Majority of Americans (polled) Find Fault With First Amendment
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Majority of Americans (polled) Find Fault With First Amendment within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; The Campaign for Free Speech found that 51% of Americans think the 1st Amendment is outdated and should be re-written. Time to ask your children ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Majority of Americans (polled) Find Fault With First Amendment

The Campaign for Free Speech found that 51% of Americans think the 1st Amendment is outdated and should be re-written.

Time to ask your children and grandchildren what they think about this and if they are opposed to the 1st Amendment, well its time to take them out of whatever school they are attending and for good measure slap the crap out of yourself for dereliction of Patriotic Duty.

Read the article and chime in please.

https://www.wnd.com/2019/10/majority...1st-amendment/

Good thing the Founding Fathers were wise enough to make altering "unpossible" for my lifetime.

Super Moderator

Great, Sippy, you posted this article that I was going to cover in the podcast, tonight.
    I’m still going to do so.
    dwight55 and Slippy like this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Great, Sippy, you posted this article that I was going to cover in the podcast, tonight.
    I’m still going to do so.
    Maybe I'm really you and you're really me and we live in this alternate universe world type thing?
    A Watchman and Denton like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Maybe I'm really you and you're really me and we live in this alternate universe world type thing?
    Stop it! I’ve been dealing with confusing pilots and clueless management all day!
    Slippy likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The Good Cop

The First Amendment also covers freedom of religion, which is just as important as free speech.

Think about it, "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of a religion, nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof"
    In other words, homosexuality is against your beliefs and you're a wedding cake baker? You can not be forced to bake one for Jim and Bob's wedding.
    A doctor can not be forced to perform an abortion if he or she believes in the sanctity of life.

Those are just two examples of many that could be made.
    Prepared One, Slippy and dwight55 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Like I said on your podcast thread Denton. Who is deciding hate speech? This is simply a way that the left can control the narrative. The left wants to ban everything, including your right to make an argument for your cause. They can't win the argument so they seek to remove you and the argument entirely. There is a war going on for this country, this republic, and the constitution.
    dwight55 likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Like I said on your podcast thread Denton. Who is deciding hate speech? This is simply a way that the left can control the narrative. The left wants to ban everything, including your right to make an argument for your cause. They can't win the argument so they seek to remove you and the argument entirely. There is a war going on for this country, this republic, and the constitution.
    As much as it has gone down hill, . . . I believe Reagan said it, . . . "If we lose this place, we are done, . . . ain't no place to go to".

Sadly, . . . I'm afraid it will end up in conflict, . . . this one will make the 1860's look like a Sunday school picnic, . . . especially if an EMP or something of the sort is the Ft. Sumpter of the conflict.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Prepared One likes this.
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    As much as it has gone down hill, . . . I believe Reagan said it, . . . "If we lose this place, we are done, . . . ain't no place to go to".

Sadly, . . . I'm afraid it will end up in conflict, . . . this one will make the 1860's look like a Sunday school picnic, . . . especially if an EMP or something of the sort is the Ft. Sumpter of the conflict.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    The left will only get more and more desperate. Don't think there is not only a plan A, but a plan B, C, and D, as well. Multi faceted and along many different fronts, they will steadily move the agenda forward.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    The First Amendment also covers freedom of religion, which is just as important as free speech.
    "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of a religion, nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof".
    @RPD, I'm glad you posted the actual verbiage, I was about to do the same. Frankly, if you have the 1st and 2nd Amendments in place, the rest of the rights can be clearly enforced quite easily.

I would have liked to see changes in the 3rd Amendment, however. Something like, "Be advised, a bright red coat can be both seen and hit at 200 yards by any farmer with a flintlock."
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links