Reader Who Bought Huge Arsenal Of Guns Online Gets His IP Blocked—And Thinks The Govt
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Reader Who Bought Huge Arsenal Of Guns Online Gets His IP Blocked—And Thinks The Govt

This is a discussion on Reader Who Bought Huge Arsenal Of Guns Online Gets His IP Blocked—And Thinks The Govt within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Gun Buyer IP Address Blocked - Business Insider Recently we posted a set of Uzi pictures that a reader sent us. The reader bought the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Reader Who Bought Huge Arsenal Of Guns Online Gets His IP Blocked—And Thinks The Govt

  1. #1
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    118

    Reader Who Bought Huge Arsenal Of Guns Online Gets His IP Blocked—And Thinks The Govt

    Gun Buyer IP Address Blocked - Business Insider

    Recently we posted a set of Uzi pictures that a reader sent us. The reader bought the weapon at a gun show, and as far as we know followed all state and federal laws.

    The response from other readers was explosive. At least one commenter claimed he was writing the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms to complain.

    Well, we have now heard from the gun-buyer again.

    He says his IP address is now blocked from visiting gun and ammunition websites from his phone and home computers.

    He has had no visits by law enforcement.

    But he thinks the government has found him and is now blocking him.

    The government does not centrally control the Internet, so this seems unlikely. But assuming the reader remains unable to access weapons sites, it will be interesting to figure out what is really going on. Most likely, if anyone is "blocking" the reader, it's his Internet Service Provider. (But even that would raise some interesting questions...)

    Here's a screenshot from his phone.


  2. #2
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Where we'll feed your trespassing ass to the gators.
    Posts
    1,655
    The guy should dump his internet provider immediately and sign up for a VPN service afterwards.

  3. #3
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    21,543
    I am fully aware that Agency's of our Government monitor what we say on line and do track conversations about fire arms and anit DHS posts. That is not in dispute.
    However this one does not pass the smell this, there is more to it and I would bet it is not the Government doing it.
    Many reason I say this they would not be so obvious, They would monitor him not block , So called UZI are just not a big deal they clone that sell are semi not auto. There are not that many true UZi around. They would not exert the energy on this one.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MeatChicken
    Posts
    7,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzee View Post
    The guy should dump his internet provider immediately and sign up for a VPN service afterwards.
    I dumped my IP effective 3/5 since Charter upped the price $22 after giving me a $15 loyalty discount. So it's either sloww azz dial up or the Library. The big result will be the lack of time for forums, more time for the garden.

  6. #5
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,161
    Everything you do on the internet is being watch. From compaines to the goverments.
    oswegoscott likes this.

  7. #6
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I am fully aware that Agency's of our Government monitor what we say on line and do track conversations about fire arms and anit DHS posts. That is not in dispute.
    However this one does not pass the smell this, there is more to it and I would bet it is not the Government doing it.
    Many reason I say this they would not be so obvious, They would monitor him not block , So called UZI are just not a big deal they clone that sell are semi not auto. There are not that many true UZi around. They would not exert the energy on this one.
    yeah well said

  8. #7
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    21,543
    Quote Originally Posted by oswegoscott View Post
    Disagree. The gov has become much more "in your face" in the past year. Look at OB and his speeches! He knows we know he's lying
    Please do not get me wrong I am 100% sure they do mess with people I am betting at least 1 here works with or for a government agency. I do not wear tin foil hats either.
    I know they are on gun forums and at Gun shows they started showing up there back with the Brady bill. Big reason why many of us quit public guns shows , latter we found suspect people showing up at private ones. They were the ones hinting they could maybe put you on to some more interesting harder to find weapons. That was you Que to walk away quickly.
    Just in the case sited it don't fit
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

    Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

  9. #8
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    8,318
    Quote Originally Posted by oswegoscott View Post
    Disagree. The gov has become much more "in your face" in the past year. Look at OB and his speeches! He knows we know he's lying
    Have to disagree with this one. If that was the case then a whole lot of us would be banned. No, I don't think they are singling out one person.

    I know we are being monitored, this has been going on for years. This transcript is from 60 Minutes.

    Transcript of 60 Minutes on Echelon

    Here is what the UK has said recently. Evidently they think this is cool stuff.

    U.S. Government secretly spying on everyone using civilian security cameras, say Wikileaks | Mail Online

    Here is an article that uses the Washington Post as the source. Meangreen, you may want to pay attention here.

    Confirmed: US government spies on federal staffers ? RT USA

    I could go on but.........
    Meangreen likes this.

  10. #9
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    Have to disagree with this one. If that was the case then a whole lot of us would be banned. No, I don't think they are singling out one person.

    I know we are being monitored, this has been going on for years. This transcript is from 60 Minutes.

    Transcript of 60 Minutes on Echelon

    Here is what the UK has said recently. Evidently they think this is cool stuff.

    U.S. Government secretly spying on everyone using civilian security cameras, say Wikileaks | Mail Online

    Here is an article that uses the Washington Post as the source. Meangreen, you may want to pay attention here.

    Confirmed: US government spies on federal staffers ? RT USA

    I could go on but.........
    Your right on with this one Inceptor. We have several agencies that just monitor other federal agents and agencies. It's a way to keep us honest but they routinely step their bounds.

    Check this out for the latest super snooper:

    Weird surveillance cameras @ Border Patrol checkpoint north of Las Cruces, NM | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by Meangreen; 03-03-2013 at 02:44 PM.

  11. #10
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Please do not get me wrong I am 100% sure they do mess with people I am betting at least 1 here works with or for a government agency. I do not wear tin foil hats either.
    I know they are on gun forums and at Gun shows they started showing up there back with the Brady bill. Big reason why many of us quit public guns shows , latter we found suspect people showing up at private ones. They were the ones hinting they could maybe put you on to some more interesting harder to find weapons. That was you Que to walk away quickly.
    Just in the case sited it don't fit
    Dammit he is on to us! Quick get the drone to a higher altitude and switch to satellite! Have the satellite’s camera zoom in on his aluminum foil hat! Hey guys out front in the van, the cheese is very moldy! I repeat the cheese is very moldy. Over and out!

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Motorist tactic when blocked by angry mob
    By Lucky Jim in forum General Talk
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 04:41 AM
  2. Long time reader finally joined.
    By Frog Wrangler in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Back to Top