Coronavirus now spreading worldwide - Page 41
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coronavirus now spreading worldwide

This is a discussion on Coronavirus now spreading worldwide within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; China will never admit failure. Their numbers will be low.....

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree595Likes

Thread: Coronavirus now spreading worldwide

China will never admit failure. Their numbers will be low..
    KUSA, Denton and Annie like this.
    Anonymous — 'Beware the quiet man. For while others speak, he watched. And while others act, he plans. And when they finally rest… he strikes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    China's not to be trusted with their reporting, much less with anything else for that matter.
    actually, I think chinas numbers arent too far off.
    Initially, they were not testing the sick.. and labelling deaths as pneumonia...
    once their testing capability caught up... they were testing and documenting their deaths better.

the difference between the later deaths with CHina, vs Italy vs Korea, vs singapore..
    is the speed of the response.. and the completeness, and the cooperation of the populace...

the key to containing a pandemic is early lockdown and population cooperation. (asian countries singapore, s korea, hong kong, as well as germany) countries/areas which don't do well with cooperation... (aka Italy, new york, Cali, and soon alabama (drove by stores.... people are getting their nails done... (wtf... how f ' ing stupid are people)

next.. there will still be transmission within families.. households.... so quick and accurate diagnosis is essential, so contact isolation and a public health infrastructure which can rapidly track down and isolate potential contacts is key.
    the asian countries have experience with h1n1, sars, swine flue... and a robust infrastructure... as they have dealt with previous epidemics.. singapore and s korea in particular had very very rapid response... with new high tech phone aps.. and national organization of the response...

next ... a robust health care system with the ability to take care of many pts with respiratory issues... unfortunately... many countries such as Italy have a higher number of older patients... and a high number of smokers...
    despite the urgent need for robust response the EU, and italian govt were slow to respond... doctors were begging the govt for help.. even complaining they were having to pick and choose who were most likely to benefit from care.. leaving the elderly to die...
    in fact the govt threatened to prosecute doctors for age discrimination... rather than assist them obtain help and supplies... (govt should stay out of everything but the bare minimum... )

any ways.... the chinese team of experts who travelled to italy to assist the docs there... were complaining on chinese media, that the italians are disorganized.. they dont follow advice.. and they dont follow authority.. everyone kinda does whatever they want.. rather than a disciplined organized team... its individuals... this is why they are getting worse every day.. and the germans.. who started at the same time .. are having a fraction of the growth....

I fear that here in alabama... we are going to be italy soon... not s korea...
    look at NY... those folks... they are italy... they are complaining 'don't tell me what to do.. you can't tell me what to do...' I'm gonna go and party ... go to the movies... ride the subway..... now look at them... they are screaming for help.. and pointing the blame at everyone else...

I think if every state doesnt lock down soon, and declare martial law... we'll be italy...
    2 days ago we only had 2 pts in the hospital with covid...
    now i think we have 6-8... and it's growing rapidly.. the number of people coming in with it to the ER....
    there was a party down the street from me 3 days ago... a friggin party... bbq in the back yard.. 20 cars parked on our street... wtf?
    SGG and Chiefster23 like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDOC View Post
    actually, I think chinas numbers arent too far off.
    Initially, they were not testing the sick.. and labelling deaths as pneumonia...
    once their testing capability caught up... they were testing and documenting their deaths better.

the difference between the later deaths with CHina, vs Italy vs Korea, vs singapore..
    is the speed of the response.. and the completeness, and the cooperation of the populace...

the key to containing a pandemic is early lockdown and population cooperation. (asian countries singapore, s korea, hong kong, as well as germany)
    Singapore and S. Korea did a fantastic job containing this thing for sure. They got right on the ball with testing and isolation. Germany I didn't know about. Not sure there. We'll see.

....countries/areas which don't do well with cooperation... (aka Italy, new york, Cali, and soon alabama (drove by stores.... people are getting their nails done... (wtf... how f ' ing stupid are people)

next.. there will still be transmission within families.. households.... so quick and accurate diagnosis is essential, so contact isolation and a public health infrastructure which can rapidly track down and isolate potential contacts is key.
    the asian countries have experience with h1n1, sars, swine flue... and a robust infrastructure... as they have dealt with previous epidemics.. singapore and s korea in particular had very very rapid response... with new high tech phone aps.. and national organization of the response...

