Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue

27K views 308 replies 39 participants last post by  stevekozak 
#1 ·
Just learning about this situation regarding George Floyd and his death after being arrested by Minneapolis, MN police.

Riots are happening as I type this. Fascinating.

#2 ·
Police Departments have been hiring whatever they can get. This case is utterly indefensible. The Officer (A@#4%6E) with his knee on Floyd's throat is clearly using excessive and illegal force. Any Officer who observed this or participated in it are complicit in homicide. I'm glad I retired. If this is what the profession is becoming, I'm glad I left.

#5 · (Edited)
What the Minneapolis police did was MURDER!!! Plain and simple. Those 4 SOBs need a neck stretching, soon. And should all be in the crowbar hotel, NOW!!! In general prison population.

I'd be rioting too if it was my kin.

Look at what LE did!!!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/awful-video-shows-mn-police-officer-kneeling-black-mans-neck-later-died-4-officers-later-fired/

And where are these 4 SOBs friends now? AWOL!!!!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/looters-raid-target-store-near-minneapolis-midst-george-floyd-protests-steal-tvs-clothes-groceries-no-police-around-video/

#11 ·
I'm of the opinion that they should have been arrested and fired and prosecuted. They should receive their due process, let the appeals process run it's course and the verdict and sentencing mandated by the jury and law be carried out as prescribed. The community at large should let the process run it's course as a civilized society well should, constitutionally and properly.

#19 ·
Why the Hell would a cop feel the need to kill someone in his custody, but it happened.

I wonder if that officer has a brother. You know, maybe a brother who committed a non-violent crime. Maybe he was apprehended and didn't resist. I wonder what the officer would think if his brother was killed in such a manner.

#23 ·
Officers like this make it harder for other cops to do a good job.
The pendulum always swings...

Officers will eventually be restricted to harsh words and red ink pens, but hands-off, thanks to these dirtbags who abused their power.
The people who will NEED to be handled roughly won't be, and someone will get hurt as a result. All thanks to these turds, and those like them, that don't know the meaning of "reasonable force".

I support cops, and by a large margin, they are good people trying to do a good job. But they are being hogtied by their own. That thin blue line is getting thinner every day. Until officers start correcting their own fellow cops, and getting rid of the bad eggs, things will only get worse, for civilians and for themselves.

#31 · (Edited)
I'm with Kauboy on this...

While I believe in the "thin blue line" and appreciate the fine men and women who are out there every day, this is atrocious. The man was cuffed and by all accounts (and a video feed from a restaurant) , complying with the officers. There is no justification for their actions. He is cuffed let the man sit up. This is murder plain and simple.

I would imagine we are all law abiding citizens here and would comply with an officer's request, just as he appears to be doing. This could happen to any of us.

NRG

#29 ·
Since CNN has already claimed it was Trump's fault, we might as well make a few wagers on this;

Whats the "Over/Under" on how long before a "Fakebook" account shows up of the police officer and his NAZI or Aryan tattoos? And how long before it is proven to be a fake?

The first one to post a news article saying that George was a "Gentle giant" and was loved by his entire church community, wins a "moderator of the day" from @Denton

Will a CVS or Will a Walgreens be the first drugstore to burn in the riots?

Has the mayor of Minneapolis, who is in charge of the police dept, throw the whole police department under the bus and act like he knew nothing about any of this?

Will the attorney for the family of George be Gloria Allred or the guy who defended Travon Martin and lost that case?

Will we discover that the cop was following protocol and dept policy approved by the mayor and commisioners?

Will we discover that George did something really bad moments before his arrest like kill a dog or rape an old woman?

Why can't we all just get along and love one another? :vs_love:

#30 ·
The first one to post a news article saying that George was a "Gentle giant" and was loved by his entire church community
They interviewed the man's family on the news here in Houston and that's exactly what they said. He was a gentle giant loved by everybody.

#32 ·
As Kauboy mentioned, we’ll see issues arising from the act and those “issues” will affected the rest of us. As with other incidents, real or fake, the police tend to pull back for fear of being painted with the same brush as the bad cops in Minneapolis. And make no mistake, they were bad cops. That knock on effect is plainly visible in Baltimore and a few other large cities.

