the area alive. I know we will be keeping our reservation . The view may be different this trip but we are still going.
    The food will still be good.
    Smitty901 likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Crockett's Breakfast Camp. Get the Black Bear Camp Skillet . It is more delicious food than any man should eat in one sitting. Almost ridiculous how much food they give you. Do not consider any other place for breakfast when you are there, and do not consider any other menu item. Thank me when you are done. lol
    Denton and Smitty901 like this.

Hurricane Matthew should also be a good reminder. You should know the natural hazards of your geological area and plan accordingly along with a plan to get the hell out of dodge.
    Annie and PCH5150 like this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

When we take our two week ride we stay there and ride the area. log between 3800 and 5000 miles when we ride there.
    Strange have a fire in CA it is on the news 24/7 . One in TN people dead injured and 1 story on the news.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 11-30-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links