"Not exactly gloating, stockpiling ‘preppers’ have a moment"
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on "Not exactly gloating, stockpiling ‘preppers’ have a moment" within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; According to an AP News article, there is a bit more legitimacy coming to the prepping community, and a specific call out to indicate that ...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: "Not exactly gloating, stockpiling ‘preppers’ have a moment"

According to an AP News article, there is a bit more legitimacy coming to the prepping community, and a specific call out to indicate that most are not "Doomsday Preppers".
    For those in the often-mocked “prepper” community, this is quickly becoming their “I told you so” moment. But many are resisting saying that, even if it’s in the back of their minds. What they hope is that they’ll finally be taken seriously and that more people will follow their lead.
    “We’re not laughing. We’re not saying, ‘I told you so,’ when people are out there fighting over toilet paper and hand sanitizers,” said Paul Buescher, of Northfield Center Township, Ohio.
    Most preppers say they are about self-reliance and common sense and are quick to distance themselves from the “doomsday preppers” who are depicted on television shows awaiting the day most of the world’s population is wiped off the map.

“The vast majority of this is ‘beans and Band-Aids,’ not ‘bullets and bunkers,’” Ramey said.
    https://apnews.com/355c96b2eebe575e42a2bb4dcdd2d7fc

A fair and decent depiction, I'd say. They did well, and hopefully people will start considering preparedness as normal, they way it used to be.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Thanks @Kauboy

Its no surprise, we have had a couple of family members asking for help on some items that they are out of and cannot find! Decisions, decisions...

Been asked by one of the A-hole neighbors how I was sitting. Only time I see this prick is when he needs something. Told him I got caught off guard after the long winter and in no better shape then he is. Been waiting for my tax return to resupply but it's to late now. Asked if he could help me out and he walked away.

Lock and load and stay home. For security reasons not cause of the virus.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Early on I was talking to my coworkers that while it's not time to panic it is time to get some things in order. I got the "its no big deal', 'its just the flu', 'you just want the chance to use the stuff you bought'. Now they're taking things more seriously.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by NotTooProudToHide View Post
    Early on I was talking to my coworkers that while it's not time to panic it is time to get some things in order. I got the "its no big deal', 'its just the flu', 'you just want the chance to use the stuff you bought'. Now they're taking things more seriously.
    Don't you keep your preps on the down low? The only people who know I do are my daughters.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Don't you keep your preps on the down low? The only people who know I do are my daughters.
    I don't discuss specifics, but I do openly advocate being prepared. My philosophy is that if I can influence someone to take the time to get squared away that is one less desperate person in times of need.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

My son was shocked to see people fighting over toilet paper. We had a talk about this is why your mother and I try to have a surplus of items on hand for just in case. It also drove home the point of why it’s necessary to be armed so you keep your supplies.
    SOCOM42, dwight55, KUSA and 8 others like this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

My friend phoned and told me that a guy got thrown out the supermarket for attempting to buy 10x 500g bags of pasta. The limit is two bags per person. He tried to square up to the assistant when security stepped in. This is the U.K. three meals away from anarchy.

Keep an eye out for operation Broadshare in the UK. When that happens it’s getting difficult.

Fangfarrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I'm an ant... and just watching all the grasshoppers go crazy.
    I try not to make plans much. The word 'premeditated' would get tossed around in court.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Glad I’m a Prepper!
    I have a bad lower disk, it seems. Happened last week. Went to the chiropractor three times but now he won’t touch me. He’s sure I’m going under the knife as soon as my orthopedic surgeon can fit me into the schedule.
    I can barely walk.
    Glad we were already ready.

Speaking of which, you never know when your own SHTF situation occurs.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links