Turkey starts attacks on Kurds - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Turkey starts attacks on Kurds

This is a discussion on Turkey starts attacks on Kurds within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; While I want our troops out of that Middle East hell hole of a snake pit, I am as well, more then willing to concede ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Turkey starts attacks on Kurds

While I want our troops out of that Middle East hell hole of a snake pit, I am as well, more then willing to concede that Trump, once again handled the situation badly. Deciding foreign and military policy via twitter and not consulting the experts beforehand is reckless and dangerous. I fear as well, his ego and mouth will eventually, one day, bite off more then we want to chew. Despite Trumps rhetoric to the contrary, he is not the smartest man in the room. (I have my doubts that he is not even the forth or fifth smartest in the room) While I agree with some of his policies and he has done some good things with the courts, economy, etc., I don't like him nor do I trust him.

As far as the Kurds are concerned, they were intimately aware of the geopolitics, where they are, and the position they were in. Yet they were willing to be the enemy of thy enemy knowing the possible outcomes. While I definitely think their situation could have been handled better, (A negotiated exit would have been preferable) do we necessarily commit troops to their well being for eternity? Would they not put a knife in our back if the opportunity presented itself in the future? No and yes respectively.

The ME is a never ending quagmire and I have seen no answers in the 60 years I have been on this planet. How much longer do we immerse ourselves in a futile never ending endeavor? Write the words "Middle East" on a couple of hundred nuclear missiles, point them in that direction, and tell them to keep their stupid silly non ending tribal wars to themselves.

P.S. I think in reality we will never, truly, be out of the ME. As well, I am still of the opinion that when and if WWIII starts, it will come out of that hell hole the Middle East.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 10-10-2019 at 08:07 AM.
    Chiefster23, Denton and Inor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

@Prepared One, no one is as skeptical of our "leaders" than me. Having said that, I have found that while we might find these men "foolhardy," it takes a guy with a superior spine to state his position and lead us out of fear and into a prepared peace.

Think of George Armstrong Custer. This man was foolish, a braggart, and got 110 soldiers killed for nothing. If he failed at anything it was his in his discourse to his superiors about his views on westward expansion and American Indians. Yes, he got his butt handed to him, but it doesn't mean he wasn't correct.

Up until a few weeks ago, we had American soldiers in the violent areas of the Middle East. This is a "lose/lose" proposition and even I would have pulled out our soldiers after consulting the tea leaves. If the entire Middle East burned to the ground what, if anything, would happen to America?

I believe nothing has happened or will happen. What we buy from foreign countries comes primarily from China and Japan. Our 'friendly' allies are England, France (maybe) and Germany.

Again, when it comes to the Middle East I think the best advice I give is, "If the boys wanna fight you'd better let 'em."

The United States is now oil independent. It's time to let the idiots decide their own fate.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

Nothing to see here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Oh Mish! LOL. You’re going to use a 7 year old tweet from Ivanka to prove Trump is killing Kurds for money? I’m done here. It’s impossible to have a rational discussion with a lefty.

@Chiefster23, well, guy, this is where I show my true colors--it's my beliefs, not just my jacket.

I find nothing wrong with killing garden-slugs for money, in fact, I champion that cause. One of my old favorite TV shows was about a bounty hunter and his travels with a business he built with his mother. Let's fact it, the cops cannot be everywhere.

There are literally thousands of dangerous criminals who have either escaped jail or served out short sentences and went back into violent crime. So what if some bounty hunter or legitimate citizen kills them?

One proviso, it's not like on TV for you and me. Massad Ayoob wrote +30 years ago that even a righteous shooting will cost you +50 thousand dollars and several court appearances. And losing your firearm for all time is just part of the equation.

But this is our modern society. Sadly, we're the ones that built it.

I've got it pretty cushy. I know a lot of cops and I've seen the "holding cells" used for guys awaiting bail release--from the inside (gulp). Yeah, a cold hot-dog is a lousy lunch, but there's no law I know of that states the menu must be a concierge equivalent.

@Denton, I mentioned the Vietnam War because of the impact it had for me as a college freshman at the age of 18. I not only got spoon-fed the ideals of the hippie protestors, but I saw the veterans who came home and went to college on The G.I. Bill.

I never did understand why God made me a biker and not a representative of the boomer era. I think it gave me a unique perspective. I was never a hippie and never a soldier. I could talk to both sides--and I did that several times--and listen to their points of view without a steadfast personal slant.

Now here's a laugh. Of the 40,000 students of that era, I found that I was only one who carried a knife--which actually came in handy in an art class, of all places.

The hippies hated knives and the vets were tired of carrying them. In every situation, I was the only one who had a cutting tool.
    Slippy likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Nothing to see here.

You were being flippant but you are probably right when you said there's nothing to see.

Today's Turkey is not the same Turkey of 2012. Erdogan was and is evil but evil doesn't present as evil when it starts working. There's no reason to believe Trump had any reason to consider the geo-political situation in Turkey. After all, he built buildings. He wasn't a political policy-maker.
    I know; that isn't as pithy as a meme, but more accurate.

At any rate, Trump would be making a lot more money had he not become president. Unlike most politicians who enter "service" no wealthier than I am but quickly become rich, Trump had nothing to gain by becoming president.
    Chiefster23 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Nothing to see here.

Help me out on this one Mish,

Best I can tell is that Trump Towers Istanbul is a "Private Label" venture for Trump Orgainizations, not owned by Trump O. at all. The buildings appear to be owned by a Turkish company.

So, I'm not to clear on why this would motivate Trump to pull out American Troops?
    Chiefster23, Denton, Inor and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

Best I can tell is that Trump Towers Istanbul is a "Private Label" venture for Trump Orgainizations, not owned by Trump O. at all. The buildings appear to be owned by a Turkish company.

So, I'm not to clear on why this would motivate Trump to pull out American Troops?
    You are correct @Slippy . Before becoming POTUS Trump had branded himself so well he didn't even have to build the hotels anymore, instead, people just paid him to put his name on it.

But, you know, the media has a narrative put forth by their masters and the puppets refuse to pull back the curtain and see the truth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Slippy likes this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post

You are correct @Slippy . Before becoming POTUS Trump had branded himself so well he didn't even have to build the hotels anymore, instead, people just paid him to put his name on it.

But, you know, the media has a narrative put forth by their masters and the puppets refuse to pull back the curtain and see the truth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links