George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue - Page 18
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue

This is a discussion on George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack The simple FACT that they checked for a pulse, couldn't find one...... yet held him in place for 2 ...

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree754Likes

Thread: George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    The simple FACT that they checked for a pulse, couldn't find one...... yet held him in place for 2 more minutes.......... that's murder. Pure and simple.

If you know someone doesn't have a pulse, you don't wait two friggin minutes.
    If it is true that happened, that it something else, in addition to murder. Until we have more information we will not know what that is. There is a lot that is starting to feel very hinky about this situation.

It is a common remedy to breathe into a paperbag or some such thing (like a mask?) when suffering from hyperventilation. IF George had followed his democrat leaders advise and worn a mask, he possibly would still be here?

(One of many things that a man wonders after 5 apple cider beers on a lazy Sunday afternoon...)
    stevekozak likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    The "I can't breathe" statement cannot become an immediate pass. I totally agree. It's overused as it is, and officers can't always assume it's true, letting their guard down and their suspect up.
    However, I've also been in a scenario where I've been under a heavy weight (both my kids sitting on my chest), and my lungs couldn't expand. You can still speak, but you certainly feel like you can't breathe.
    Mr. Floyd had 2 other officers on him that are behind the SUV in the cell video. That could be where his inability to breathe came from. Speculation, of course, since we don't have that angle or the events showing him being taken to the ground.
    Also the new stories coming out of him struggling hard, resisting arrest in those video "gaps". Get yourself COMPLETELY out of breath doing so, and then be compressed where your lungs can't fill and catch up... could easily cause that cardiac episode.
    Kauboy, Slippy and stevekozak like this.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by StratMaster View Post
    Also the new stories coming out of him struggling hard, resisting arrest in those video "gaps". Get yourself COMPLETELY out of breath doing so, and then be compressed where your lungs can't fill and catch up... could easily cause that cardiac episode.
    It could absolutely contribute. The officer applying the knee may not have caused the direct death with his own knee, I can see that being true. However, none of them did anything to prevent the man from dying when they could tell he lost consciousness and could not get a pulse (a tidbit in the article provided by @Slippy ).
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    It could absolutely contribute. The officer applying the knee may not have caused the direct death with his own knee, I can see that being true. However, none of them did anything to prevent the man from dying when they could tell he lost consciousness and could not get a pulse (a tidbit in the article provided by @Slippy ).
    Yep, that's going to be an issue.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    If it is true that happened,............
    It's true.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...strangulation/

At 8:24:24, Mr. Floyd stopped moving.At 8:25:31 the video appears to show Mr. Floyd ceasing to breathe or speak. Lane said, “want to roll him on his side.” Kueng checked Mr. Floyd’s right wrist for a pulse and said, “I couldn’t find one.” None of the officers moved from their positions.
    At 8:27:24, the defendant removed his knee from Mr. Floyd’s neck.
    Last time I went to school, 8:25:31 to 8:27:24 is awful close to two minutes.
    Denton likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Anybody seen the paramedic's report? It should have an awful lot of critical information. Like what time the call went out to the fire house. Like what condition they found him in.

What actions did they take - NARCAN, CPR, AED, or just pack him in the bus and hope for the best.
    stevekozak likes this.
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

It's true.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...strangulation/

Last time I went to school, 8:25:31 to 8:27:24 is awful close to two minutes.
    Your math is correct. I will give you that it was reported in that manner. I am not saying it didn't happen that way. I am saying I don't know. Neither do you. Neither of us was there. We only know what was reported and what we can see from thus far released videos. I don't believe everything I read. And, honestly, in these days of video manipulation, I don't necessarily believe any events that are recorded, that I did not see with my own two eyes. Just because something is written in an official document, disposition, or affidavit, it is not necessarily true. Believe me that I have read hundreds of notarized and court-filed affidavits that were not the truth. This one might be. It also might not be. We don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    Your math is correct. I will give you that it was reported in that manner. I am not saying it didn't happen that way. I am saying I don't know. Neither do you. Neither of us was there. We only know what was reported and what we can see from thus far released videos. I don't believe everything I read. And, honestly, in these days of video manipulation, I don't necessarily believe any events that are recorded, that I did not see with my own two eyes. Just because something is written in an official document, disposition, or affidavit, it is not necessarily true. Believe me that I have read hundreds of notarized and court-filed affidavits that were not the truth. This one might be. It also might not be. We don't know.
    Regardless of whether it was 'recorded' that way, there's several videos out there. If you think they've all been manipulated, then they've all been manipulated exactly the same. That's pretty hard to do.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Regardless of whether it was 'recorded' that way, there's several videos out there. If you think they've all been manipulated, then they've all been manipulated exactly the same. That's pretty hard to do.
    Maybe you have seen videos I have not. Have you seen one that shows the cops checking the perp's pulse count, finding it to be zero, and then continuing to hold the perp down for another (almost) 2 minutes? You may have. I have not. If you had, I hope you will be so kind as to direct me to said video, so I can see it myself. I am not being snarky. I would really like to see that video if it exists.
    Slippy likes this.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links