CA integrating homeless into neighborhoods - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CA integrating homeless into neighborhoods

This is a discussion on CA integrating homeless into neighborhoods within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by dwight55 I like your idea Annie . . . but there is also this thing called work. Most of them I've known ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: CA integrating homeless into neighborhoods

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    I like your idea Annie . . . but there is also this thing called work.

Most of them I've known of . . . give em a job sleeping all day checking out new mattresses . . . before the week is over they'll get up, quit, and leave.

They for the most part are anti-people . . . anti-authority . . . anti-organization . . . and will not assimilate.

We did them a favor 50 years ago . . . basically locked em up . . . two to a room . . . gave em a big yard to wander in and mumble to their heart's content.

Yeah . . . it was called the nut house . . . but at least it protected them from us . . . and us from them.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Sometimes people are just plain bums. Granted.

Sometimes they're just people who've fallen on hard times, whether through their own fault or through no fault of their own. Maybe it was through drug or alcohol addiction. Or getting laid off or some medical condition. It happened to my brother a couple years back. We took him in, and he managed to get back on his feet, get a job and move out on his own. I've got a bro in-law who's on crazy meds and will never be ok. But he can bus tables and we've got a little apt. for him in our home. Granny passed away this past year, she had dementia and needed to be taken care of. Now we have granny #2 moving in this week.

Any one of us could end up homeless. I think God expects us to help those He puts in our path when at all possible, especially family. It shouldn't be the job of the government. THey only screw things up worse.
    If there's no second amendment, they'll be no first amendment for very long either.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    Figures

For those of us who don't own a ranch, well our property values will eventually drop significantly.

I have lived in the inner city. I guess politicians want all to be on the same playing field. Share the love. I was never a fan of the fuedal system. I'm too much of a smart mouth asshole to play that well with others. Nope, not a fan of that game.

The really sad part is the people support those libtards have no idea of what they are getting into. Growing up in middle class and upper middle class suburbia, they only hear stories but their teachers told them that was not true. If you only love one another and share with them, things will be ok. Well, there will be a fair amount of sharing.
    I've lived in the city, too. Philly.... I remember back in the 80's after they'd closed down the mental institutions and they gave the inmates a month's worth of meds and an apartment. Inevitably they would mess up their meds, or stop taking them all together, get evicted and live out on the street. I'd see a guy taking to himself down the block (before bluetooth, hehe) then cross the street so as not to be in his line of fire. This one time when I did that the crazy person also crossed the street, got up right behind me and started shouting "RAAAAAH!!!!" Ooooh boy, he gave it to me bad!

Scared to heck out of me but at the same time, it was sort of funny.
    inceptor likes this.
    If there's no second amendment, they'll be no first amendment for very long either.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I've lived in the city, too. Philly.... I remember back in the 80's after they'd closed down the mental institutions and they gave the inmates a month's worth of meds and an apartment. Inevitably they would mess up their meds, or stop taking them all together, get evicted and live out on the street. I'd see a guy taking to himself down the block (before bluetooth, hehe) then cross the street so as not to be in his line of fire. This one time when I did that the crazy person also crossed the street, got up right behind me and started shouting "RAAAAAH!!!!" Ooooh boy, he gave it to me bad!

Scared to heck out of me but at the same time, it was sort of funny.
    Wow, it seems you have spent your entire life in the east coast misery. You have my condolences.
    Slippy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Sometimes people are just plain bums. Granted.

Sometimes they're just people who've fallen on hard times, whether through their own fault or through no fault of their own. Maybe it was through drug or alcohol addiction. Or getting laid off or some medical condition. It happened to my brother a couple years back. We took him in, and he managed to get back on his feet, get a job and move out on his own. I've got a bro in-law who's on crazy meds and will never be ok. But he can bus tables and we've got a little apt. for him in our home. Granny passed away this past year, she had dementia and needed to be taken care of. Now we have granny #2 moving in this week.

Any one of us could end up homeless. I think God expects us to help those He puts in our path when at all possible, especially family. It shouldn't be the job of the government. THey only screw things up worse.
    I don't necessarily agree...

When I was a small child, I remember my Dad telling me that when I graduated high school I will be moving out of his home. NOT...IF I graduated, but WHEN I graduated. He reinforced this to me often as I aged so I had a number of years to prepare. WHEN I graduated, he gave me a grace period of 2 months but I had to pay him rent, which I happily did because I had prepared to do so.

Then I went to college, on my dime and rented an apartment knowing that if something were to happen, I damn well better be able to dig a ditch or something to earn money. Failure was not an option.

Later, I saved money, bought a house and had a back up plan just in case something happened with my job. I was prepared to dig a ditch to earn money to pay my mortgage.

Then one day, I bought and paid for Slippy Lodge. Knowing that all I need to do is pay the taxes. I could probably still dig ditches to pay the taxes I suppose but I've prepared.

My point is, if you are prepared, you will never be homeless. I also promised myself I will never be a burdon to someone else. Should my brain get so messed up that I don't know how or when to shit or if I start eating my own shit, then Son 1 and Son 2 have agreed to follow my instructions. Homeless is NOT an option!
    Last edited by Slippy; 10-18-2020 at 02:22 PM.
    BamaDOC and Inor like this.

Super Moderator

@Slippy I'm sure you don't need me to tell you whatever you've been blessed with, smarts, the ability to work hard, anything it's because God's given it to you. I'm happy for you and to Him be the glory.
    Slippy and rice paddy daddy like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    Wow, it seems you have spent your entire life in the east coast misery. You have my condolences.
    I take the good with the bad. Whatever else, for now NJ's my home.

I saw some bad things living in Philly, though. The week after my roomie and I moved out the little old lady who live above us, the one who offered us cookies and coke got killed and raped right in her own apartment. But that was also around the time I surrendered my life to Christ. God used that time for grace--for me.
    inceptor and rice paddy daddy like this.

The Good Cop

@Slippy I'm sure you don't need me to tell you whatever you've been blessed with, smarts, the ability to work hard, anything it's because God's given it to you. I'm happy for you and to Him be the glory.
    Alcohol took everything I had - vehicles, family, house.

But, that led me to Alcoholics Anonymous, where, by immersing myself, learning the 12 Steps and putting them into action, I was led to a Higher Power whom I choose to call Jesus Christ.
    I learned in the first 5 Steps that God had been there for me the the whole time. Always, without fail.
    Steps 6 thru 12 led me to Him.
    Today everything I have is because of Him, my God. No, I'm not rich, I don't have a hundred acre farm, but I have things that only He can grant.
    The most important thing God gave me is peace and serenity. For an old combat vet I thought this would be unobtainable. But with God all things are possible.

Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
    I pray a LOT, every day, mostly prayers of thanks and gratitude, because as you said, all glory goes to God.

If God had given me what I deserved, I'd be in prison or the insane asylum. Instead, thru His Grace I have a life today that is indescribable.
    The other thread about the economy collapsing - maybe most people who read my responses don't know I'm not worried, because God has control of my life.

BUT, I must always remember what is written on page 85 of tthe Big Book (this is what we call our text book, Alcoholics Anonymous) "We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition. Every day is a day when we must carry the vision of God's will into all of our activities. 'How can I best serve Thee - Thy will (not mine) be done' "

Sorry for the rambling - but you touched on something that is near and dear to this old country boy. My love for, and dependance upon, my God, Jesus Christ.
    inceptor, Annie, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links