next ... a robust health care system with the ability to take care of many pts with respiratory issues... unfortunately... many countries such as Italy have a higher number of older patients... and a high number of smokers...
    despite the urgent need for robust response the EU, and italian govt were slow to respond... doctors were begging the govt for help.. even complaining they were having to pick and choose who were most likely to benefit from care.. leaving the elderly to die...
    in fact the govt threatened to prosecute doctors for age discrimination... rather than assist them obtain help and supplies... (govt should stay out of everything but the bare minimum... )

any ways.... the chinese team of experts who travelled to italy to assist the docs there... were complaining on chinese media, that the italians are disorganized.. they dont follow advice.. and they dont follow authority.. everyone kinda does whatever they want.. rather than a disciplined organized team... its individuals... this is why they are getting worse every day.. and the germans.. who started at the same time .. are having a fraction of the growth....

I fear that here in alabama... we are going to be italy soon... not s korea...
    look at NY... those folks... they are italy... they are complaining 'don't tell me what to do.. you can't tell me what to do...' I'm gonna go and party ... go to the movies... ride the subway..... now look at them... they are screaming for help.. and pointing the blame at everyone else...

I think if every state doesnt lock down soon, and declare martial law... we'll be italy...
    2 days ago we only had 2 pts in the hospital with covid...
    now i think we have 6-8... and it's growing rapidly.. the number of people coming in with it to the ER....
    there was a party down the street from me 3 days ago... a friggin party... bbq in the back yard.. 20 cars parked on our street... wtf?
    I absolutely agree with you that the Chinese have it over us on lockdowns and yes it helped to control the pandemic--late in the game. But their police were literally locking people into buildings and dragging those who violated the lockdowns off like they were a piece of last week's garbage to be thrown into a dumpster.

ETA: and no, I don't believe China's cases have miraculously dropped to what they're reporting. They have been and continue to lie about the numbers of deaths and infected.

We are screwed already if the numbers in Italy are correct. Not only will the hospitals be overwhelmed but the cost per visit, if I what I heard is correct is over 34k. Nothing is gonna be the same after this runs it's course.
    Last edited by Annie; 03-21-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    BamaDOC likes this.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Singapore and S. Korea did a fantastic job containing this thing for sure. They got right on the ball with testing and isolation. Germany I didn't know about. Not sure there. We'll see.

I absolutely agree with you that the Chinese have it over us on lockdowns and yes it helped to control the pandemic--late in the game. But their police were literally locking people into buildings and dragging those who violated the lockdowns off like they were a piece of last week's garbage to be thrown into a dumpster.

ETA: and no, I don't believe China's cases have miraculously dropped to what they're reporting. They have been and continue to lie about the numbers of deaths and infected.

We are screwed already if the numbers in Italy are correct. Not only will the hospitals be overwhelmed but the cost per visit, if I what I heard is correct is over 34k. Nothing is gonna be the same after this runs it's course.
    I havent even thought of the financial cost of medical care...
    right now.. my coworkers are terrified of contracting the disease
    what it will do to them. and what will happen if they take it home to their families...
    Annie likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDOC View Post
    I havent even thought of the financial cost of medical care...
    right now.. my coworkers are terrified of contracting the disease
    what it will do to them. and what will happen if they take it home to their families...
    I know, it's just so much to consider.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Slippy likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post

How do you explain this obsession with toilet paper? Have people run out of mis-matched socks? Because I'm far more concerned with not having water than I am about going without t.p.

How do you explain this obsession with toilet paper? Have people run out of mis-matched socks? Because I'm far more concerned with not having water than I am about going without t.p.
    I actually donated 6 rolls of TP to my stepson’s girlfriend and her family today. I’m not joking, they were out and had dirty butts. What a crazy time we live in.
    Annie and Slippy like this.

I understand the concept of self isolation and staying away from others, So we do that for 3 or 4 weeks, Then what ? Do you just expect this to go away ? Are things going to be back to normal at that point ?

Not hardly, We are 12-18 MONTHS from a vaccine. The economy WILL NOT survive that long. There is NO scenario where this ends or even gets better in a few weeks or even a couple of months. All it will take is one infected person after the quarantine and it will start all over again.

Explain to me how I am wrong !

This is an extinction event.
    Last edited by Demitri.14; 03-21-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    I actually donated 6 rolls of TP to my stepson’s girlfriend and her family today. I’m not joking, they were out and had dirty butts. What a crazy time we live in.
    You're a good man to help. But oh my gosh, don't let them get used to it. Next time tell them to use their imaginations for butt wipes. They can do it, sure.
    KUSA likes this.

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links