Another knock on effect is the painting of all cops as bad and all whites as racist which is a blatant lie but if the media and race baiters say it enough, it will become fact/truth.

And I’ll add something that many may thing think is controversial.... blacks, obviously not all, can be the biggest racists there are. There are white raciest and black racists... I don’t paint the entire population with that label.. but the media and race baiters will paint all whites as racist.

And lastly.. I will not go anywhere without being armed (Not that I ever do anyway) and I’ve told my wife, who has an office in houston, to make sure she pays attention to gatherings/ protests and avoid any potential hot spots.

#37 ·
Years ago, I maintained on this forum that Police have a major PR problem. Participants then did not like what I had to say. I still maintain that police have a major PR problem, for everything from incidents like this, to trying to close businesses based on a Governor's order with no enabling legislation, to thousands of SWAT raids against innocent people every year. I am glad to see the change that has taken place in this group in the years I have been away.

#39 ·
Years ago this forum would have been 100% supportive of the cop. I do not think "cop bashing" is appropriate, but I do think differing opinions should be aired and that is what I see happening here. I think that is a good thing and it shows the group has evolved. I maintain that police in general have a PR problem because of both incidents like this one, and the fact that cops have tended to not be removed despite obvious failures. Some of the posts here acknowledge that the MN police do have a problem, so at least some people are starting to get the point. Perhaps when a majority of this group gets to the point of acknowledging the problem, we can move on to discussing solutions.

and it is not "one incident". It is merely a current incident caught on film.

#44 ·
Again, save your cop-hating comments for another forum.
Stop the asinine assumptions about what we would have done. Half of us were around then, we haven't changed. We support law enforcement in their legal pursuit of justice. We will not turn a blind eye to bad behavior, NOR will we assume a 10 second clip shows the whole story.
Yes, this is ONE incident. That's how these things should always be dealt with. Once incident at a time. Otherwise, we risk turning into you, where every action an officer takes is wrong and all cops are bad.
Each incident deserves fair investigation, period.

"This group" has always been consistent. In general, cops are good. Bad behavior is called out. Our opinions are not swayed by the mob or social justice outcries.
"The problem" is, and has always been, knee-jerk reactions and assumptions made by ignorant people. When *that* group stops the insanity, we can start to get a clearer picture of the real world.

#40 ·
The question I have about the incident is what caused them to take him down in the first place??

He might have flipped out while being put in the cruiser, a guy that big can be a problem even if cuffed.

I make no judgment in either direction without all the facts, and they are not present yet.

Firing the cops without a hearing was a political appeasement move to calm the natives, which it did not.

How many turds showed their gang signs while the places burned behind them???

I am glad I am not on the force here anymore, way to much BS.

#41 ·
You have a good point and I hope the PD will soon release the bodycam footage that will resolve the question. Until then, people are going to believe the worst based on the footage that has been released. If the missing footage shows something favorable to the cops, it is in the best interest of the PD to release it ASAP.

#42 ·
What bodycam footage? They were so busy dodging bullets they didn't have time to turn them on... what with all the life-and-death struggles going on.

#43 · (Edited)
To the best of my knowledge, there were no shots fired during the original incident. Furthermore, there is footage that shows the original contact being very non-violent. There should be bodycam footage any time the PD interacts with the public, so there should be 4 sets of footage from the beginning of the incident. If there is not footage, then they have another problem.

#49 · (Edited)
What I want to see is the LEO receive the same treatment demanded by the thug in Milwuakee that guns down 3 people then claims I didnt doo nothn. Until the officer or officers have their day in court, give them thier right same as anyone. Murder in Milwuakee is up 140% most of it black on black. Not a word for anyone. Most of those caught will do little to no times and they are not even looking for most of the killers.

A large number of black arrested start scereaming making a scene. I can't breath, somebody video this they haten , They beating help help. banging their head on the car ect. So I will wait and see . I do not think anyone charged will have a fair day in court.

#50 ·
What I want to see is the LEO receive the same treatment demanded by the thug in Milwuakee that guns down 3 people then claims I didnt doo nothn. Until the officer or officers have their day in court, give them thier right same as anyone.
Of course they will have their Constitutional rights protected. Too bad they didn't protect the rights of the fellow they killed on camera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.