Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

New York's SAFE gun law

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  csi-tech 
#1 ·
#5 · (Edited)
19,651,127 people live in the great state of New York. 278 doesn't seem to be a big deal. I'm actually surprised that there aren't more! BUT FOXNEWS wants to make a headline out of it and make all the gun crazies scared. So...yeah!! Look at that...it worked!!!

Stop letting FoxNews control you.

#7 ·
You can't be serious... Gun Crazies? That is the last thing I expected to hear from someone on this forum. What right does the state of New York to cripple its residents in the event of a SHTF scenario? Because that is effectively what they are doing with that piece of trash legislation. I really hope you are being sarcastic.

For anyone who cares, there is a hearing for oral arguments happening Tuesday in the 2nd Circuit court of appeals in NY for challenges to the NY and CT gun laws.

#10 ·
At what point would you be ok with someone's permit being revoked? Any mental illnesses? Or are you against them ever being revoked?

#11 ·
According to the new law passed in NY, a doctor or a NURSE can deem someone mentally unfit to possess firearms. They are also immune from civil liability in this capacity. I think that is too much unchecked authority for someone to have.

That is all ancillary to the bigger constitutional issue of limiting magazines to 10 rounds, arbitrarily classifying weapons with cosmetic features as "assault weapons" and banning weapons that are used for self defense and in common use throughout the country. When/If SHTF and governments cannot provide for their citizens, their laws will no longer apply and you will be left to fend for yourself and defend your families. If you are a NY resident (or CT for that matter) you will be fighting with two hands behind your back because of these policy decisions. This is "feel good" legislation that was jammed through with no public input and the whole thing should be tossed by the Supreme Court as being unconstitutional.

#12 ·
In most states you have to be adjudicated as mentally ill in order to have the privilege of owning or possessing a gun rescinded. I don't believe a nurse or doctor should be able to do that. I think they can present their argument to a judge like everyone else. In exigent circumstances with a suicidal person the Police should log the weapons into personal property with a hold pending that adjudication.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.