badboy on sun - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

badboy on sun

This is a discussion on badboy on sun within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; Originally Posted by paraquack I can just hear Obama's announcement. "My fellow American's, I just read in the newspaper that a large sun sp..." But ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: badboy on sun

Quote Originally Posted by paraquack View Post
    I can just hear Obama's announcement. "My fellow American's, I just read in the newspaper that a large sun sp..."
    But even if he did announce it, would you believe him???

Could you imagine the run on the super markets and Best Buy and Walmart?
    Lol, the thought of people looting best buy for burned up iphones and big screens makes me smile. But then I shudder at the thought that all those people will be hungry (probably from working up a sweat stealing a 60" flatscreen) and looking for a free meal.

I'm not recommending this, mind you...

But if an EMP or solar flare knocks out all electronics, setting up at 200yds from a Best Buy entrance will yield some great target practice, and you'll be helping yourself in the long run by eliminating idiots.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

I've got a lot of ammo but I don't know if I got that much.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Banned

It?s baaack! Giant sunspot returns - National | Globalnews.ca

just a correction to last time there were some flares x and m but no cme. This time there is a higher chance about 5% of is she at me which is much worse than a flare the flares alone last time cause 2 major blackouts see substantial cme would be much much worse
    Last edited by Will2; 11-14-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post

just a crack to last time there were some flares awful text them to type but this time around the there could be a c_m_e more likely I turned in katy of a sense but hut there were no seans last time but there were couple blocks it's cuz but this solar flares

"
    I'm so confused.

Banned

just read article

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    just read article
    I did lol... <3

Banned

you might want to check out this video too
    GIANT SUNSPOT 2209/X FLARE WATCH.:

Well gee thanks Will, that should give me great dreams tonight.... NOT! Cool video though, thanks for sharing it.

Because 2209 has been "working" for so long and has continued to dominate the region it is more likely to produce CMEs than it was the last time it was "earth facing".

It still requires a very close hit to do much damage and the odds are in our favor - but it could set one off that would intersect with the Earth's position the 2 - 7 days after the event. If you watch space weather - and you should check it daily - you will have time to disconnect your home from the grid before it hits.

Also - none of your appliances or electronics will be damaged unless they are connected to the grid and get a big spike from the grid. CMEs and solar flares don't produce the E1 pulse that destroy electronics - that only happens with high altitude nuclear detonations - 40 or more miles in altitude. Satelites are destroyed by the direct effect of partical bombardment, not from EMPs.

BagLady and Kahlan like this.
    Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: First a right to life, secondly to liberty, and thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can.
    Samuel Adams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links