"Teen" dies after shooting himself while taking "selfie" with gun that he "found"...
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

"Teen" dies after shooting himself while taking "selfie" with gun that he "found"...

This is a discussion on "Teen" dies after shooting himself while taking "selfie" with gun that he "found"... within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Teenager dies after accidentally shooting himself while taking selfies with a loaded gun - Mirror Online Seems that young "Deleon Alonso Smith, 19, died of ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: "Teen" dies after shooting himself while taking "selfie" with gun that he "found"...

Teenager dies after accidentally shooting himself while taking selfies with a loaded gun - Mirror Online

Seems that young "Deleon Alonso Smith, 19, died of a single gunshot wound to the throat after accidentally pulling the trigger while posing with his cousin. Smith's cousin told police the pair had found the weapon earlier that day."

Rest in Peace Deleon, Rest in Peace...

Slippy's advice to the youngsters, do not take a "selfie" with a loaded, newly "found" (stolen) firearm then pull the trigger while the firearm is aimed at your head.

Please follow Firearm Safety Rules at all times;

RULE 1
    ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
    The only exception to this occurs when one has a weapon in his hands and he has personally unloaded it for checking. As soon as he puts it down, Rule 1 applies again.

RULE 2
    NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY
    You may not wish to destroy it, but you must be clear in your mind that you are quite ready to if you let that muzzle cover the target. To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such.

RULE 3
    KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER TIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
    This we call the Golden Rule because its violation is responsible for about 80 percent of the firearms disasters we read about.

RULE 4
    BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET
    You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it.

Dumbassity and firearms do not mix.
    "In alcohol's defense, I've done some pretty dumb shit while completely sober too"!

This is Nature's way of refining and cleansing defects, out of society. Needs to happen before they breed, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Teen" dies after shooting himself while taking "selfie" with gun that he "found"...-forrest-gump.jpg  

Michael_Js, Camel923 and paraquack like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I find this sad, I have a 19 yr. old daughter, she has been through firearm training courses. If this person would have had even the minimal amount of training as in Slippy's post, this young adults parents would not be crying their eyes out now. Can you imagine his buddy almost see his friend blow his brains out! They talk all about how guns are bad, but all the see on TV is the glorification of violence and none of the real world aftermath. jmo.

Tragic how nature scrubs the gene pool clean.
    Slippy, Renec and Michael_Js like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    I find this sad, I have a 19 yr. old daughter, she has been through firearm training courses. If this person would have had even the minimal amount of training as in Slippy's post, this young adults parents would not be crying their eyes out now. Can you imagine his buddy almost see his friend blow his brains out! They talk all about how guns are bad, but all the see on TV is the glorification of violence and none of the real world aftermath. jmo.
    I am with you 1skrewloose. This is sad. Those making smart ass comments, you haven't done something stupid when you were a teenager? I know I have done plenty of stuff that I could have been killed over when I was young. That just shows you to start your kids young on firearms training among other things.
    Slippy likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by MaterielGeneral View Post
    ...That just shows you to start your kids young on firearms training among other things.
    Good point MtlGen,

Teaching youngsters about firearm safety is extremely important even if your family does not own guns. Make sure they understand what to do in case they find themselves in a situation where somebody "finds" a gun and starts to play with it. "Negligent Discharges" are not "Accidents". Keep your finger off the trigger and don't play with a firearm. Follow the safety rules and accidents won't happen.

I did lots of stupid stuff when I was a teenager. None of it involved pointing guns at myself.

You can't fix stupid, but sometimes stupid fixes itself. It was probably better this way, better than them shooting someone else.

Also at 19 you should know better.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    I did lots of stupid stuff when I was a teenager. None of it involved pointing guns at myself.

You can't fix stupid, but sometimes stupid fixes itself. It was probably better this way, better than them shooting someone else.
    "It was better this way" Yeah, a dumbass kid lost his life. That was better. If it was your kid or grandkid you wouldn't saying this.
    Denton likes this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links