Be carefull what you post! - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Be carefull what you post!

This is a discussion on Be carefull what you post! within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Arklatex If you don't want the world (uncle sam, employers, whoever) to see it, keep it off the internet. Old news but ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Be carefull what you post!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    If you don't want the world (uncle sam, employers, whoever) to see it, keep it off the internet.

Old news but I've heard that there are programs that pick up on key words and flag a Internet post of phone conversation for further review by big brother. Could be just a paranoid rumor but I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
    Yup; they've been doing that for many years. Can't remember the project code names, but D.C. and London had one and worked together.
    rice paddy daddy likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Yup; they've been doing that for many years. Can't remember the project code names, but D.C. and London had one and worked together.
    I seem to remember CARNIVORE, but that may have been something else.

All internet traffic is routed through Langley, Virginia. Home to NSA, CIA, and others.
    And don't forget what made the news not so long ago - the massive building NSA is constructing out west that will supposedly be capable of storing all electronic communication.
    Denton likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I bet you could see the heat signature of that server farm from outer space with a dollar store binocular and both eyes closed!
    Denton and Arklatex like this.
    I wouldn't want to be part of any organization that would allow me to be a member.

In Memorium
    Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

While I agree that there should be limits on free speech with respect to credible threats I have to point out the more sinister tone here which is the fact that they are capable of that level of monitoring. In this particular case there was a threat but it just as easily could have been something not threatening and they would have scanned that email just the same. It isn't the first amendment under attack here, it is the 4th and that is a slippery slope to start down.
    Denton and Arklatex like this.

I have always watched what I post on the internet. Personally, I have no problem with Google alerting the police of Perez' threats. Was he serious, or just being a internet tough guy? Who knows? I guess they will find out.
    Denton and Maine-Marine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    All internet traffic is routed through Langley, Virginia.
    Nope... There are several major hubs for internet traffic... These hub have routers which scan traffic and send certain things to the NSA... but ALL traffic does not flow through one place -

The internet is like a roadway with paths and intersection and roundabouts...
    slewfoot likes this.

Banned

Agreed. This is a public forum. If you don't want to share with anyone with a search engine, then don't post it.
    Denton and slewfoot like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rjd25 View Post
    While I agree that there should be limits on free speech with respect to credible threats I have to point out the more sinister tone here which is the fact that they are capable of that level of monitoring. In this particular case there was a threat but it just as easily could have been something not threatening and they would have scanned that email just the same. It isn't the first amendment under attack here, it is the 4th and that is a slippery slope to start down.
    The threats were not by email, but posted on YouTube. Very open, no expectation of privacy.

Privacy is not the concern but that Big Brother can pay attention to whatever is said or written on the internet. We have already seen how the IRS is used to attack those who do not toe the Establishment line and we can only expect things to get worse as we travel closer to Winston Smith's nightmare.
    csi-tech likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

You can say whatever you want. If you communicate a threat, expect harassment or assault charges to follow. If you slam your employer or expose their liabilities have another job lined up. If you stab a family member or friend in the back, expect that trist you had with the 17 year old to go viral. Own your words and you will live a happy life.
    Denton, TG and BagLady like this.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Quote Originally Posted by 2Tim215 View Post
    Great news on that. Hope they keep up the good work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links