Fox News "Fair and Balanced" - You Decide
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Fox News "Fair and Balanced" - You Decide within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; As a long time history and current events student I have been a news junkie as well. After the debut and reign of CNN, I ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Fox News "Fair and Balanced" - You Decide

As a long time history and current events student I have been a news junkie as well. After the debut and reign of CNN, I watched quite a bit od MSNBC and Fox. After MSNBC tanked and went all out Liberal slanted, I continued on with Fox for years. In recent years I have seen Fox mislead content with article titles and present theory over factual reporting. It has been bothering me for a while.

Likely, the last straw for me was the first Presidential debate this year. It had the feel of an agenda driven presentation and not a debate of the candidate's initial message they wanted to get out to the public. Quite frankly, it pissed me off. I have often enjoyed O'Reilly, though I do not always agree with him, and Megyn Kelly. But..... Ms. Kelly (the look in her eyes) reminded me of Nancy Grace during the debate, who I despise more than I can elaborate in just a short thread on this board. Let's just say I believe this despicable woman deserves to share a jail cell with the Hildabeast.

I now get most of my newsworthy updates through various newsfeeds that I trust to report just the facts. THEN I DECIDE.

I searched GOOGLE for Fair and Balanced and came up with this - You Decide For Yourself.

"Fair and Balanced" is the slogan of Fox "Faux" News. It means that their overall quality is at best fair, and that their "news" is balanced with a strong dose of commentary, to make sure the viewer gets the talking points clearly. In reality, Fox News is about as "balanced" as Conservapedia is "trustworthy".

Fox News sees the whole media as having a liberal bias. Along with their other slogan of "We Distort, You Deride" "We Report, You Decide," Fox can give the impression that it is factual and that viewers are allowed to make up their own minds as to the political ramifications of the story in question.

As with many media outlets with a strong political view, Fox News sees the "mainstream" media as highly biased to a liberal viewpoint and even politically moderate media as liberally biased. (This is understandable, because it is almost impossible to view something as unbiased when you, yourself, have a bias. It's also difficult to recognize a bias when you actually agree with it.) It tries to counteract this perceived bias by "balancing" the news. In practice, this results in a massive swing to the political right, with Fox News being unashamedly biased towards presenting right-wing politics as good and liberal politics as the work of Satan himself. The term "Fair and Balanced" acts as a smokescreen to hide the obvious bias from its viewers.

Here is a link to articles on Fox's reporting and reporters comments on the Huffington Post.
    Fox News Fair and Balanced

Okay, now I got that off my chest. Do I feel better? Not really.
    Last edited by A Watchman; 10-12-2015 at 08:19 PM.
    Arklatex likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

You're a liberal!! J/K.

Quote Originally Posted by James m View Post
    You're a liberal!! J/K.
    Naw..... just a die hard and never give up Patriot of this once great country.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I used to watch MSNBC years ago when they has Chris jansing Lester Holt, I had a mini crush on Ashleigh Banfield then she was in New York in the streets on 9/11. Then they sent her to Afghanistan. Then there was Dr. Alan Keyes who worked during the Reagan administration. And of course Imus was on MSNBC a while. They basically stopped covering what was important to me.

But I never liked Imus.

I like some of the folks affiliated with fox. Hannity and Levin. The rest have turned into a disappointment. Especially O'Reilly and Beck. Meagan Kelly really screwed the pooch as mod in the debate. That was not fair or balanced at all...

I watch cspan a lot now. I no longer get fox on cable so I can't watch. I do get CNN but I only watch about political topics or coverage on the fighting.

The Good Cop

We got rid of the satellite dish almost three years ago. Cable doesn't come this far out.
    The only TV I watch is the local news from the big city (and sometimes not even that), and once or twice a week the NBC Nightly News.

My stress level has dropped dramatically, in direct proportion to my rising sense of ease and comfort. I now find it hard to understand how I could get so wound up watching all those talking heads yelling at each other, interspersed with breathless "reporting" of the latest apocalyptic antics of either the Democrats or Republicans.

It is all garbage, the world will go on whether you watch it or not. You personally can do absolutely nothing about it.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

[QUOTE=rice paddy daddy;336800]My stress level has dropped dramatically, in direct proportion to my rising sense of ease and comfort. I now find it hard to understand how I could get so wound up watching all those talking heads yelling at each otherQUOTE]

Thanks RPD - good advice and wise words indeed.

I Take it all with a grain of salt.look at all the different sources and deduce from there.sooner or later,you may get some truth somewhere.
    A Watchman likes this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links