Trump abandons our allies. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trump abandons our allies.

This is a discussion on Trump abandons our allies. within the News & Links forums, part of the General Discussion category; He said he would help the Kurds get rid of isis. He did. Can't stay there forever....

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: Trump abandons our allies.

He said he would help the Kurds get rid of isis. He did.

Can't stay there forever.
    watcher likes this.
    Democrats are doing more to destroy our country than the Russians could ever hope to do.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Why are you so free with other American's lives?

Turkey is a US ally also, by the way. A member of NATO. The Kurds are not.
    Turkey is not our friend. Period. Yes, Turkey is a member of NATO. Admitting Turkey was a mistake.

Erdogan has taken Turkey hard-core Islamist and has twisted the arms of fellow NATO members to take in Muslims.
    Meanwhile, Christians in Turkey are being persecuted.
    https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christi...h-list/turkey/
    Hidden Content
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The Good Cop

Turkey is a predominantly muslim country.
    We have treaties with NATO and since Turkey is in the alliance, the treaties apply to them as well.
    Do we have mutual assistance treaties with the Kurds?
    Last edited by rice paddy daddy; 10-07-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    dwight55 likes this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Turkey is a predominantly muslim country.
    We have treaties with NATO and since Turkey is in the alliance, the treaties apply to them as well.
    Do we have mutual assistance treaties with the Kurds?
    Turkey was governed as a secular nation after the dismantling of the caliphate and the nation became known as Turkey. Erdogan, as I said and as is clear, has changed that.

You are clearly correct that Turkey is a member of NATO and that we have agreements due to that fact but that does not make Turkey our friend. It simply means that NATO allowed Turkey entry into the organization, just like Greece. Both being NATO members doesn't make them friends as we've seen in that last few years.
    dwight55 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

I can't believe I actually agree with the ole witch. Must be the end of times.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...id=mailsignout

Super Moderator

Now, if we are going to talk allies, who fought with the Americans in Syria?
    We seem to have a habit of leaving indigenous peoples twisting in the wind after we're done.

To be clear, I am not against bringing our folks home, but I'd like to see some sort of agreement with our "ally" to not invade and slaughter those who actually fought on our side.
    Maine-Marine likes this.
    Hidden Content
    Dr. Gregory House

Trump threatens to 'obliterate' Turkey's economy if it takes 'off-limits' actions
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN1WM1R3
    Denton and Mad Trapper like this.

The Good Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Now, if we are going to talk allies, who fought with the Americans in Syria?
    We seem to have a habit of leaving indigenous peoples twisting in the wind after we're done.

To be clear, I am not against bringing our folks home, but I'd like to see some sort of agreement with our "ally" to not invade and slaughter those who actually fought on our side.
    Turkey allows us to use their airspace in our endless Mideast wars.
    Turkey deployed ground troops to Afghanistan to fight alongside us as part of ISAF.
    Turkey has also provided logistical support.

On the other hand, Obama deployed US troops to Syria mainly to poke Russia in the eye.
    Denton and Smokin04 like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Apparently Trump has a really short memory. He's pulling our troops out of Syria which will open the door for a Turkish invasion of our allies the Kurds. Turkey intends to push back a "safe" zone into Kurdish territory. Which will include the large city of 250k, Qamishli. Of course the Kurds are ready to defend themselves. An estimated 11000 Kurds have been lost fighting Isis with their "good" friends the US. Who we are now just walking away and turning our back on.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ault-northern/
    Heard that. Those poor Kurds have been lied to by our sleazy guvment nearly as much as the Indians got lied to. As the old chief said..the great white fathers in Washinton made us many promises..but kept only one..they promised to take our land and they took it. Those Turks are some ruthless murdring bastids. Guess everybody heard of their genocide on the Armenian Christians. Highly nasty business right there.
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I'm OK with bringing the majority of our troops home.
    Slip, I'm with you except for the word "majority." I would have remarked "all."

I'm not a pot-smokin' hippie or a peacenik. I did go to the UW-Madison from 1968 until 1972. I saw some of the worst rioting of that era. But as much as those hippies were hated, I learned (as some of the boys came back from Nam) that their service was a waste of time that got 50K of them killed for virtually nothing.

If killing all the communists in that armpit of the world was so important, why not dump Agent Orange on all of the jungle trails and fire-bomb the NVA from the air until nothing moved. What was so secretive that 50K of the 19 year old boys had to die from AKs, booby-traps and punji sticks?

One of the men I rode with in that era was Col. Robert McBride. He wore a patch that said "300." This meant he had served 100 missions in WWII, 100 in Korea and 100 in Vietnam. If there ever was an authority on being on the tip of the spear, he was the guy. He brought back personal pictures of the region, and few of them humorous amid his compatriots. But an interesting thing happened. As the war took its toll on him, he mellowed. As he related the true insider stories, I got angrier.

So now kids who should be my grandchildren are at war again. What for? So we can get a better price on rice, bed bugs, and coffins at the bulk rate?

If things are so bad in sections of the world, set them all ablaze and let the boys watch the conflagration from the air...

PS. If your knew Col. McBride, look for pictures of him on his Honda with his wife Robbie. Some of those shots might have me in them, as we all rode Honda Fours of the era. Some of the best days of my life.
    Last edited by The Tourist; 10-07-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    rice paddy daddy and Slippy like this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links