Mosin Nagant 91/30: Pros and Cons - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Mosin Nagant 91/30: Pros and Cons

This is a discussion on Mosin Nagant 91/30: Pros and Cons within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Josh Smith I'm not 100% certain if a special sniper's ammo was used in PU snipers. I don't think it was, but ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Mosin Nagant 91/30: Pros and Cons

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post

I'm not 100% certain if a special sniper's ammo was used in PU snipers. I don't think it was, but my memory's foggy on that so I won't say with certainty.
    During the Great Patriotic War (WWII to us) the Russians did not generally use special ammo for snipers...

The Mosin sniper rifles were regular-production guns that were test-fired and found to be particularly accurate, then modified into PE or PU sighted sniper's.

Of course, there were a LOT of Mosin sniper rifles made... it's by far the largest production of any sniper rifle, ever... not even close.
    M118LR, Slippy and Camel923 like this.

S and P is 100% correct. WW2 Springfield 03 snipers were just pulled off the line and had a scope added. No testing.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links