US airstrike hits hospital
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on US airstrike hits hospital within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/03/asia/a...hospital/index . The U.S. has complained that Russia doesn't care about civilian casualties in it's air attacks, but then we pull this one off. How ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: US airstrike hits hospital

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/03/asia/a...hospital/index.

The U.S. has complained that Russia doesn't care about civilian casualties in it's air attacks, but then we pull this one off. How does this happen? This cannot get dismissed as "collateral damage." This bombing raid went on for over an hour, striking the hospital and surgical area with precision. So much for "surgical precision."

Mistakes happen in war. An effective technique is to hide ordinance and other supplies under hospitals, orphanages, mosques and so on. If the other side dares to strike you get a big propaganda victory showing how evil and barbaric the other side is. What is the real story?
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Bad intelligence and no forward Air controllers.
    Not the first won't be the last. We use to call it Friendly Fire. Right RPD?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I just can't get my mind around it. This hospital was established and known. It was the only surgery center in the region. Doctors Without Borders is a very well known organization. It's not like they had just set up a mobile M*A*S*H* tent. I realize that accidents happen and there are tragic deaths by friendly fire, but something went very, very wrong with this mission.
    Mish likes this.

The politics and logistics of modern warfare are a bitch. I'm not sure what surprises me more; that this doesn't happen more often or that we even bother trying with the bazillion ROE's. It's war for crying out loud, not two-hand touch football!
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.

So just "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out?" The U.S. has prided itself on the pinpoint accuracy of its surgical air strikes. Yes, there are going to be civilian casualties, although we try hard (maybe too hard sometimes) to avoid them. But a well known hospital, for crying out loud????

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RNprepper View Post
    I just can't get my mind around it. This hospital was established and known. It was the only surgery center in the region. Doctors Without Borders is a very well known organization. It's not like they had just set up a mobile M*A*S*H* tent. I realize that accidents happen and there are tragic deaths by friendly fire, but something went very, very wrong with this mission.
    I think this happens way more than we know. =(
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Maybe so, Mish. But Doctors Without Borders is not going to be quiet about this.

And they should not be quiet. But in war, shit happens. A lot of the GPS systems in
    aircraft are programed with where not to go and drop ordinance. All it takes is a typo.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

It definitely took the wind out of Obama's sails in criticizing Russian air strikes on Assad's enemies in Syria, didn't it?
    Slippy likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links