Grocery stores closing down for 2 weeks? - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Grocery stores closing down for 2 weeks?

This is a discussion on Grocery stores closing down for 2 weeks? within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by paulag1955 Well, no, Spam is disgusting. Agreed...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Grocery stores closing down for 2 weeks?

  1. #61
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    7,402
    Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Well, no, Spam is disgusting.
    Agreed

  2. #62
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Ask BigWheel, he is a fanatic over them!

    It was from his ravings that I bought a dozen cans a couple of years ago.

    The were ok, and I bought a few more dozen to put up.
    Googled it. "Beenee Weenee" I have never seen that product in the store. I haven't seen any Van Kamp's products here in decades.
    inceptor likes this.

  3. #63
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NORTHEAST USA
    Posts
    7,782
    Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Googled it. "Beenee Weenee" I have never seen that product in the store. I haven't seen any Van Kamp's products here in decades.
    I never noticed myself until BW started on how he could survive on just that product.

    Had to look closely for it, hiding on the bottom shelf with the canned beans.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #64
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NORTHEAST USA
    Posts
    7,782
    Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Well, no, Spam is disgusting.
    Let me say this, a long long time ago, when sitting in an old german bunker in the middle of winter,

    that mish mash tasted good to a 19 year old waiting for the Communist hoards to take and run us over.

    There was a big hole in the bunker's wall looked like from an AT round.

    We were in an OP/LP, for almost 4 months with little heat or food,

    when it came, there were cases of C-rats and green cans of Spam.

    They were heated in water from melted snow along with the C-rats, using a USGI helmet on an M-1951 GI stove..

    Sat there manning the 1919 A6 watching the fire lane, eating the crap right out of the can with a fork.

    I will tell you, THEN, it tasted good, did not want to die on an empty stomach either.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 04-08-2020 at 11:25 AM.

  6. #65
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,589
    Of course all bets would be off if I were really hungry. Being a picky eater is one of the privileges of having been born in the United States.
    NewRiverGeorge likes this.

  7. #66
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hiding in plain sight
    Posts
    8,790
    I think I may have found the source of the rumor.

    In LA county they are telling people this is a vital week to not spread the virus so they are ASKING people to not go to the stores this week unless absolutely necessary.

    Instead officials are encouraging people to order supplies on line.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    inceptor likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

  8. #67
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I think I may have found the source of the rumor.

    In LA county they are telling people this is a vital week to not spread the virus so they are ASKING people to not go to the stores this week unless absolutely necessary.

    Instead officials are encouraging people to order supplies on line.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Heh. I hope nobody really needs anything, because getting online orders delivered is not as easy as it sounds. I haven't been able to get a delivery window for Amazon Fresh for weeks.
    inceptor likes this.

  9. #68
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Hiding in plain sight
    Posts
    8,790
    Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Heh. I hope nobody really needs anything, because getting online orders delivered is not as easy as it sounds. I haven't been able to get a delivery window for Amazon Fresh for weeks.
    This is what is funny. The gov officials encourage having things delivered yet fail to find out if deliveries is even an option. Same in CA. It's taking about 5 days.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    inceptor likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

  10. #69
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    This is what is funny. The gov officials encourage having things delivered yet fail to find out if deliveries is even an option. Same in CA. It's taking about 5 days.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    In the Seattle area, I can't even get delivery windows. Which is fine because I don't really want an extra set of hands touching my items anyway.

  11. #70
    Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Central Mtns. Colorado
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Guess it's time to put the 9mm's away and get the 10mm's out.
    Don't you mean the 14 caliber machine guns with the silencers and assaulty things?

 

 
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top