Kentucky Congressman Thomas Massie; Constitutional Patriot OR 3rd Rate ASSHOLE?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Kentucky Congressman Thomas Massie; Constitutional Patriot OR 3rd Rate ASSHOLE? within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Kentucky Congressman Thomas Massie; "On March 27, 2020, in the midst of the coronavirus crisis, Massie forced the return to Washington of members of the ...

View Poll Results: Is KY Rep Thomas Massie a Patriot or an Asshole for attempting to require a Quorom?

Voters
16. This poll is closed
  • Patriot

14 87.50%
  • Asshole

2 12.50%
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By MountainGirl
  • 1 Post By dwight55
  • 2 Post By Robie
  • 3 Post By Kauboy
  • 1 Post By Slippy

Thread: Kentucky Congressman Thomas Massie; Constitutional Patriot OR 3rd Rate ASSHOLE?

Kentucky Congressman Thomas Massie;

"On March 27, 2020, in the midst of the coronavirus crisis, Massie forced the return to Washington of members of the House who were sheltering in place in their districts by threatening a quorum call that would have required an in-person vote on the $2.2 trillion aid package that had passed the Senate by a 96–0 vote. On the House floor, Massie said he was trying to "make sure our republic doesn't die by unanimous consent in an empty chamber." His actions caused widespread concern about endangering Congressmembers by forcing them to gather amid a pandemic."

Many in the main stream media, Pres Trump and John Kerry (and others) came out and vilified Rep Massie.

Do your own research before you answer the poll, but are you in favor of what Congressman Massie attempted to do or do you agree with Trump, Kerry and the media that he is an asshole for doing what he did?

Patriot.
    He knew he wouldn't succeed and stood up anyway.
    God Bless him and every other person who stands up.
    Slippy likes this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

From what I was able to understand, . . . I'd like to shake his hand and say thank you.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Slippy likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I think he was just grandstanding. Trying to pull a Rand Paul move. Knew it would go no where. But look at me thing.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Maybe he was hoping they would all get it and perish.

We could use a political reset.
    Chiefster23 and Slippy like this.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I think he was just grandstanding. Trying to pull a Rand Paul move. Knew it would go no where. But look at me thing.
    If you look at his record, it was par for his course.
    He's regularly voted against excessive spending over and over again. Kentucky picked a good one. The rest of us should take note.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I believe this situation and how Representative Thomas Massie handled it and how the media and other tax payer funded employees reacted is a very important thing to know about.

How individuals amongst We The People view Thomas Massie will be tell tale.
    stevekozak likes this.

With things available like go to meeting why would Congress need to meet in person for more than a few weeks a year. Why not be grassroots and among the folks? Having said that, I am sure there is a lot of fat in what got passed and I agree with his stand in principle. Think of money saved if these people are not flying every week end and have to have two homes.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Slip I'm in his congressional district. While I don't agree with everything he does I'm usually
    on the same page and folks up here seem to like him a lot! He does get out with meet and greets often
    and usually draws a big crowd! He's OK in my book!

Oops...post doubled for some reason..sorry

Sponsored Links