Search continues for toddler dragged into lagoon by gator at Disney hotel
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Search continues for toddler dragged into lagoon by gator at Disney hotel within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; How does a parent(s) let their two year old boy wade into water that is clearly marked to not enter the water due to danger? ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Search continues for toddler dragged into lagoon by gator at Disney hotel

How does a parent(s) let their two year old boy wade into water that is clearly marked to not enter the water due to danger? The boy got taken 9:30 pm last night and they are continuing to search for him. Sad fact that the boy was probably killed within a couple of minutes and stuffed under a log. Another example of something that could have been avoided.

Search continues for toddler dragged into lagoon by gator at...

Very sad, prayers for that family.

However, that is reason #67 I don't go to Disney World.

Too many; fat assed stinky people, homos/dykes, rude foreigners, sub par food, over priced booze, no guns allowed signs, bratty children, cell phone addicted teens, people who shouldn't wear tank tops and bikinis, ..., toddler eating reptiles...
    Michael_Js and Denton like this.

My guess is kill all the gators and look inside.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

My prayers to the family.
    Michael_Js likes this.

I, too, am wondering how this could have happened. As usual, the MSM news report is vague on pertinent details. Did the child actually go into the water? Did the alligator crawl out of the water onto land and grab him? My guess is that the kid went to the very edge of the water, and the alligator was lurking just under the surface and suddenly exploded from the water and grabbed him.
    Denton likes this.

"Too many; fat assed stinky people, homos/dykes, rude foreigners, sub par food, over priced booze, no guns allowed signs, bratty children, cell phone addicted teens, people who shouldn't wear tank tops and bikinis, ..., toddler eating reptiles... "

I visited my brother in Orlando back in 2002, and we went to Disney World. I didn't care for it at all. Kind of tacky and a tourist trap, and you describe perfectly the types of people you find there.
    Last edited by frantic1971; 06-15-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    Slippy likes this.

The Good Cop

Many visitors from other states do not know how alligators behave. Nor should they be expected to.
    Just like if I went to Yellowstone, I do not know that much about bison behavior. HOWEVER, I do know to keep my distance.
    With alligators it is more difficult, because often they remain unseen. In Florida, everyone NEEDS to assume ALL bodies of fresh water contain alligators. They may or may not, but it's better to be safe.
    And don't let their size or apparent laziness fool you - they can run pretty quickly for a short distance.
    The very WORST thing tourists do is feed the gators. Gators come to associate humans with food.
    Auntie, Denton, Camel923 and 1 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

The Good Cop

Things to know about Florida's alligators - CBS News

Reptiles - Alligator

Whenever we have company from other places, we usually take them to the nearby Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge just across the border in Georgia. We always include the guided small boat tour - you get up close to all manner of wildlife, including a BUNCH of gators.
    www.fws.gov/refuge/okefenokee
    Mish likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Super Moderator

That's it! We need to stop the violence. We need a ban on all assault gators!

Sent from Tapatalk (aka Uranus)
    essdub likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

I believe they were in the water when the child was taken. Very sad. It sounded like the dad tried to get the child back but couldn't hold on.
    I can't even imagine.
    Denton, stowlin, Camel923 and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links