Coronavirus now spreading worldwide - Page 13
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coronavirus now spreading worldwide

This is a discussion on Coronavirus now spreading worldwide within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; And more note the year of the prediction of the pandemic Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree610Likes

Thread: Coronavirus now spreading worldwide

And more note the year of the prediction of the pandemic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coronavirus outbreak slashes China carbon emissions: study

The coronavirus epidemic that has paralysed the Chinese economy may have a silver lining for the environment.

China's carbon emissions have dropped by least 100 million metric tonnes over the past two weeks, according to a study published on Wednesday by the Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) in Finland.

That is nearly six percent of global emissions during the same period last year.

The rapid spread of the novel coronavirus—which has killed over 2,000 and infected more than 74,000 people across China—has led to a drop in demand for coal and oil, resulting in the emissions slump, the study published on the British-based Carbon Brief website said.

Over the past two weeks, daily power generation at coal power plants was at a four-year low compared with the same period last year, while steel production has sunk to a five-year low, researchers found.

China is the world's biggest importer and consumer of oil, but production at refineries in Shandong province—the country's petroleum hub—fell to the lowest level since autumn 2015, the report said.

Economic activity in China usually picks up after the Lunar New Year holiday, which began on January 25.

But authorities extended the holidays this year—by a week in many parts of the country including Shanghai—in an effort to contain the epidemic by keeping people at home.

"Measures to contain coronavirus have resulted in reductions of 15 percent to 40 percent in output across key industrial sectors," the report said.

"This is likely to have wiped out a quarter or more of the country's CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions over the past two weeks, the period when activity would normally have resumed after the Chinese New Year holiday."

https://phys.org/news/2020-02-corona...na-carbon.html

Quote Originally Posted by jimLE View Post
    Coronavirus outbreak slashes China carbon emissions: study

The coronavirus epidemic that has paralysed the Chinese economy may have a silver lining for the environment.

China's carbon emissions have dropped by least 100 million metric tonnes over the past two weeks, according to a study published on Wednesday by the Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) in Finland.

That is nearly six percent of global emissions during the same period last year.

The rapid spread of the novel coronavirus—which has killed over 2,000 and infected more than 74,000 people across China—has led to a drop in demand for coal and oil, resulting in the emissions slump, the study published on the British-based Carbon Brief website said.

Over the past two weeks, daily power generation at coal power plants was at a four-year low compared with the same period last year, while steel production has sunk to a five-year low, researchers found.

China is the world's biggest importer and consumer of oil, but production at refineries in Shandong province—the country's petroleum hub—fell to the lowest level since autumn 2015, the report said.

Economic activity in China usually picks up after the Lunar New Year holiday, which began on January 25.

But authorities extended the holidays this year—by a week in many parts of the country including Shanghai—in an effort to contain the epidemic by keeping people at home.

"Measures to contain coronavirus have resulted in reductions of 15 percent to 40 percent in output across key industrial sectors," the report said.

"This is likely to have wiped out a quarter or more of the country's CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions over the past two weeks, the period when activity would normally have resumed after the Chinese New Year holiday."

https://phys.org/news/2020-02-corona...na-carbon.html
    Not buying it. even if 76,000 people died it would be nothing compared to the number of people. Stuff like this counts on most people having no idea what is going on.
    Estimated population of China is 1,500,323,776 Even 76,000 dead would not make a dent.
    Michael_Js, Slippy, SGG and 1 others like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Look at the infection rates to deaths.

Two countries stick out:

China and Iran.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...W&utm_content=

Then look further down.

Three countries have an exponential rate of increase in infections - the US is one of those three.

This is just the start.

Last edited by fangfarrier; 02-22-2020 at 02:55 AM.

Eyes on Iran everyone

https://www.voanews.com/science-heal...d-iranian-city

July/August could be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by fangfarrier View Post

wtf? That is so scary
    Michael_Js likes this.

I'm a bit concerned that China has gone into a third iteration of case reporting and the numbers have ceased to be reported in any way shape or form.

I was more comfortable with phony numbers than none at all.
    I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here. I don't belong here.

Reports today show this bug popping up all over. Most worrisome is that in some cases authorities cannot identify the original person starting these infection clusters. In particular, Iran. An article I just finished reading says that identifying and quarantining all exposed persons is now pretty much impossible. I think it is safe to assume ‘the cat is now out of the bag’.

Quote Originally Posted by fangfarrier View Post

Predictive programming.

Snopes "debunked" it as a prediction. Althought the debunking makes some unfounded assumptions (that this is not man made really has yet to be validated)...and of course it is Snopes so we know there is bias involved. The truth probably lay somewhere in between what is being reported and what Koontz wrote. The physical book cannot be bought for any reasonable price right now. Maybe a lucky find at a thrift store.
    Smitty901 and A Watchman like this.
    I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here. I don't belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    Reports today show this bug popping up all over. Most worrisome is that in some cases authorities cannot identify the original person starting these infection clusters. In particular, Iran. An article I just finished reading says that identifying and quarantining all exposed persons is now pretty much impossible. I think it is safe to assume ‘the cat is now out of the bag’.
    With some knowledge of Iran would you set up if exposed or infected ? Good chance your head would be cut off and body burned never to be heard from again. China/Iran both countries with 100% ruthless rule. The rate of infection and speed of the spread should tell people something about their form of government.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links