House of reps wins historic ruling in constitutional challenge under the aca
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on House of reps wins historic ruling in constitutional challenge under the aca within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Great news. This afternoon, Judge Rosemary Collyer issued a final ruling in United States House of Representatives v. Burwell, the challenge to unilateral actions taken ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: House of reps wins historic ruling in constitutional challenge under the aca

Great news.

This afternoon, Judge Rosemary Collyer issued a final ruling in United States House of Representatives v. Burwell, the challenge to unilateral actions taken by the Administration under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Judge Collyer ruled in favor of the House of Representatives and found that the Administration violated the Constitution in committing billions of dollars from the United States Treasury without the approval of Congress. The historic ruling reaffirms the foundational “power of the purse” that was given to the legislative branch by the Framers.

In 2015, Judge Collyer rejected an effort by the Administration to bar consideration of the merits of the challenge, thereby setting the stage for her to rule on whether the Administration has violated Article I, section 9, clause 7 of the Constitution, which provides that “No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law.”

Today Judge Collyer ruled squarely for the House in finding the Administration’s actions to be unconstitutional and that its claims “cannot surmount the plain text [of the law].”
    https://jonathanturley.org/2016/05/1...ca/#more-98897
    Last edited by RedLion; 05-12-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    Denton likes this.

Good things do happen ,, there is hope for us after all .
    Hidden Content
    GOD Bless The South , The best things in life are Hidden Content ,Hidden Content ,Hidden Content , prayer , 2nd Amendment , my wife , not all in the order .

Looks like the end for Obummer care!
    txmarine6531 and Medic33 like this.
    We have a four box system,the soap box,the ballet box,the jury box and the cartridge box!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Oddcaliber View Post
    Looks like the end for Obummer care!
    Let's hope so!

To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson.

I copied this from another members tagline, going to send it to my daughter in college at U of M, Minneapolis.

However, ruling is meaningless as it has been stayed pending appeal. And when it goes in front of an Obama friendly court it will be over turned. The Supreme court will be of no help to us.
    Prepared One and RedLion like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Reading the article, the opinion and the comments of the people on that site simply amazes me how things get twisted turned, worded and viewed so askew of reality.

As the main article alludes that ACA is fine as written and says there is no restriction on 1402 payment (even says early payment) and says the congress simply Must appropriate it..the use of must being key to what I am saying here...they simply MUST appropriate it...as in can be viewed as a judicial mandate that the law is not being followed unless it is appropriated. So many see this as congress violating law already passed.

The written opinion is clear and concise about the problem with the 1402 funds not being included in with the 1401 funds as mandatory. So people see that the Administration exceeded Constitutional authority and it is discretionary funding and must be approved by congress.

Then you have ass clown who see, or rather don't see, the administration giving insurance companies money he shouldn't to make ACA seem less expensive to the US, and they will say its the republicans who are doing the bidding of the insurance companies....

Why can't the government speak plainly?
    "The ACA was not written and passed to include paying off the insurance companies to hide the fact that the ACA will cost billions more and cause premiums to skyrocket, so the Gubment can't pay them off unless its included in the annual budget approved by Congress. And using any justification to explain why its "the right thing to do" is contrary to everything the Constitution states and you should depart for Cuba to get better healthcare."

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    BuckB likes this.

House? What house? CNN said this was the Republicans.
    Obamacare lawsuit: Judge rules in favor of Republicans - CNNPolitics.com

Quote Originally Posted by New guy 101 View Post
    Reading the article, the opinion and the comments of the people on that site simply amazes me how things get twisted turned, worded and viewed so askew of reality.

As the main article alludes that ACA is fine as written and says there is no restriction on 1402 payment (even says early payment) and says the congress simply Must appropriate it..the use of must being key to what I am saying here...they simply MUST appropriate it...as in can be viewed as a judicial mandate that the law is not being followed unless it is appropriated. So many see this as congress violating law already passed.

The written opinion is clear and concise about the problem with the 1402 funds not being included in with the 1401 funds as mandatory. So people see that the Administration exceeded Constitutional authority and it is discretionary funding and must be approved by congress.

Then you have ass clown who see, or rather don't see, the administration giving insurance companies money he shouldn't to make ACA seem less expensive to the US, and they will say its the republicans who are doing the bidding of the insurance companies....

Why can't the government speak plainly?
    "The ACA was not written and passed to include paying off the insurance companies to hide the fact that the ACA will cost billions more and cause premiums to skyrocket, so the Gubment can't pay them off unless its included in the annual budget approved by Congress. And using any justification to explain why its "the right thing to do" is contrary to everything the Constitution states and you should depart for Cuba to get better healthcare."

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
    Everything you need to know about obamacare is explained in less than a minute by one of its architects, Jonathan Gruber:

Since the bill was passed using strong-arm tactics and other stuff of questionable legality, I see no problem with stopping it using the same extra-legal means of necessary.
    "Oh good lord it's the stink bug again. Did you see new faces and drop by like a fag at a birthday party to stink up the place with your phony dihmi hogwash"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckB View Post
    Everything you need to know about obamacare is explained in less than a minute by one of its architects, Jonathan Gruber:

Since the bill was passed using strong-arm tactics and other stuff of questionable legality, I see no problem with stopping it using the same extra-legal means of necessary.
    I think maybe my point was misinterpreted. The opinion was clear that there exists no mandatory funding for the 1402...so there fore it is legal and law full to not fund it at congressional discretion.
    Merely means that the article and the resulting comments shows that people did not read the opinion. And do not understand the ACA law (phew, haccc-phew), or the constitution.
    I support the position that not funding 1402 is lawful a and will more quickly bring to truth what the impacts of Obama care really are...financial catastrophe for our economy.
    Medic33 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links