Red and Blue America Arenít Experiencing the Same Pandemic

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Red and Blue America Arenít Experiencing the Same Pandemic within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; An article in The Atlantic is highlighting something we all likely understood to be true. Republican/conservative areas are handling this pandemic much differently than their ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Red and Blue America Arenít Experiencing the Same Pandemic

An article in The Atlantic is highlighting something we all likely understood to be true. Republican/conservative areas are handling this pandemic much differently than their Democrat/liberal counterparts.
    A flurry of new national polls released this week reveals that while anxiety about the disease is rising on both sides of the partisan divide, Democrats consistently express much more concern about it than Republicans do, and they are much more likely to say they have changed their personal behavior as a result. A similar gap separates people who live in large metropolitan centers, which have become the foundation of the Democratic electoral coalition, from those who live in the small towns and rural areas that are the modern bedrock of the GOP.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...avirus/608395/

Small town rural certainly has the advantage here. They are more independent and self-sufficient than their big city opposites. They are less densely populated, which inherently hinders the spread. And they tend to favor personal liberty over panicked "safety measures".

To most of us, this is a "Well, duh!" moment.
    Another silver lining to all this... The pandemic might just pop a few liberal bubbles, and get them into the real world and away from their fantasies about gumdrops and lollipops. The real world is harsh, and often unforgiving. You need to be prepared to meet it.
    And to those that won't learn the lesson... well, they are at greater risk of contracting this, and we might see a "stupidity die off" in the near future.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    An article in The Atlantic is highlighting something we all likely understood to be true. Republican/conservative areas are handling this pandemic much differently than their Democrat/liberal counterparts.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...avirus/608395/

Small town rural certainly has the advantage here. They are more independent and self-sufficient than their big city opposites. They are less densely populated, which inherently hinders the spread. And they tend to favor personal liberty over panicked "safety measures".

To most of us, this is a "Well, duh!" moment.
    Another silver lining to all this... The pandemic might just pop a few liberal bubbles, and get them into the real world and away from their fantasies about gumdrops and lollipops. The real world is harsh, and often unforgiving. You need to be prepared to meet it.
    And to those that won't learn the lesson... well, they are at greater risk of contracting this, and we might see a "stupidity die off" in the near future.
    Excellent thread.
    And we (small, rural, red areas) do have an advantage when it comes to virus exposure... but sadly, we're still subjected to the lockdown/shutdown mandates of the libtard State powers. Now..as far as 'enforcement' goes - we might have an advantage there too, on the down low - but even in the small town near us is a population of 'under 30s' that live online and have been indoctrinated into the 'woke greater good'. So far, we outnumber them, and maybe that will be enough when this is all over. Hope so.
    Kauboy, Slippy and inceptor like this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Stopping in at some of the gun shops around town over the last couple of days and every conversation I have had with them is that probably 75% of the people buying guns this past 2 weeks are first timers, mostly young college type kids, millennial's, and blacks. Most gun sales guys can tell left from right, no question the left is scared. Go figure. Now that their life may depend on it, the left has rethought that whole 2A thing. Freakin hypocrites!
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Stopping in at some of the gun shops around town over the last couple of days and every conversation I have had with them is that probably 75% of the people buying guns this past 2 weeks are first timers, mostly young college type kids, millennial's, and blacks. Most gun sales guys can tell left from right, no question the left is scared. Go figure. Now that their life may depend on it, the left has rethought that whole 2A thing. Freakin hypocrites!
    Scary time for people to be buying their first firearm. Sign at walmart today guns and ammo can Not be returned.
    Prepared One and inceptor like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

So we have a bunch of left wing retards buying guns without any training or knowledge in their use. Great! So how many injuries are we gonna see from accidental discharges and how many unjustified shootings are we gonna see in the near future? Hopefully zero. But in any event, left wing politicians will use these incidents to justify claims for more anti-gun regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Scary time for people to be buying their first firearm. Sign at walmart today guns and ammo can Not be returned.
    The guy in my office who was asking me about guns the last couple of months finally went out and found one yesterday at Academy. He had to drive to two of them before he found a M&P 2.0 9mm that I recommended would be good for a first timer. He has never shot a gun in his life. Scary.
    Slippy likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I'm gonna give everyone the opportunity to change their minds about things; especially when they change them in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    I'm gonna give everyone the opportunity to change their minds about things; especially when they change them in the right direction.
    I agree MG. I just shutter to think what these people who have just now decided a gun is a good thing to have will do to themselves and others without any knowledge or at least the most basic rudimentary training. Once this crises passes, most will throw it in a drawer and never look at it again.
    inceptor likes this.

I agree MG. I just shutter to think what these people who have just now decided a gun is a good thing to have will do to themselves and others without any knowledge or at least the most basic rudimentary training. Once this crises passes, most will throw it in a drawer and never look at it again.
    And the downside is?
    Prepared One and inceptor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    And the downside is?
    I am going to help the guy at work and take him to the range when things settle a bit. He is interested in learning. His wife was pissed he bought it, I ain't helping him with that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links