Thoughts on De-Funding The Police;
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Thoughts on De-Funding The Police; within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; The evil main stream media seems to be intent on promoting, along with the idiot rioters, the idea of De-Funding The Police. Very interesting and ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Thoughts on De-Funding The Police;

The evil main stream media seems to be intent on promoting, along with the idiot rioters, the idea of De-Funding The Police.

Very interesting and being an honest man who says what he is thinking, I am intrigued as to how this will play out.

On one hand, I think this is so damn funny and idiotic and that it can't be true, that nobody is this stupid. Then I think of the HUGE budgets (and wasted money) that most Law Enforcement Departments have and part of me is for a big cut in the budgets, but also OVERALL cuts in most government's budgets.

Do a little research on some of the very cool militarized equipment that most Law Enforcement agencies have and I have to admit that I do not want to pay for 5 MRAPS that sit in the parking garage of a nearby local police department, that they have never used except for parades. So in this case I believe that city has gone overboard with We The People's money and probably need their budget cut.

And on another hand, some of these liberal colleges/universities and famously liberal cities probably should get their wish and eliminate the po-po just so you and I can watch them burn on a slow Friday night!

A, Watch Out For What You Wish For, kinda thing!

Also, what rational female would want the police abolished? Maybe the female's who enjoy being raped night after night?

Regardless of your thoughts, it is no surprise that the evil media is promoting this very weird idea.

Thoughts?

If it's a money issue we can get rid of the school's. It has been clearly shown the last few months that we don't need that waste and drain on society.

I am all for it, under an extremely well defined and accurately accounted for, and reported area.
    For three months leading up to the dissolve of the police. Define the specific area where the effect will be un enforced so to speak. Let everyone know, where the exact boundaries are, and refer to the area as utopia. Then cover it like the purge. All who have expressed support for the idea in all forms of social media, documented, must stay in the zone.
    Broad cast for all to see.
    stevekozak, Joe and Old SF Guy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Defund the police eh?

Who they gonna call when Popeye's gets an order wrong?

The left would be the first to scream for them to come back.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

I think we should do a trial run. All police in the big democratically controlled cities should go out on the “blue flu” for about 4 weeks. Then let’s see what the liberal assholes are calling for!

They don't want to defund the police. They are going to extremes so they can get closer to their goals.

This strategy was used during the oil embargo. Word was bread was going to go to $3.00 a loaf. It only went to $2.50 and people were relieved.

We were paying less than $1.00 before that.
    stevekozak likes this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    I've been trying to defund the police in my township for decades by voting no on their damn millage increases every flipping year. All they do is harass residents here and act as a clean up crew. No crimes are stopped just reports taken. I don't need no police to protect me or to keep climbing in my wallet.
    Slippy, Chipper, Denton and 3 others like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I think we should do a trial run. All police in the big democratically controlled cities should go out on the “blue flu” for about 4 weeks. Then let’s see what the liberal assholes are calling for!
    This happened once upon a long time ago in Boston https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Police_Strike

It did not go well at all
    Slippy and 0rocky like this.
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    I think defunding should take place at the city/county/state level where desired.

So with that statement, Commmifornia and the peoples republics of NJ, MA, ILL, NY, etc can defund the police as they wish with the caveat that If and when the SHTF there will be zero federal government assistance.

What specifically intrigued me about this concept is in the liberal enclaves of LA, SF and NYC and how the “peaceful “ protesters will then move to the liberal progressive gated communities. The defunded police will not answer calls when the protesters invade the liberals that voted for the policies that resulted in this situation.

Basically, the left destroying the rich left.

This is what I’ll be doing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Defunding the police as presented is a bad idea. I think proper allocation of funding would be appropriate. Some time things like armored vehicles are grant’s specifically for that purpose only. So use it or loose it. Better and improved training. Some of the local cops in rural areas have atrocious pay. Making sure you attract and retain quality people would be a priority. That means washing out those that show they can not handle the job in training or on the streets. It does take funding but wise appropriations of public funds that will Improve quality. JMHO.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links