George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue - Page 17
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue

This is a discussion on George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by Slippy https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...strangulation/ Interesting information in the attached article (link above). If this is true and you believe it, does it change your ...

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree754Likes

Thread: George Floyd dies by Cop in Minneapolis; Riots ensue

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...strangulation/

Interesting information in the attached article (link above). If this is true and you believe it, does it change your perspective?
    A couple of things in that narrative set off alarm bells in my head. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    Nope, a man dies for passing a fake twenty, and now the country is on fire.
    Or;

A man commits a violation of a felony statute (law), fights the police, has a heart condition and an artery condition, continues to resist arrest causing undo stress on his cardiovascular system, the officers do not relent and eventually the suspect expires.

A large number of criminals pillage, burn, steal, property as well as assault and murder innocent people.

These events are (or should be) mutually exclusive.

Just got back to this forum after a long hiatus. Think it's funny all of you condemning an individual without knowing even the basic facts - like what caused Floyd's death. Kind of makes one wonder just how much any of you believe in the US Criminal Justice System. Or is it judge first and to he double hockey sticks with the facts
    Slippy, StratMaster and inceptor like this.
    It's all true, give or take a lie or two.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    Nope, a man dies for passing a fake twenty, and now the country is on fire.
    Did he even know the $20 was fake?

Local bank had been giving out fake $100s, they didn't have a clue until customers started getting busted using the fakes.

We still do not know what he died from. They are already getting the body out of state. I smell cover up. he very well could have been jacked up big time. he could have had COV19. They just assumed he died from the knee case closed.
    Real Old Man and stevekozak like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Let me say this, the phrase "I can't breath" is bull$hit, no one could say anything if the throat was cut off.

He may have had the carotid artery cut off but not the windpipe. He would have past out long before without speaking as he did.

I am betting there was something wrong with him.

Nevertheless, he was used as an excuse for the far left antifa to go bezerk.

There should be a standing order, if someone cocks a hand with any object such as a bottle or a rock to throw at you,

they should be shot without hesitation.

Look at the dumb broad who threw a molotov cocktail into a vehicle with 4 officers in it, they just made it out alive.

There would have been a case for extermination.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    We still do not know what he died from. They are already getting the body out of state. I smell cover up. he very well could have been jacked up big time. he could have had COV19. They just assumed he died from the knee case closed.
    The ME in the county determined he did not suffocate but died from coronary distress. My wife told me she read where he was complaining of not being able to breath before he was on the ground. Also, if your being suffocated, you cannot talk. Anatomical fact.

Doesn’t change the fact that the cop should be prosecuted and was negligent along with an abuse of power; never go to the neck. It will be interesting to see body cams and exactly what caused him to be put on the ground.

Btw, did you see in the MSM the black cop choking the black kid and not letting go? No...Very few did either.

But with the current pandemic... they list the cause... covid-19.
    SOCOM42 and Slippy like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

The simple FACT that they checked for a pulse, couldn't find one...... yet held him in place for 2 more minutes.......... that's murder. Pure and simple.

If you know someone doesn't have a pulse, you don't wait two friggin minutes.
    Denton and Michael_Js like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-v...strangulation/

Interesting information in the attached article (link above). If this is true and you believe it, does it change your perspective?
    It does not alter the perspective as far as the charge is concerned.
    As I provided earlier:
    Minnesota law originally defined third-degree murder solely as depraved-heart murder ("without intent to effect the death of any person, caus[ing] the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life").[7][8] In 1987, an additional drug-related provision ("without intent to cause death, proximately caus[ing] the death of a human being by, directly or indirectly, unlawfully selling, giving away, bartering, delivering, exchanging, distributing, or administering a controlled substance classified in Schedule I or II") was added to the definition of third-degree murder.[7][9] Up until the early 2000s, prosecutions under that provision were rare, but they began to rise in the 2010s. Some reports linked this increase in prosecutions to the opioid epidemic in the United States.[10]
    The officer used a restraint technique that was not approved. He did not consider the well-being of the person in his care (yes, the officer is responsible for the safety and well-being of anyone they have arrested).
    The technique was dangerous, and the officer showed a disregard for human life in utilizing it past any reasonable point of need.
    If the officer had pinned Mr. Floyd for 2-3 minutes until he stopped resisting, sat the man in the patrol car, and he later died, I would reconsider this position.

Bear in mind, I still want to see the events that transpired after Mr. Floyd was brought to the patrol car, but before he was on the ground being restrained. What happened then?
    From the evidence we have, the officer is at fault in so far as that charge is defined.
    It is still up to a jury, of course.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Let me say this, the phrase "I can't breath" is bull$hit, no one could say anything if the throat was cut off.

He may have had the carotid artery cut off but not the windpipe. He would have past out long before without speaking as he did.
    The "I can't breathe" statement cannot become an immediate pass. I totally agree. It's overused as it is, and officers can't always assume it's true, letting their guard down and their suspect up.
    However, I've also been in a scenario where I've been under a heavy weight (both my kids sitting on my chest), and my lungs couldn't expand. You can still speak, but you certainly feel like you can't breathe.
    Mr. Floyd had 2 other officers on him that are behind the SUV in the cell video. That could be where his inability to breathe came from. Speculation, of course, since we don't have that angle or the events showing him being taken to the ground.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links