George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue

This is a discussion on George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Diver You are deliberately misinterpreting my comments. Perhaps all incidents should be considered as standalone situations, but the fact is people have ...

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree754Likes

Thread: George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    You are deliberately misinterpreting my comments. Perhaps all incidents should be considered as standalone situations, but the fact is people have interactions with police every day and if they walk away from those incidents feeling they have been treated unfairly, they are going to walk away not trusting police in general. If police ignore this reality, they should not be surprised to find their community no longer trusts them. People do generalize. That is reality.
    I don't give a rat's ass how people "feel" when they walk away from a police interaction.
    I care about the facts of the interaction.
    Everybody thinks they're being treated unfairly when a figure of authority calls out a misdeed. Human nature is to deny responsibility to avoid hardship. It literally happens in every kind of interaction you can imagine.
    Whining about how it made you feel is pointless. If a court determines you broke the law, you broke the law. If a court determines you didn't, you could potentially get a big payday.
    Follow an officer's orders, and he has no reason to use force against you. Comply, and wait for your day in court.
    We don't have footage between this man being walked away from the initial scene, and the cell phone video with him on the ground. It would be a fairly safe prediction to say he didn't comply, but I'm not putting money on it. We know the officer used excessive force, so we must leave open the possibility that they threw him down and chose to kill him. Until there is evidence of this, however, all we can see is negligent homicide.
    65mustang, Rellgar, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    ........We don't have footage between this man being walked away from the initial scene,...........

Yes we do.

Denton likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Yes we do.

Did you bother to watch that?
    He was walked away, lead to a patrol car in the upper corner of the screen as I described, and then it ends. That's exactly what I was referring to.
    Show me the clip where he was forced to the ground.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

It is now being reported that the arrest was for passing funny money at a deli.
    65mustang and Denton like this.

According to the officer standing guard while his partner ended this man's life, Mr. Floyd resisted getting into the patrol car "for 10 minutes".
    We don't have that footage.
    Not that it would likely change much, but could show officer intent.

Improper application of immobilization techniques, and an officer's lack of regard for the well-being of those in their custody, lead to this man's death.
    Tragic, and completely avoidable.
    Rellgar, Denton, Diver and 2 others like this.

You can see floyd resisting at the very end of the video, the last 2 seconds when they were putting him in the car. It was deliberately ended there, so it would not show the 10 minute struggle resisting the arrest. This was done to maximize the rioting. That explains the motive of the police. Floyd died at the hospital, not under the knee of the cop. What the officer did, may have been improper, even though it is said to be an acceptable procedure of that police department. I would wait for the autopsy and cause of death. I believe many will be surprised by it.
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.

I don't give a rat's ass how people "feel" when they walk away from a police interaction.
    I care about the facts of the interaction.
    Everybody thinks they're being treated unfairly when a figure of authority calls out a misdeed. Human nature is to deny responsibility to avoid hardship. It literally happens in every kind of interaction you can imagine.
    Whining about how it made you feel is pointless. If a court determines you broke the law, you broke the law. If a court determines you didn't, you could potentially get a big payday.
    Follow an officer's orders, and he has no reason to use force against you. Comply, and wait for your day in court.
    We don't have footage between this man being walked away from the initial scene, and the cell phone video with him on the ground. It would be a fairly safe prediction to say he didn't comply, but I'm not putting money on it. We know the officer used excessive force, so we must leave open the possibility that they threw him down and chose to kill him. Until there is evidence of this, however, all we can see is negligent homicide.
    I have no idea what bodycam footage will ultimately appear, but it would be best for the cops involved, not to mention the city as a whole, if some exculpatory footage appeared before the city suffers further destruction. Not releasing footage is a PR mistake.

I take it you don't think that police need public support? They obviously don't have it in MN. How is that working out? How much of the city has to burn before you get the idea that PR matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Rellgar View Post
    You can see floyd resisting at the very end of the video, the last 2 seconds when they were putting him in the car. It was deliberately ended there, so it would not show the 10 minute struggle resisting the arrest. This was done to maximize the rioting. That explains the motive of the police. Floyd died at the hospital, not under the knee of the cop. What the officer did, may have been improper, even though it is said to be an acceptable procedure of that police department. I would wait for the autopsy and cause of death. I believe many will be surprised by it.
    The other officer mentioned Mr. Floyd could have been under the effects of an overdose. No clue if that's true, or a CYA line. If we get the autopsy, that should clear it up.
    Is that why they called the ambulance before the death?
    Did he get injured at some point, so they called the bus, but by the time it arrived he was dead?

So many questions in that missing time.
    Last edited by Kauboy; 05-28-2020 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typo
    StratMaster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    I have no idea what bodycam footage will ultimately appear, but it would be best for the cops involved, not to mention the city as a whole, if some exculpatory footage appeared before the city suffers further destruction. Not releasing footage is a PR mistake.

I take it you don't think that police need public support? They obviously don't have it in MN. How is that working out? How much of the city has to burn before you get the idea that PR matters?
    How long before you understand that PR is subjective?
    You can't please people who don't want to be pleased. That's why so many incidents of "police brutality" go viral online, just to later be disproved.
    People don't like cops. It's akin to racism. They assume too much, apply stereotypes to the group, and justify ill-will toward all of them based on the actions of a few. That's what you're doing.

BTW, there was a body cam vid released, but it was of an officer from across the street, mostly inaudible, and adds nothing to the facts. I have a feeling that might be the only thing we ever get.

Did you bother to watch that?
    He was walked away, lead to a patrol car in the upper corner of the screen as I described, and then it ends. That's exactly what I was referring to.
    Show me the clip where he was forced to the ground.
    You said there's no video showing him being walked away from the scene. That is exactly what it shown.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links