U.N.'s 9,000 Handpicked Syrian Refugees for the U.S.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on U.N.'s 9,000 Handpicked Syrian Refugees for the U.S. within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; We applaud the 25 countries that have agreed to resettle Syrian refugees, including some who will be accepting UNHCR refugee referrals for the first time. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: U.N.'s 9,000 Handpicked Syrian Refugees for the U.S.

Super Moderator

We applaud the 25 countries that have agreed to resettle Syrian refugees, including some who will be accepting UNHCR refugee referrals for the first time. The United States accepts the majority of all UNHCR referrals from around the world. Last year, we reached our goal of resettling nearly 70,000 refugees from nearly 70 countries. And we plan to lead in resettling Syrians as well. We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond.
    U.S. Plans To Lead in Resettling Syrian Refugees

Well? Thoughts on this? I know I have mine. Further cultural fragmenting.

Then again, is there any culture left?
    bigwheel likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

There is but it makes me sad and despondent thinking about it.

On a side note I don't mind refugees so long as they do it legal and accept our culture and embrace it.
    Denton likes this.

Kurds or Christians fleeing from aggression I would welcome with open arms.they must become citizens though.
    Denton likes this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

I agree, Apex and MI. Trouble is, when the people are coming from regions where the culture is not only an opposing culture but one with intention of world domination and subjugation, what can we expect? I am sure the U.N. and the government didn't screen for Christian refugees.
    Arklatex and BagLady like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

*** Like most other refugees resettled in the United States, they will get help from the International Organization for Migration with medical exams and transportation to the United States. Once they arrive, networks of resettlement agencies, charities, churches, civic organizations and local volunteers will welcome them. These groups work in 180 communities across the country and make sure refugees have homes, furniture, clothes, English classes, job training, health care and help enrolling their children in school. They are now preparing key contacts in American communities to welcome Syrians. ***

So they claim these refugees will get here without our tax dollars. But does anybody really think that they won't end up on government assistance once they're here? They should only bring in the ones that can contribute to our society (doctors, engineers, etc) and make America a better place. The last thing we need is more leeches on govt handouts. We have enough of our own as it is. We will probably import isis fighters in the mix as well.
    Denton, Slippy and BagLady like this.

Hope they have poor immunity?

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I agree, Apex and MI. Trouble is, when the people are coming from regions where the culture is not only an opposing culture but one with intention of world domination and subjugation, what can we expect? I am sure the U.N. and the government didn't screen for Christian refugees.
    (Edited,)Looks like you got me on that Denton,......too bad the UN and Govt.is letting them in at all.on second thought,let them stay there.

Not to hack this topic but,at least I feel safe for now,none of the refugees want to live where we are.its too freekin cold.I don't see why Hmong and Somalis were drawn to Minnesota or any other cold place in the first place as the Inors have spoken of several time before.

Maybe send them all to the north pole?.to see if they really want to stay in the USA?.
    Last edited by MI.oldguy; 12-15-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    Slippy and Denton like this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    U.S. Plans To Lead in Resettling Syrian Refugees

Well? Thoughts on this? I know I have mine. Further cultural fragmenting.

Then again, is there any culture left?
    Nothing I care to speak/type. My head is starting to spin...
    MrsInor, Slippy and Denton like this.
    And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him;... Genesis 16:12

More "neighborhoods" like our Hmong groups here. You know the guys that send money to their favorite jihad group or train to be terrorists themselves.
    Same "neighborhoods" that demand - no Christmas carols or Santa Claus. Then demand days off from school for their kids for their religious holidays.
    BagLady and Denton like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

This is the result of an accepting society honestly this wouldn't even be an issue if we would fight for our values and beliefs but until we fix our own culture how can we expect anyone to want to emulate it. Strong cultures absorb weak ones end of story.
    Denton likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links