"Not exactly gloating, stockpiling ‘preppers’ have a moment" - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

"Not exactly gloating, stockpiling ‘preppers’ have a moment"

This is a discussion on "Not exactly gloating, stockpiling ‘preppers’ have a moment" within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; I was quite surprised over the week-end when wife came up to me and said " We are in good shape to handle this thing, ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: "Not exactly gloating, stockpiling ‘preppers’ have a moment"

I was quite surprised over the week-end when wife came up to me and
    said " We are in good shape to handle this thing, thank you!" Took over 20 years to hear that
    from her but it felt good!

Quote Originally Posted by Kauboy View Post
    According to an AP News article, there is a bit more legitimacy coming to the prepping community, and a specific call out to indicate that most are not "Doomsday Preppers".

https://apnews.com/355c96b2eebe575e42a2bb4dcdd2d7fc

A fair and decent depiction, I'd say. They did well, and hopefully people will start considering preparedness as normal, they way it used to be.
    This crazy bug has got me wishing I had took prepping more serious. kick kick.
    Denton, Slippy, Kauboy and 2 others like this.

Don't recall who or even which forum, . . . but 3 or 4 weeks ago, . . . prepping was mentioned, . . . and the subject of toilet paper came up.

We have some extra, . . . but I had never thought it thru, . . . I did that day, . . . next time we hit the grocery, . . . grabbed about 15 or 16 spare rolls. My wife rolled her eyes at me, . . . not sure she even wanted to be seen with me with all that TP and two extra batches of paper towels.

In the kitchen this AM, . . . I got a "kind of" apology, . . . she's on my prepping side now, . . . and probably forever.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Denton, Slippy, Kauboy and 5 others like this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Don't recall who or even which forum, . . . but 3 or 4 weeks ago, . . . prepping was mentioned, . . . and the subject of toilet paper came up.

We have some extra, . . . but I had never thought it thru, . . . I did that day, . . . next time we hit the grocery, . . . grabbed about 15 or 16 spare rolls. My wife rolled her eyes at me, . . . not sure she even wanted to be seen with me with all that TP and two extra batches of paper towels.

In the kitchen this AM, . . . I got a "kind of" apology, . . . she's on my prepping side now, . . . and probably forever.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Wasn’t it @bigwheel mid Feb??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Glad I’m a Prepper!
    I have a bad lower disk, it seems. Happened last week. Went to the chiropractor three times but now he won’t touch me. He’s sure I’m going under the knife as soon as my orthopedic surgeon can fit me into the schedule.
    I can barely walk.
    Glad we were already ready.

Speaking of which, you never know when your own SHTF situation occurs.
    I'm sorry to hear about your back. I'll be praying for you.

@Denton . Sorry to hear about your back. I know it’s painful from personal experience. And it couldn’t happen at a worst time. Take care!
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Been asked by one of the A-hole neighbors how I was sitting. Only time I see this prick is when he needs something. Told him I got caught off guard after the long winter and in no better shape then he is. Been waiting for my tax return to resupply but it's to late now. Asked if he could help me out and he walked away.
    I use the same technique to deal with people like that.
    inceptor and NewRiverGeorge like this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Went to the store yesterday and bought some cinnamon rolls and 1/2lb of turkey and 1/2 lb of ham cold cuts for lunch. The people waiting in line with packed carts looked at me like as was stupid. One finally asked me if I had done all of my shopping the day before, and if so, didn’t I want to stock up some more? I said no and that I was good. That was a mistake. I should have ignored them.
    inceptor likes this.
    Suck it up buttercup.

My Dad called me yesterday and said who is crazy now? Certainly not you, he said, as he proceeded to tell me of his great quest to find TP on Sunday. At the 5th store he was able to purchase one 12 roll package.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I have been trying to persuade my wife for years on prepping. She rolls her eyes and then we get into an argument. I think she is starting to see the light,

She has been asking me about drilling a well and putting up solar panels. If this think get backs to normal, I believe we be getting more serious.
    Slippy, Kauboy, inceptor and 3 others like this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links